Whole Foods Market

Whole Foods Market Employee Reviews for Customer Service Associate / Cashier

Daily interactions with different people from different cultures and with backgrounds make my job very interesting and dynamic, where I never get bored. I improved my communications skills, I learn how to communicate with customers and team members, and I'm happy to be part of this huge family, with great principles and amazing performance. Great management, they give me the chance to demonstrate my abilities, they offer me the chance to participate in many pieces of training and now I have the chance to train the new team members and coagulate around me a new ''family'', which give,e lots of satisfactions. Because we are permanent face to face contact with costumers, we are exposed sometimes to bad attitude or aggressivity and this represents for me the hardest part of the job, but on the other side, the appreciation from the team leaders, team members and the majority of customers give us the support to carry on day by day.
Kind management and staff. Always felt at home and welcomed.A variety of different jobs to chose from depending on your personality.There is always someone to steer you in the right direction. all in all a wonderful place to work.
Pros
free food
Cons
weather
Currently working on Wholefoods but I’m about to leave, in terms of environment,management and nice staff the place is one of the best you’ll find, meet people from all over the world and have time to a good chat here and there on periods when the store is not busy,in terms of advancing in your career if you move to front end supervisor you’ll get 50p more in comparison to team members so I feel it doesn’t worth the stress and pressure ,the only downgrade as a cashier you get yourself standing on your foot at the till for long hours and it can get a bit stagnate doing it over few months, in my time here every month people come and go as I’ve never seen before and I think it has to be for salary reasons,and that’s the way I feel now, in terms of salary I simply can’t have it anymore, doing full time and it doesn’t get you to 1100 a month, that’s simply atrocious and that’s the reason why I’m leaving, The thing I’ll miss the most is the nice environment you get with the fellow team members and good and friendly management. Overall was a good experience but I’ll definitely not miss being badly paid in a company that does loads of money.
Pros
Nice Management, Friendly TeamMembers
Cons
Low Salary
I found Whole Foods Market to be a cool place to work. A typical day you are serving customers on the tills, packing there groceries. Learned a lot about eating healthy and what foods to eat, Also other peoples diets. Wanting to be healthy and having dietary requirements. You do work hard. When it's busy its absolutely MANIC...the cue doesn't stop. Especially before Christmas you are rushed off your feet. Hardest part of the job I found was doing the different shifts. My body clock definitely went funny a few weeks in but got used to it. Most enjoyable. You do get to have a giggle. The staff are absolutely lovely and are fun to be around and work with. The best bunch of people I've had the pleasure of working with for a while. And on certain times of the year you dress up. Halloween, fancy dress competitions and the customers get to choose the winner, Valentines day, Christmas...wearing xmas hats and face paints. I loved working there but eventually the shifts took the toll on my body and working 40 hours a week meant I felt like I had no life.
Pros
Lovely poeple staff get 25% discount
Cons
Shifts and 40 hour working week. Kills your body.
Unless you want a life career in Whole Foods, then this place will just make you depressed. Entitled customers, managers who don't care about you because they're too obsessed with customer satisfaction and money. Just too much stress for a job that I needed just to pay for school. I hated it there so much.
  1. Customer Service Associate / Cashier