Whole Foods Market
Whole Foods Market Employee Review

Wish I could have stayed

11 December 2017
I LOVED that job but was unable to keep it because I have a young child and the hours were extremely inconsistent. I had to pay for added daycare in order to keep my schedule open to the possibility of getting a shift. I worked my longest hours on the weekend days and I ended up missing out on my young child's life and time with my husband. The managers said there wasn't anything that could be done and that the inconsistent schedule was a way of life for everyone, including them. It appeared to be very true. I also wanted full time work so I could get insurance but there are very few full time opportunities. It became too expensive to work there because I had to pay for my own insurance and because I had to pay added childcare hours. I loved that job.
1.0Job security/advancement
Pros
I believed in the product and service to customers was fantastic.
Cons
Extremely little opportunity for full time (hours and benefits)
31 May 2020
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) - High Street Kensington Station
Daily interactions with different people from different cultures and with backgrounds make my job very interesting and dynamic, where I never get bored. I improved my communications skills, I learn how to communicate with customers and team members, and I'm happy to be part of this huge family, with great principles and amazing performance. Great management, they give me the chance to demonstrate my abilities, they offer me the chance to participate in many pieces of training and now I have the chance to train the new team members and coagulate around me a new ''family'', which give,e lots of satisfactions. Because we are permanent face to face contact with costumers, we are exposed sometimes to bad attitude or aggressivity and this represents for me the hardest part of the job, but on the other side, the appreciation from the team leaders, team members and the majority of customers give us the support to carry on day by day.
28 December 2018
Customer Service Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) - Portland, ME
Kind management and staff. Always felt at home and welcomed.A variety of different jobs to chose from depending on your personality.There is always someone to steer you in the right direction. all in all a wonderful place to work.
Pros
free food
Cons
weather
3 May 2018
Cashier/Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) - London
Currently working on Wholefoods but I’m about to leave, in terms of environment,management and nice staff the place is one of the best you’ll find, meet people from all over the world and have time to a good chat here and there on periods when the store is not busy,in terms of advancing in your career if you move to front end supervisor you’ll get 50p more in comparison to team members so I feel it doesn’t worth the stress and pressure ,the only downgrade as a cashier you get yourself standing on your foot at the till for long hours and it can get a bit stagnate doing it over few months, in my time here every month people come and go as I’ve never seen before and I think it has to be for salary reasons,and that’s the way I feel now, in terms of salary I simply can’t have it anymore, doing full time and it doesn’t get you to 1100 a month, that’s simply atrocious and that’s the reason why I’m leaving, The thing I’ll miss the most is the nice environment you get with the fellow team members and good and friendly management. Overall was a good experience but I’ll definitely not miss being badly paid in a company that does loads of money.
Pros
Nice Management, Friendly TeamMembers
Cons
Low Salary