Whittard of Chelsea

Whittard of Chelsea Pay & benefits reviews

Very lovely place to work, especially for those interested in Teas or Coffee. The area was fast-paced during the Christmas period. Only downside was the unpaid overtime and unfair management.
Pros
50% staff discount, lovely collegues, taste samples
Cons
Unfair management, unpaid overtime
Absolutely loved the manager, she catered to all the employees needs without complaining. We could work around our own timings. Lots of training was provided so that we could advance to supervisor roles/ assistant manager roles - very quickly. Salary was good - higher than minimum wage but just right for airport rate. Lots of tasks to do so you’re never busy. And a bunch of lovely co workers.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Travel
In general is really good to work in this company. The bonus is two free products but not extra money. You have to get one goal per day, month, etc. but they don't give you a good reward.
Good place to work part-time or during the summer for students. Pay is fine and hours are good. Would recommend to students or people looking for part-time work.
Long working hours, with no support from the company. No job security and minimal benefits. Training is unbalanced and inconsistent. Fun team to work with, dissapointing communication from area managers and upper management.
Pros
Free Tea
Cons
Highly Stressful with unrealistic targets
Very fun environment to work in. good management and small team so good atmoshere. Good products and good opportunities for training and learning about the products.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
slow business
Whittard is an amazing place to work, however the salary is not as favourable as other companies. The staff discount and allowance on products are amazing, very generous. The management at the store I work is amazing always keeping a positive outlook.
Pros
Staff discount, good work ethic
Cons
Small or zero hour contracts
Management is terrible Paperwork for a retail assistant is ridiculous Long hours Not good benefits No bonus' No good training
Pros
Easy
Cons
No bonus', paperwork is too mych
Good working environment with good flexible working hours anf strong team environment. Good use of learning on the job
I very much enjoyed my time with Whittards. I have learnt amazing skills and i have left with a good knowledge of tea and coffees. It was a shame that the store was closing down
Pros
free tea and coffee on the go
Cons
closed down
Lovely place to work in. Great possibilty of advancement. Lots of fun with co-workers. real friendly atmosphere. Salary being very low compared to other companies.
Pros
Products.
Cons
Saalry
I enjoyed working for Whattard, Its a same my time with them has been cut short due to the store been closed down.