Whole Foods Market

Whole Foods Market Employee Reviews for Deli Associate

Great management and team work. Excellent work performance. No pressure. Payment is good for the position. Jobs tasks are very easy if you are willing to learn and move up quickly.
all in all Not good, management was not helpful or know that half the crew was taking advantage of the work place. They held double standards and completely detached to their work
Pros
Pay
Cons
Coworkers
The pay is great for what you do. You get a .25-1.00 raise for every year you work. I love that I get a discount and I can live comfortably off of the money. I love my job.
Massive workload. Endless checklists that make no sense. Co-workers that speak in their language thereby excluding you from the conversation. Zero positive feedback. Constant criticism. Extremely high stress. Poor training by resentful employees who seem to enjoy setting you up for failure by not sharing information or by not being able to share information clearly. Speaking with customers was the best part of the job. That and leaving the building,lol.
Pros
Nice customers.
Cons
Massive, unreasonable workload. Poor, fast training.
Trash, management has terrible communication, since amazon took over raises are constantly lacking the only redeeming part is if you luck up. And have good co workers
One of my favorite places to work. They had great benefits. All of my co workers were great. All of my managers were great. Lastly, all the products were wonderful.
Cons
Whole Foods is a good strong, understanding company. They work with my schedule, they always understand for any family issues or personal problems.. Star company.!!
good place to work, good culture and decent pay. seemed to change when ownership went to amazon. good people to work with and good food to eat while at work
The group decides if you stay due to bonuses. So my tip would be to be friendly to your coworkers and work hard. They literally take a vote on who stays.
I would work there again the people are so nice I’m always on time never was late I did different task and jobs never left on a bad note and I would work there again
After 8 years Im making the same pay as the TM's that have just started and Im training them. We haveTM that have been there over 20 years and the make triple the amount. And do 1/3 of the job. It is a rewarding job because I have learned alot and the customers are great. Whole Foods does not practice their "Core Values" they so proudly talked about. I need a change and to be appreciated Im hard work who is always their on time and go in whenever they needed me.
Whole Foods was a great place to work at for the time being I’ve gained a lot of customers service experience and learnt some new things on my journey there.
Whole Foods Market was a great experience and a great opportunity for me. I learned skills that I could carry on to other jobs in the future, as well as, that I can use in my everyday life.
Pros
Free snacks some days
Cons
Management was very stern and uncooperative
Very hectic and stressful, horrible schedule. Your personality is valued more than your worker productivity. Easy to get fired, very high turnover rate.
Pros
freebies
Cons
three month review is harsh
Great place to work. fair hours, fair wages. Friendly environment. Clean and smoke free environment. Pleasant guest. Fresh meat, sea food, and other products
In the beginning of starting with the company was nice then after getting use to everything scheduled by myself once a week excepting me to get backups for the case and clean and fill the case help customers if no one called off in either pizza department or for fresh pack i had help towards the end of the night only If it was needing help only 1 store manager would help if the other store manger was off the other would not help my department.
Good place to work very professional environment. Flexible hours help you take care of kids. Provides good benefits. Great staff and coworkers always willing to help.
Everyone who works there are really sweet. They give you good hours and they usually give you the time you request off. Although they pay well and everyone is nice your job is not secure. After 30 days all of your coworkers vote on whether or not you get to stay. If you don't get enough votes they give you another 30 days and if by then you have not been voted on you are terminated.
I didnt feel I would be able to move up in the company with no benefits after 6 months and the constant cut of hours every week I didnt always feel noticed in my hard work or get recognized for anything
Working at Whole Foods can be very fast paced but you manage to create friendships and healthy relationships with your daily customers, everyone is very friendly. Management works as best as they could with you if you need days off etc.
Pros
10% or 20% off employee discount card
Cons
No set schedule unless you're lucky
Good place to work but super stressful overall. Did really like the discount and would definitely reccomend as an in between type of job. Long term is easy burn out.