Wilko

Wilko Employee Reviews

Found 1,605 reviews matching the search
repetitive work that soon becomes boring.No support from above when you express issues.Briefly changed shifts (to help out) & was labeled a traitor.Catty back biting from colleagues if you have an opinion different to theirs.
I worked here for almost 3 years, it's been horrific, full of office politics, rife with abuse of the staff both customers and other staff members. The pay is terrible. The management and some staff members attack those with disabilities (like myself). Security is non existent half the time and if you don't "fit in" with their world views you quickly find yourself iether picked on or alone, an awful place.
Pros
Discount is 20%. We let dogs in st. Weekly payment.ore now.
Cons
Awful pay, They discriminate, Office politics, full of gossip, Loaded with ignorance (don't listen to their employees)
There are almost no benefits apart from a 20 percent discount card for the employees. The supervisors aren't interactive enough with the team members. If an employee is off sick due to coronavirus they only get one period off paid. The holiday scheme is an absolute joke. No holiday can be carried over even if you have not used any at all.
Pros
20 percent discount in store
Cons
Holiday scheme. Supervisors
I have put 20 years loyal service into working for this company and for what !! Over the years every little perk we had has been taken away ,the latest is sick pay in the middle of a pandemic,I hope that this time the workers stand together and put a stop to this,this company has no shame.
Pros
Nothing right now
Cons
Unpaid break, hot drinks taken away, useless senior ops and management
I started employment around September before Xmas session, I had a bit of training for a few days on tills and stock replenishment but then just got left to it. No professional training on phone's, online deliverys just an explanation. I could have had more support as a new employee working in retail as it isn't as easy as it looks from a customer point of view.
Pros
20% discount card
Cons
Inconsistent working hours and clicky management.
Worked as a customer service assistant, working early mornings as a merchandiser filling shelves & moving stock deliveries, also worked on tills serving customers & generally helping customers with their needs, loved the job immensely, great team of colleagues & management, useful staff discount card & bonus, opportunities to progress, my reason for leaving was job became too physically demanding for me & too many stairs to go up & down to staff room & shop floors which became difficult to handle.. But otherwise would of loved to still be there..
Pros
Friendly collegues, discount card, great working environment. Helping customers
Cons
Lots of stairs, early morning starts
Here at the Eccles Store most staff are lovely.Management on the other hand is a different story.Does not engage with staff and does not see what actually happens on the shop floor.To quick to discipline, bad behaviour.Would not recommend.
Pros
Some lovely staff
Cons
Poor management
Was a good company back in the day, now it's take, take, take, having taken all the benefits and rewards away, they have now decided to remove sick pay in the height of a global pandemic in which people are dying, and you are expected to work regardless, as the company has defined you as keyworkers!!!Also as from today you are not allowed a hot drink, they have taken those away too. Its a horrible company who prides itself on family values, when infact it has no morals whatsoever!!!Stay well clear!!!. This place will be gone soon!
Pros
Cons
Everything..
Get treated unfairly. Too much work is expected to be completed within a short time frame. Management clearly have there favourites.Not allowed to have your own opinion. Get moaned at over the slightest thing. Are meant to be on the tills whilst helping on shopfloor and checking to see that no one is stealing.Management doesn't care about anyone but the ones they choose to favour. Many people not just me have complained about the treatment we recieve.I would not recommend working here.
Cons
Having worked for over 10 years at Wilko, the true nature of a company really presents itself under pressure when staff are treating unfairly by management who clearly operate on a favouritism and self-interest basis. There is little to no advancement in working on the shop floor other than working more tasks for the same pay which require even more of the staff. Furthermore is the total unrealistic expectations of staff who have families and after-work routines to be expected to be free every 24/7 as though they have no responsibilities at all as far as Wilko is concerned. Overall, the management have delegated even the most dangerous responsibilities (i.e., security) to the sales advisors who're now expected to surveillance the shop floor and any activity beyond their qualification. The staff have not been trained in any way to handle violent or theft incidents in the store (where there are many occurring) and yet are expected to some how tackle it, while the already-aloof management just wander about.
Cons
Terrible management who don't know what they're doing/ favouritism
Poor contracted hours for people who are single and live by them selfs having to pay for bills etc. treated unfairly like you are not human. Employees trying to provoke people and then complain to management when you defend yourself. Horrible work exsperience I have ever encountered
Pros
Cons
A lot
From day 1, I have never been supported which made feel very uneasy to say the least. It was a very stressful and fast paced work environment. This had made me feel even more nervous that lead to making severe mistakes etc. Working at Wilko was the worst work experience of my life. It completely crushed any confidence I have ever had. I definitely wouldn't recommend joining this company. I just feel that the management should treat the employers a bit better than they currently do. This was so terrible, that it put me off working in the retail sector and I had to somehow rebuild my self esteem and confidence again. Never again will I ever work for such a horrible company like Wilko ever again!!!
Pros
Cons
Bullying, poor management, poor pay, poor training support. Etc
Strong bully culture, managers play favorites and staff are not cared for at all.There is literally no positive aspect of this job.
Pros
Cons
bullys, poor management, low pay.
Not very family friendly to work for, more interested in profit than staff. There seems to be one rule for one and another rule for another. Some of the people were extremely nice to get on with
Was a good store,but over the past couple of years has gone down hill as to staff considerations,high rate of people leaving, and yes this past year has had the terrible COVID problem,but you would think that during this time staff would be well looked after,not the caseIt’s that old story,if you dont like it leave,plenty of people waiting in line for workShame
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
Poorly run by management
The interview was amazing, I felt very welcomed. The management and team members are very supportive, always ready to help in every way that they can.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Going home
The staff are really nice, however the some of the management team are rude and passive aggressive. They have unrealistic expectations of the work you have to complete in the time given. They disregard your contract at times they need you, however don’t count your consistent over time when you’re off sick. Poor organisation of holidays - I booked a holiday 4 months in advance they refused to pay me for because they claimed it was short notice. They DO NOT pay double for bank holidays such as Boxing Day. Over all this whole company just exploits and uses their workers as much as they possibly can, by extending the hours of the shop being open resulting in workers having to stay past 10pm finishing off work. Also, without raising pay over the COVID period.
Pros
20% discount, really nice and funny team
Cons
Unrealistic expectations, some rude staff, bad holiday booking, understaffed
Hard but rewarding work nice team of lovely people from all age groups & all backgrounds made for a good working environment.discount excellent very amiable manager who gets the best from staff. Staff from all age groups excellent!!
Pros
Discount
Cons
Long
Wilko is a great job for any age, I was welcomed in as a 'youngen' as I was 17 when I got the job but everyone is lovely and it's a very welcoming job and a lovely environment.
They expect alot, work you to the bone, company makes bare money. But the pay is not the best, especially for the level and amount of work you do. Don't expect any appreciations to be shown for hard work😩😔🙄
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Pay
this company has no respect for its employees. work is hard and poorly paid. expected to work past your shift times and rarely paid for extra time.Management are put under undue pressure to deliver.Board of directors are driving the company into the dirt. expect this company to go the way of Woolworths and the dinosaurs within the next few years.I look forward to being served my Big Mac by Lisa Wilkinson at an outlet near me very soon
Pros
ha ha ha
Cons
where do i start
  1. Employee reviews