Wilko

Wilko Employee Reviews

Found 1,616 reviews matching the search
In the store I worked the management was rude and righteous but luckily my supervisor was amazing and pleasant. Work under taken involved dressing stock, putting out delivery, helping customers, serving at the tills and occasionally rearranging stock in the warehouse.
Pros
Easy work, quick pace
Cons
Can sometimes be labourous
I worked at wilko for a good 3 years. I enjoyed the job at the beginning and made a few good friends. After a while it was like being back at high school all over again. A lot of backstabbing and bullying. Managers and supervisors have their favourites and will give them the most hours. What annoyed me the most was kids who are not apart of management, they’re level 1s bossing you around unloading all their responsibilities on to you, including supervisors and managers. Security causes most of the issues between the staff. Spreading rumours and thinking they’re above everyone else when all they do is stand by the door chatting up girls. Horrible atmosphere. Even if you’re desperate I wouldn’t recommend working here. Worst place I’ve ever worked. So glad it’s in the past and that’s where it’s staying!
Pros
20% discount
Cons
Bullying, hours constantly cut. Very stressful
Wilkos is a great fare place all curture and different jobs move up a ladder great customer and college s are great like family good role place lots variety work things to do night duty and over time it's worth being there jobs and uniform is great and charity stuff goes on we too. Great place to work..
Pros
Bring your own
Cons
Up to you worth it
Wilko is a good retailer and the benefits are great for employees. You get a 20% Discount card for anything in store and the shifts can be good for students. Management were mostly good and professional. Work can be hard during busy periods but all things considered, it's not a problem. Would recommend for anyone looking for casual, nothing serious.
Pros
discounts, casual, easy work
Cons
short hours, weekend work
Good opportunity to work yourself up the ladder if you want to. Small contracts that can extend to lots of overtime if you show willingness to work. Benefits are great too 20% discount for you and a family member plus thousands of discounts from partner schemes
Pros
Discount, benefits
Cons
Small contracts
You will always have something to do at Wilko whether it is customers that need serving or helped, shelves to be sacked, stock rotation to do you will be kept busy
Pros
Fast paced work
Cons
No full time
They really care about their employees more than parents. It is a superb working environment indeed. Once employed , always employed that is how special my job was. Working there was real gold to me I had this job and I felt rich now I have lost this job I feel poor forever. I really miss this job and all my loving friends who worked with me in Wilko. I never wanted to job to end but it sadly did.
Pros
free biscuits
Cons
repeative long hours
From the interview I knew I would enjoy working with Wilko. Brilliant management and staff. Made to feel welcome. Staff explain everything very well. Very helpful
Pros
Great training
Very easy going job, usually busy so have lots of things to do but not very stressful an environment. Employees only allowed to work part time with the occasional couple hours overtime.
Pros
Easy, not stressful, weekly pay, good team
Cons
Short shifts, low hours, barely any overtime, no career progression
They say its a family base company that is far from the truth. Your just a number to them and they couldn't care less about you or your health or wellbeing. All wilko care about it the money that goes in the bank
Pros
Good wage
Cons
Long hours understaffed workload impossible to achieve your always fighting a losing battle
Every day was a bit different.The customer demographic was lovely.Management was a bit out of touch with the younger part timers.Wonderful, colourful colleagues from all backgrounds.Holiday seasons were extremely busy but that's expected with retail.We would have workplace meals and celebrations.Typical day at work was just working on the tills, tidying up the shop floor and assisting customersThe hours were pretty flexible and worked around everyone's individual lifestyle.
Been working over 3 years and it's been a good little part time job. I work evenings as soon as the shop shuts. Stacking the shelves. Really relaxed and easy. Can get a bit boring if you work on the same section shift after shift but some people like having their own system. Nothing else really to add. It's the same every shift pretty much.
Pros
No customers
Cons
Repetitive
Loved working in wilko it was an amazing experience, very friendly stuff and management was good. The store was well organised and clean and everything about it was great.
Pros
20% discounts on everything
repetitive work that soon becomes boring.No support from above when you express issues.Briefly changed shifts (to help out) & was labeled a traitor.Catty back biting from colleagues if you have an opinion different to theirs.
I worked here for almost 3 years, it's been horrific, full of office politics, rife with abuse of the staff both customers and other staff members. The pay is terrible. The management and some staff members attack those with disabilities (like myself). Security is non existent half the time and if you don't "fit in" with their world views you quickly find yourself iether picked on or alone, an awful place.
Pros
Discount is 20%. We let dogs in st. Weekly payment.ore now.
Cons
Awful pay, They discriminate, Office politics, full of gossip, Loaded with ignorance (don't listen to their employees)
There are almost no benefits apart from a 20 percent discount card for the employees. The supervisors aren't interactive enough with the team members. If an employee is off sick due to coronavirus they only get one period off paid. The holiday scheme is an absolute joke. No holiday can be carried over even if you have not used any at all.
Pros
20 percent discount in store
Cons
Holiday scheme. Supervisors
I have put 20 years loyal service into working for this company and for what !! Over the years every little perk we had has been taken away ,the latest is sick pay in the middle of a pandemic,I hope that this time the workers stand together and put a stop to this,this company has no shame.
Pros
Nothing right now
Cons
Unpaid break, hot drinks taken away, useless senior ops and management
I started employment around September before Xmas session, I had a bit of training for a few days on tills and stock replenishment but then just got left to it. No professional training on phone's, online deliverys just an explanation. I could have had more support as a new employee working in retail as it isn't as easy as it looks from a customer point of view.
Pros
20% discount card
Cons
Inconsistent working hours and clicky management.
Worked as a customer service assistant, working early mornings as a merchandiser filling shelves & moving stock deliveries, also worked on tills serving customers & generally helping customers with their needs, loved the job immensely, great team of colleagues & management, useful staff discount card & bonus, opportunities to progress, my reason for leaving was job became too physically demanding for me & too many stairs to go up & down to staff room & shop floors which became difficult to handle.. But otherwise would of loved to still be there..
Pros
Friendly collegues, discount card, great working environment. Helping customers
Cons
Lots of stairs, early morning starts
Here at the Eccles Store most staff are lovely.Management on the other hand is a different story.Does not engage with staff and does not see what actually happens on the shop floor.To quick to discipline, bad behaviour.Would not recommend.
Pros
Some lovely staff
Cons
Poor management
Was a good company back in the day, now it's take, take, take, having taken all the benefits and rewards away, they have now decided to remove sick pay in the height of a global pandemic in which people are dying, and you are expected to work regardless, as the company has defined you as keyworkers!!!Also as from today you are not allowed a hot drink, they have taken those away too. Its a horrible company who prides itself on family values, when infact it has no morals whatsoever!!!Stay well clear!!!. This place will be gone soon!
Pros
Cons
Everything..
  1. Employee reviews