WIENERBERGER LTD

WIENERBERGER LTD Reviews with Jobs

United Kingdom15 reviews

productive and effective helping the building industry

good friendly work place, relaxing atmosphere, good pay, chilled out atmosphere, medicals every 6 months, help you out when needing time off, encourages learning new machines

Management are a joke

Unless you're one of the chosen few, you won't get anywhere in this company. Everything is a blame game. Never felt so underappreciated, and a strong bullying culture at management level.

Pros

Shift pattern is good

Cons

Management, pay

Insights into WIENERBERGER LTD

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Inclusive work environment

Even though my role was made redundant. I still can’t say how lovely it was to work here. Good chance for progression, good pay and bonus . Management team was good and the office was nice.

Pros

Bonus for office staff

Run by a bully

Surrounded by yes men.all out for themselves.i have seen some disgusting behaviour. People who have worked all there life there, discarded Like they never existed

Pros

Cons

Loads

Personal Preventative maintenance

This included the following: Modifications to systems Installations Working with PLC's Breakdowns and general repairs on three phase systems. Working with single phase systems

Good working environment

Good group of people to work with great working environment and the money is good if your willing to put in the overtime 😊👍👍👍👍 it can be a bit fast paced but nothing to stressful 👍

Pros

The money is great

Cons

Good

Very good place to work for but if you want to progress and growing then look for other place. Especially if you are young guy/girl.but in general I would recommend this place to work for, colleges are very friendly and helpful.

Productive and Fun place to work

Was great to be a part of the team at wienerberger, friendly staff and managers and kept you busy without keeping you idol. willing to let you try out new things to a certain extent simpily for safety reasons.

Productive Workplace

Responsible for the repair and maintenance of the Kiln Cars at the Cheadle site. The role was extremely varied which was very enjoyble. Always the opportunity for lots of overtime.

Do not work here

To anyone looking to work for this company I would strongly advise you to stay as far away from this sh** hole as possible absolutely no support or help from the management team whatsoever as they have no care for there staff and just expect you to jump straight into the job with no training and then discipline you for not knowing what your doing and make you feel as low as possible everyday of your life there is absolutely no job security and I can 100 percent promise you won't last longer than your probation even though you know better than the useless pri*** that work there and the only good reviews they get on here are from the managers as they all suddenly started coming on when it was mentioned about there bad reputation but for anyone who does go for a job there best of luck your going to need it

Pros

Absolutely nothing

Cons

Appalling management

Feel appreciated and looked after and work day shifts

Started working for Wienerberger after leaving my previous job after 8.5 years. It was a HUGE step in my life and career but I'm glad I made it. Glad I chose the largest brick manufacturer in the world to go to, offers me a sense of job security. I must say, after working rotating day and night shifts, just doing days is a much appreciated change and I still get the 4 days off too. But what I am happy about most is my job satisfaction, I feel appreciated by both Operators and Management. I have only been here for 3 months so I am still learning, but everybody is willing to spend time explaining to me about any of my questions be it from how a particular machine runs to the management paperwork and procedures etc. One big thing for me joining here was because of the plant manager, he was my interviewer and he made me feel at ease and is very easy to get on with and talks to you like a human instead of a dictator. He is supporting me with my development into management and frequently asks how I am doing and is there anything I am unsure of and which direction I would like my career to advance. I have also had a new production operative start for me and the company have treated him the same. Gave him all the support he has needed, with a proper training schedule and we monitor where he needs more support in order to get him up to speed with the machine he is operating. Whereas at my last employer you would've probably had 1 or 2 blocks (4-8 days) training and expected to be on your own after that. So, in summary. I am glad I started working for Wienerberger, I have -

Pros

Co Workers and Days based

Cons

Nothing really.

Excellent place to work.

I have started with the company in January and must say that all the support and help from management and fellow colleagues is great. I get lots of training and my day to day work life is pleasant and fulfilling. I am continually learning and improving my skills.

Pros

Friendly working environment. Loads of support from Management

Cons

Can't really think of anything.

it was a horrible place to work. the management are lazy and uncaring. there is no job security avoid

Avoid it like the plague. I ran the machine all by myself for 9 out of 10 wks I was there I was let go because I wasn't trained. I received no help from my fellow workers. I asked my trainer for help was told "can't be bothered, work it out" they would set the machine up to fail then stand and watch me struggle even if I asked for help. The atmosphere is very negative. I turned down a good job to take the weinerberger job, I really regret it. I got a call off my old boss offering me my job back because he was told I was let go. I asked my current boss at weinerberger if I was going to b let go I was told no you'll get a contract so I told my old boss he must b mistaken so hire someone else. Next day I was let go and my old job had gone . Very poor management, unprofessional and uncaring. I would avoid this company not a nice place to work

Pros

going home

Cons

the list is endless

Competitive Industry

Strong requirements for high customer service levels; a very competitive industry requires the best of services. It was a fast pace environment with a vast product line to learn about.

During my current and previous roles within the company I have had experience of working in many challenging enviroments and worked closely with managers each week, making sure all the month end reports are completed. Also I liase with auditors internally and externally, making sure all the audit findings have been completed and have been implemented within the factory and all the relevant staff have been trained and updated on the companies training matrix and safety procedures. If any new procedures are implemented I have to update them inorder for it to be so that it is added onto the companies works manual and updated on the intranet. I have to keep a record of all the testing that takes place within the factory and file it away and keep an electronic copy so traceability can be found and back dated.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WIENERBERGER LTD. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare WIENERBERGER LTD with

Learn about WIENERBERGER LTD in popular locations

• WIENERBERGER LTD
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?