Wiley

Wiley Employee Reviews

Yearly restructures are rather excessive and demolish morale. As do terrible managers who don't respect your work. Little room for progression and male mediocrity is overwhelmingly rewarded
A real lack of respect for their staff and sometimes a real toxic environment. Poor management who were often incompetent, very clicky and Managers had their favourites. A real lack of progression internally. Staff were always undervalued and often their skills or experience were never utilised. Turned out to be a sales job in the end which was all about numbers, being ruthless and putting pressure on the customers (students). Would have expected more from such a big corporate company.
Pros
Early finish of a Friday!
Cons
lack of respect from Managers
The company has exceedingly generous benefits although a bit of mix around fair pay. It does try to promote a good culture of support and inclusiveness. Expectations are very high in a company that seems to change it's mind daily. The systems used are old and clunky and senior management tend to talk in a very corporate way, making understanding the company direction and goals challenging. That being said the people are amazing which makes the difficult days manageable.
Excellent colleagues and direct management. No understanding or interest from senior colleagues. Lack of progression opportunities. Underwhelming wage for work required.
Nice people, but too much frequent change and layers of management. Enjoyed two stints of maternity cover but could not tie down a permanent role due to staff saturation.
I hope work with amazing people and have a great work life balance what’s not to like 👍🏼 The culture is brilliant with masses of support Big Brother it is not 😀 5*
Enjoyed working at Wiley but found issue with occasional personnel more than anything. Constant comparisons to predecessors from one manager and general lack of faith from another. Aside from that, friendly group and enjoyed my time there.
I really enjoyed working at Wiley, felt professional yet fun and inclusive. My only issue was that I did not enjoy my role, it was unfulfilling to what I was searching for in a career. A great publishing company to work for.
At this job I was a temporary work experience placement. This means that I didn't get paid. The culture that was there on the other hand was very friendly and productive which were very welcoming to me when I worked there. I learned what a real office workplace environment was like.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Wiley has the people who understand employee needs and provide them correct tools , culture is cool, I have learned so much due to all the opportunities I got there.
Restructuring and redundancies cause major job dissatisfaction among most staff that work there, I hear "this job is making me ill" on a weekly basis. Terrible systems that are becoming unworkable. Pros are free tea and coffee, nice location and offices in Chichester. If you like a challenge, this is the place for you, it is very challenging. Ok if you are short term temping I guess.
Pros
Free tea and coffee
Cons
Unworkable systems, unhappy staff, no job stability
I only worked here for a few weeks, mostly spent on my own but this means I was trusted to be able to get on and do what i needed to with minimal supervision.
Wiley is a family company and still has some of that feel in its culture and ethos. The company has good benefits, including pension, and a number of perks, such as an annual recreation day and a Christmas party. There are a lot of talented and creative people at Wiley, which is really what makes the culture. The industry as a whole is undergoing a lot of uncertainty at the moment and Wiley, like all companies, is adjusting to changes in its market. This can make a challenging environment for colleagues, particularly for those that are motivated by improving research literature (rather than finding commercial opportunities).
In general, the people working in the editorial teams are fantastic and are (in my opinion) the best part of working for the company. However, the senior management team seem to have no idea how to implement their long-term strategy and there doesn't seem to be much logic behind some of the decision making. At a time when other employers are becoming more flexible to ensure that staff are able to work at their full potential, Wiley has taken a step backwards on this front.
Loved working at Wileys it had a real family feel and I felt like I was part of a team and I have never worked for anyone that was quite like them. I wish I had never left.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Learnt all i could learn and required a new challenge
To become a part of the organization where I can apply my Knowledge enhances my skill and be able to contribute growth and success of the organization. One years of experience in the field of Accounts. Now looking for a suitable position with a company which offers genuine room for progression and where I can make a significant contribution.
Pros
Free lnchs
Cons
Long hrs
Not brilliant leadership or career progression but flexible for people with families and trying to make positive changes. In the Midst of an identity crisis.
Working at Wiley's has given me the confidence with working with customers and in an office environment. The people there are some of the nicest people I have ever met , everybody gels well together. Nobody minds if you need to ask them a question and they all get stuck in with outside of work events!
Plan and deliver training to internal and external customer service departments in English and German CRM systems. Audit customer service teams work. Create training user guides and agree processes.
Pros
Lunch time running club, discounted books
Cons
Too quiet, lack of communication
Working for Wiley was an absolute blast. I learned so much. The way they made me feel was fantastic. I was a contractor but they treated me as one of them. I never experienced that feeling anywhere else before. I worked there for 11 months.
The best part about Wiley is the people. I have never worked with such a supportive, kind and generous team anywhere else. Although I do not, and have not always agreed with the changes and restructuring brought about by the senior leadership team I believe that the decision makers have the companies' best interests at heart.
Pros
Hardworkng, loyal and dedicated employees
Cons
Wiley is struggling to find its place within the market
  1. Employee reviews