Whole Foods Market

Whole Foods Market Employee Reviews

United Kingdom168 reviews

Found 168 reviews matching the searchSee all 13,084 reviews

Fine

Not too busy Pay was fine Management was over bearing Early starts for bakers (3am) Production wasn't too high Had to interact with customers

Productive, fast past but fun working enviroment, team members were great and enjoyed working with them.

Reason why I left 1) Too repetitive working conditions, which can get really boring after few months in 2) As a part-timer, I was hardly given extra hours to work even after requesting many times. 3) Progession was unlikely after several attemps of applying, unless you have been a veteran employee and build up a good relationships with managers.4) Unsocial hours, (usually working lates until 10pm)

Pros

Discounts, Festive season treats, Good admostphere

Cons

Unsocial hours, (usually working until 10pm) Repetitive Hard to progress up the ladder

Insights into Whole Foods Market

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Energising work tasks
  • Ability to learn new things

Ambiente favorable con los compañeros y con los encargados

Me encargaba de atender al público y de reponer lo que se iba vendiendo. Aprendí mucho sobre alimentación vegana.La gerencia estaba bien llevada por los encargados de ese momento.La cultura de la empresa era muy tolerante y abierta a todas las diferentes maneras de pensar.Lo que más me gustaba era la atención al público.

Pros

Descuento para empleados

Great team work

Really positive experience colleague-wise. I met really fun people to work with. Can get really busy during rush hours but for me this was manageable. Alternating rota so you need to be flexible.

Pros

Team work, Discount

Cons

Alternating rota

Empresa que aposta na formação de pessoas e formação de conhecimentos, ambiente Multi cultural, espírito de cooperação e integração vigente .

Muito positivo e benéfico para aprender, aprender fazendo , levar para a vida inteira uma experiência Enriquecedora a nível profissional e pessoal que acrescenta valor de mercado e valor pessoal .

Pros

Salário e Pessoas Humildes

Cons

Falta de incentivos

Begins as a dream, ends as a nightmare.

Good money and fairly easy work, just don't ever question anything or have an idea or opinion that is different as you will be bullied into quitting.

Pros

Good money

Cons

Systematic bullying

Fast paced and stressful

Whole foods market only thinks about customers and profit. They don't care about employees and their wellbeing. The salary is nice if you don't have anything else but in the other hand is to stressful.

Excellent place to start or job experience

I've worked for the Kensington store. I was quite desperate because I almost had no money at that time and my English was quite bad.Since the proper begging the supervisors and the team itself helped me.Working in customer service on the shop floor was a big challenge for me.I've learnt plenty of things from that experience.Is a really fast space and challenging position.

Pros

Multicultural environment. Challenging. Dynamic. Employee discount

Cons

Minimum salary

Terrible place to work

Management is terrible, they have no idea what they are doing, for them you are just a number. If someone on the management team doesn't like you be prepared to be bullied into quitting.Some customers treat you like you are nothing and management just tells you to suck it up.You don't have access to HR

Pros

Most team members are nice

Cons

Management, bullying, harassment

Your team makes it fun!

This job isn’t amazing, and the upper management are meh, and some days will be quite stressful. However, I worked with the best bunch of people and made a ton of new pals out of it. The work isn’t necessarily very hard (once you get to know your fruit and veg) but it can be quite busy. There was no sense of cliques or toxicity amongst regular staff which is refreshing and we all got along. There are some weird rules in place, and they seem to fire and hire new people quite often. However there is definitely worst jobs out there.

Pros

Rota in advance, 25% off, London living wage

Cons

Stressful, hard to social distance

They want you to be a smiling robot

Worst company I’ve worked for and I’ve worked in a few places. Some supervisors are nice but everybody wants to stab you in the back because they want to be the next supervisor. No team spirit.

Pros

Few good people

Cons

More snakes in the grass

Good for year or two...

The work at whole foods market was good in the first 2 years. Then the management changed and everything changed. They start to saving money on people and fire them. So work for two people need to be done by one. Also is very hard to grow because they prefer people from outside insted a very qualified person with long experience from the store. They don't appreciate your work. You are doing your best but they always will find something on you.But if someone doesn't care and want to work on one position probably is a good work for you and it's good paid compere to other jobs offer.

Pros

Good salary, holidays and organisation your rota

Cons

Management, constantly broken equipment plus poor quality of food.

Good

Good team members Good salary Good training Flexible hours Eco friendly Sustainability Charity Career development Good employment contract Health and safety

Pros

Salary

Cons

Dynamic and changeling work place.

Daily interactions with different people from different cultures and with backgrounds make my job very interesting and dynamic, where I never get bored. I improved my communications skills, I learn how to communicate with customers and team members, and I'm happy to be part of this huge family, with great principles and amazing performance. Great management, they give me the chance to demonstrate my abilities, they offer me the chance to participate in many pieces of training and now I have the chance to train the new team members and coagulate around me a new ''family'', which give,e lots of satisfactions. Because we are permanent face to face contact with costumers, we are exposed sometimes to bad attitude or aggressivity and this represents for me the hardest part of the job, but on the other side, the appreciation from the team leaders, team members and the majority of customers give us the support to carry on day by day.

One of the best jobs I've had - ish

Fairly relaxed environment Can have tattoos, piercings and coloured hair London living wage Give wastage to charity Training is done during company time Learn a lot about healthy living Great tasters Meet a lot of interesting people from all around the world Loans for an annual travel card or a bike Volunteering program

Terrible place to work

I saw a man cut his hand and mix his blood in the guacamole. The manager asked me to use tap water for making juices. The people who shop there are rude beyond belief. Worse place ever to work

Ambiente lavorativo molto tranquillo

La mia esperienza in questa azienda e' stata soddisfacente, ho imparato molto ed ho sviluppato una passione per la nuova mansione imparata, segretaria amministrativa. tutti i giorni si era a contatto con culture e persone diverse, ogni giorno era una sfida da portar a termine con ottimi risultati. i manager erano e sono persone stupede, aperti a qualsiasi tipo di discorso e prnti ad insegnarti qualcosa di nuovo.

Buon ambiente di lavoro

Buona azienda ma carente nel punto di vista manageriale

Bad management. Not particular care for the emploees.

More could have been done by the managers to make the staff feel better about working at the store in Kensington. Care and appreciation are not enough. For them you are just an extra pair of hands. Salary is relatively fine, way better than what it used to be. Holidays satisfying.

Amazing work place

Wholefood market was one of the best companies I have ever worked for. They are relaxed and they treat all the staff members all the same. Working for wholefood Market is like having a whole new family

good place to work

the service was amazing. People where relaxed on the shop floor and food quality was ok, Nice plase to grow up and learn more about the food quality and process from all around the world. People support you but salary rate is not great.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Whole Foods Market. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement