Whole Foods Market

Whole Foods Market Employee Reviews for Team Member

management can be very appalling,company should focus on improving communication between teams and office,stressful environment,very strict overall, even for sickness (unpaid)
A good experience as it is to learn an extensive knowledge on the organic and natural field. Increase of your abilities. You can have good or bad days but the most important is to stay true to your own values. It's a good place to taste natural food and take time with a team member to know more about it.
Every store is different, Fulham has amazing people in !:) Good pay, good perks Good stuff discount too They can offer a lot of different shifts and are very flexible
Like the principles and culture of the company. The department that I work in doesn't give me the chance to learn more or grow, which for me is demotivating.
I absolutely dreaded my shifts. Most supervisors lack people and leadership skills which constantly has a negative impact on the overall team. The people in the management team are biased and make terrible decisions driven by personal preferences. I wouldn't advise anyone to accept an offer for this company as the probability to move up is dependent on how much they like you not based on your performance. The only good thing about working for Whole Foods is the 25% discount, however, everything is more expensive and you would get a better deal by buying organic from other stores. Moreover, they are not as transparent about the origin of particular bulk products and they are not fully respecting the organic standards. Everyone is over-worked and not appreciated and when it comes to constructive criticism no supervisor is able to covey it accordingly but what is practised consistently and arduously is gossiping and making some team members feel uncomfortable for not "belonging to the cool crowd".
Pros
Cons
Unpaid lunch break. Inconsistent shifts.
Whole Foods Market has a range of products of the highest quality and quality, combined with an excellent customer service. , I am working with great people and nice customers. Professional and serious Manager and Company.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Slow career progression
Azienda professionale e seria. Consiglio assolutamente a tutti.
AT wf we work as family.what ever work we do we work as team .we always help each other out that way we can do more work with big smile.what i learned from wf work as team.To be honest if wf is still open in cheltenham i would be working for wf .
Pros
very very good place to work .
Cons
wf discount you get it from 25% to 35%
The company is changing as acquired by Amazon, still the poor strategic planning remains and the company grown in this country is equal to zero. Low wages, good workers community. Lot of daily tasks and duties, thre is more than enough to be busy. There are strong company ethics still the attention for simple workers is low, not easy to grow a career. Most of the people work on weekly shift basis.
Pros
Good pension scheme
Cons
Always short of staff
Worked with a wide range of products, built up on product knowledge, created a rapport with customers and helped solidify the brand in Scotland. Educated customers on the benefits of a healthy lifestyle and raised awareness on organic products. The hardest part of the job was striking the work-life balance. The flexibility required to work every weekend as a full-time member left no time to address the balance in my private life. It makes it difficult to invest time in a career with the company in the long run when the nature of the business can compromise other areas of one's life. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to customers, listening to their various needs and creating a bespoke approach tailored to each customer.
Benefits
Cons
Flexible shift requirements
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Whole Foods Market?
I have been working for this company around few years in different stores is not a bad place to work but everything change in the last year, amazon bought the company and the benefits are minimum,there is not more extra bonus and opportunities are minimum just only you can grow up in your department but they are gonna offer you maximum 1 pound more for more responsibilities. if you are looking for careers in this company I wouldn't recommend you just for something with a period of 6 months it's perfect
Really good company overall but became very downhill due to upper staff. After a restructure which saw most experienced staff lose their job a very obvious pattern of friends become team leaders which led to favoritism. Some staff got away with murder whilst others had to work harder. The rotas, made by team leaders, were a joke with often mistakes, The job kept you busy but you lost your social life (working 12:30 to 9 then 8 to 4:30 the next day in many cases). that was my store which then closed down before Christmas. Pay was excellent and so were the healthcare and other benefits schemes (before they disappeared too)
Pros
Pay, staff and benefits
Cons
Pattern less rotas and little life outside work.
If your team is great, you will have a blast. If it is not, there is no difference whether you work at WFM, Asda, Tesco or wherever. It's a company as any other. I worked there for 2 years, at first the salary was great and the bonuses good, then bit by bit it all got reduced and withered away, despite the fact that we were working harder and harder, the profits kept growing. Oh well.
Hard and demanding work / not adequately paid Marketing could be better, prices could be repositioned and the overall brand has to be revised Friendly staff
I enjoyed my time at whole foods Market to an extent, but found the management of people to be really poor, which was a shame as the company has a lot going for it. The work colleagues i had were hard working and great people but were mistreated/exploited quite badly.
Pros
company benefits.
Cons
Management.
After working in Wholefoods Cheltenham, I came to realise that the company supports the employee and their needs, teaching us whatever we need to be better in our department and supporting our personal needs.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
very good place to work with understanding system which allows for a accommodating life with family. i worked from 2012 till now and has been a very good exprience overall but its time to move on and evolve, with better future and better earnings.
Pros
company very flexible to the individual
Cons
not looking after their best workers.
A typical day at work is very hard because they are very often have a short staff but I had been learnt too much. The most enjoyable part is my job is my lovely colleague.
Benefits
Cons
Long Hours
the best company for organic food, sustainability and excellence. I have learnt how to work in a group, find solutions togheter with team leaders, because we create partnership with our leaders and teammates. Very interesting job where you can learn a lot about health life and you feel involved in activities such as sport challenges, school trips and farm visits. Since when I started in here I felt myself attracted by health life and the will to improve my way to eat.
Pros
Free lunch vouchers for employees
Cons
Sometimes you work alone
Long hours standing all day, management disorganised, culture of fear regarding job security, company values ignored by managers, rotas constantly changing at short notice. OK if you are a student wanting some holiday work but as a full time employee expect to be bored unappreciated and exhausted, I've never worked anywhere that the full time staff are so unhappy. On the plus side if you can bring yourself to stick it out they do pay better than most shops once your first year is over - avoid customer service team as all you will do is work on a till for eight hours a day for forty hours a week!!!!
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Long hours bad management who seem to be playing at shops very unprofessional
I am a mature responsible individual with a professional demeanour and methodical approach to my work. I have experience with team leading as my role was to help a team of supervisors to complete their daily and monthly tasks. I have given training to new members of staff and helped them with any problems they faced. I have always met deadlines efficiently, even within restricted time frames. I can speak, read and write in 3 languages (Arabic, English, and French) and I have a good understand of Microsoft Office applications and Internet skills.