Whole Foods Market

Whole Foods Market Employee Reviews in Ashburn, VA

You’re seeing reviews in Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Well-compensated relative to similar jobs in area. Collaborative work environment with excellent coworkers. Quickly paced due to common staff shortages; but this is made up for by the quality of existing staff.
Worked there for over a year, depending on your department your manager is usually good. Scheduling is usually pretty flexible and you can get as many hours as you want.
Pros
Pay and hours
Cons
Consistently micromanaged, labor intensive
Be prepared to produce. We have fun but get the job done. have good communication skills. Be prepared to offer excellent customer service. More than a job, a community.
This company also took a change on me by promoting me. From over night stocker and to Overnight Supervisor. I enjoy it alike.. I would love the opportunity again..
Things were great before new leadership came in. Now they just get rid of ppl for little things. Every dept struggles to find workers. They dont always give you the hours you want and they say one thing and another. Write ups are a hobby of theirs.
Pros
Food
Cons
Horrible management. Fake personalities.
When store first opened, it was great. Met a lot of " interesting" people. Went down hill real fast! Too many management changes. Too many changes within dept. Many wonderful days with lots of happy customers.
Pros
discount
Cons
too many changes all at once.
If you worked in a department besides Fresh Foods or Meat you probably wouldn't be rushing as much to finish closing, but it's just awful for closers. The openers made the place into a train wreck that single person had to clean up.
Pros
Lots of benefits
Cons
Cleaning up after at least 4 other employees.
The customers are all so nice. I worked with a team that got along great and loved being there. It was exhausting some days, but each day was different. I got to talk to customers and explain products and our values to them.
Pros
20% discount on everything
Cons
Schedule changes every week
Good place to work with a friendly atmosphere. You are given a lot of leeway to do things to make sure that the customer is satisfied, and are rewarded for good work.
you stand on the registers for a really long time. it gets repetetive and at times kind of hard to bare. A person in charge at the one i worked at sucked
A better place than most other grocery stores in terms of benefits. Good pay for retail. Great full-time benefits. I met a lot of wonderful people who really try to do good for their peers and leaders who worked hard for their teams. Growth potential was fantastic: I was able to move up incredibly fast, but this is changing. The company is restructuring and eliminating leadership positions through attrition, so a significant slow down in open leadership positions. Slow and steady increase in pressure trying to cram what was multiple jobs into single positions. Bad decisions made regarding training programs, gutting, bringing back and regutting trainer positions for the sake of money.
Pros
Met a lot of good people there. Both fellow team membets and customers, Pay, Health Benefits, 401(k) benefits
Cons
Leadership resteucturing, Short breaks, Late night hours