Williams Lea Tag

Williams Lea Tag Employee Reviews

I was in the company for just 6months So don't have to mutch to say long termBut in my short time working there I hadGood working relations with the other staffAnd customers.
Pros
It was a learning experience
Cons
Had no chance to settle into the position
I worked for williams lea tag in normanton and I can easily say it was my favourite job. I have friends and good memories after all so it was worth it.
i worked at WLT @ eversheds sutherland in Cardiff. THe team and the managers were brilliant. the only downside was that although you worked at eversheds on the same floor as their staff we didnt get the same treatment and benefits, ok we were included in most things but always made to feel slight outsiders.the actual WLT were amazing though as well as the eversheds managers on the floor, it was more like a family run business as everyone was so happy and friendly, i miss it a lot, but the wages werent great, minimum wage for the work we did didnt quite cut it
Pros
great team
Cons
no scope for development or promotion
Enjoyed my short stay as a temporary member of staff. Got on well with the full time staff and settled into a routine. Learning new skills and on the job training was very good.
Pros
Opportunities.
Cons
Location.
You work on a client site so it really depends on the client, I enjoyed my job and the team were good, management involvement it minimal. Pay isn’t amazing but it’s about average.
Pros
Good team
Cons
Pay
I worked at Williams Lea (Norwich) for a period of time compiling the information for the years editions for British Pharmacopoeia and the company is unwelcoming, has no sense of team spirit and they do not seem to want to harbour or nurture one either. Mind boggling as I'd recently worked for HPES who are the exact opposite. No one spoke to other teams or within their own team, projects were worked on as individuals. I don't rate it as a work place
With the exception of one or two executives, The board was very inexperienced and did not work well as a team. They lacked the ability to develop a cohesive strategy and as a consequence the entire organisation lacked direction - that together with an flawed understanding of customer focus lead to embarking on major contracts with negative margins. The sales teams lacked strong sales methodology therefore forecasts were often unreliable; investment in infastructure, it security, and technology in general had been avoided for many years leading to unreliable service to customers.
Pros
People on the ground were very hard working
Cons
Lack of a cohesive strategy
Obsessed with heirachy, there's no 'team'. People are treated as a number and discarded willynilly. Upper management pick on people intentionally to attempt to belittle them publically, whilst simultaneously having no clue about the jobs they are asking of people.Don't dare attempt to correct a manager else you could very well lose your job. That is unless you are best friends with said management, then you may sit and talk about reality television all day without risk of negative attention.
Pros
Flexible breaks, honor holiday requests
Cons
Disorganised, outdated technology, poor management, culture of bullying
Business is struggling and they are always making cut backs, especially with the staff. You will face redundancy at some point in your career at wlt. Management are poor and clearly have their favourites.
Pros
Good pay, long breaks
Cons
Poor management. Always making staff redundant
I really enjoyed Williams Lea. In the end I stayed for over 17 years. People are great, and management team are excellent. The people I worked with were loyal friendly and helpful. I don't have a bad word to say about Williams Lea at all.
I've spent nearly 5 years working with Williams Lea Tag, and I've learned quite a few skills to develop myself on a personal level. Built some very good working relationships. Easy to get to as well.
I enjoyed my time at Tag. The team was largely friendly and talented, and we enjoyed each other's company. But the offices were a little soulless, the general atmosphere uninspiring and the corporate spirit missing. Consequently, there was little cohesion as a team making it challenging to motivate people to act as a group. There was little desire to stand up and be counted and the work could be unambitious, people unwilling to step beyond their comfort zones, preferring a clean nose and a head down. This suits many people, so i won't knock it.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Lack of top-down ambition and pan-agency camaraderie
in the two years i worked for Williams lea tag i found management unhelpful, there was also lots of back biting going on between staff which management did not seem to care about, i regret joining this company.
Minimum wages but room to advance for the staff and a good set of benefits and opportunities. Works with staff to enhance their skills, mentoring available. Overall, a good place to work.
Don't be fooled by the good salary you earn while working here, its the only good thing about this job. The place is all about who you know not what you know or how good you are at your job. Its one rule for one and another for everybody else. Only way to get treated with some respect is to be a suck up to the supervisors, who treat people like dirt unless your in their inner circle.
Pros
good pay
Cons
lack of respect from supervisors
Reluctant to give permanent contracts. Two half years on a zero hour contract, however work 40 hours a wk. Managers don’t seem to understand the legalities of such contracts & unfortunately misinform employees.
A good company to work with, very professional. The co-workers are very helpful. The managers are very understanding in the work environment as well in certain private matters that affect our life on a daily basis.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No opportunities for progress
Very productive company to work for but due to size you did not feel part of a team, rather an extra which did not enhance relationships within the company
I would never recommend working for Williams lea in Peterborough. The workers are not respected by the management. People work there for over one or two years and are not given permanent positions. People are leaving this place constantly and there are plenty of new starters who have no access to the system and because of that people who work there longer are tired and frustrated. The management make you feel like useless workforce.They say that agency people can take 25 days of holiday and do not respect holiday rules which the agency workers apply to (2.5 days per month). Unprofessional people in management who have no experience with dealing with people. No progression and extremely low salary. Advantages: free coffee,tea and water- but believe me, it doesn't reward bad treatment and bad atmosphere at work so I don't really see any advantages. AVOID THIS PLACE !
I worked there short term to work on ppi. Management were very involved with day to day running of business. I only worked on a short term contract but it was enjoyable.
An atmosphere of do as i say, not as I do. Almost like a pyramid scheme. If you were in at the beginning you are treated different than a recent hire. Spent MANY MANY Hours doing nothing. Shambolic management team with absolutely no back bone.
  1. Employee reviews