Willis Towers Watson

Willis Towers Watson Employee Reviews

i enjoy working for WTW, the job can be quite fast paced and busy at times, but when it is quiet it is very draining waiting for calls. it is quite a target driven company which requires you to hit SLA's such as all calls being under 5 mins. i've made lots of friends at the company however and i have a clear balance between work and social life.
Work can be interesting but if you don't say no to work you will be drowning with no one to support you properly. Under resourced and work gets moved to the person who puts up the least resistance. Limited social activity now in the office but apparently this used to be different. Make all the right noises about work life balance but don't back it up. Expect regular 50 hour weeks, and pressure to take on more work.
Cons
Team made it so difficult and hard to work there, not welcoming or helpful, seemed to do a lot to actually make things difficult for you.No help or support from management. Left after a year as unemployment is better
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Bullying, kept as an outsider
Stuck up and stuffy company. I’ve worked for some super professional companies over the years and this sadly wasn’t of them. No one says hello or smiles and all so serious. I take my work seriously, but you can still have a personality, unfortunately most staff here didn’t.
Dystopia in Action. Liars and chancers. No morals or care for anybody. Ancient Technology Architecture for their Pensions Platform and a senior leadership team only focussed on reporting, but adding no value.
Pros
Location is nice and offices ae reasonable
Cons
Led by old-school Project Office Management and alleged Operations Governance. Cringe.
Willis Towers Watson's Ipswich office is a respected company in Suffolk and is a great stepping stone for future careers. Their training is solid and there is a fantastic apprenticeship programme. Traditionally renowned for its generous benefits, the company has, however, fallen behind is local competitors with cut backs and poor salary advances. There are too many middle managers, for example, which hinders growth for more junior positions. Senior management is very good with great vision although this rarely reaches the Ipswich office The Ipswich office is usually at the back of the queue when it comes to bonuses as well, as London is looked after first and Ipswich managers then have to split crumbs among their staff.
Pros
Mostly friendly colleagues, experience, technical ability
Cons
Salaries, internal career advancement, too many unnecessary middle managers
I really enjoyed working for them. It was a very good experience, latest technologies. I come from finance/banking background, so the daily rate is below my previous roles. Additionally the pandemic hit bad the company and they were cutting costs. Nevertheless the workplace and people make it a nice place to work. They are currently migrating to the cloud, however please note the old legacy applications using their infrastructure is very difficult to work with, a lot of levels of hierarchy and bureaucracy are required for even the smallest thing. Do not recommend working there if that't the case.
Pros
Nice offices, latest technologies (some parts)
Cons
Budget is low because of the pandemic, no job is secure at the moment there
The digital marketing department had a variety of software tools that were very advanced and I enjoyed learning to use them. The overall experience was really good, added new skills to my CV. Colleagues were friendly, the office very spacious and modern, and a proper coffee machine in the kitchen.
I've been working at WTW for a year and would say the quality of your job greatly varies on which team you are on. I enjoy the team I work on very much. But team Leaders have a lot of free reign on how they want to manage their team and what atmosphere they want to create and how strictly they enforce company rules. Their response to the COVID-19 crisis could have been better handled, they only started making everyone work from home once Lockdown started and they were forced to. And before this, it appeared to be different rules depending on who you head of admin was. Some teams had set up work from home very quickly, while other teams had little to no communication from the higher-ups on what was going on. A lot of people feel it has been made clear that their priority has been saving money and not their employees safety. The salary leaves a lot to be desired too, while the location isn't technically London, the rent prices are still very high and the salary for entry level employees will just about cover this.
Good people and nice environment however you are not rewarded for the effort and time you put into your work and often get overlooked by members of staff. It seems to be very one rule for one and another rule for others and the management definitely needs updated training. The salary is a big reason for the high turnover in administrators.
People are the best you can find with a good work place culture., full of respect and team work. The perks are really good, and the pay too. Only downside is the unmanageable volume of work.
I have worked in the Retirement team at the WTW Reigate office for just over ten years. In this time I have worked with some of the leading figures in the industry and have had the opportunity to be involved in cutting edge projects on some of the UK's largest schemes. The Reigate office has long-standing relationships with a large number of prestigious clients and so the client base provides a huge number of opportunities to colleagues. There are currently several initiatives underway which provide fair opportunities for all colleagues, such as ensuring that junior colleagues get a good spread of all types of work and also a good range of consulting opportunities. There's also a big movement encouraging the provision of more continual feedback, which I think is really valuable. Inclusion and Diversity and Wellness are also hot topics in the office at the moment, with lots being done in this area. If you are considering an actuarial career, I would highly recommend it - I don't think any other career gives such a diverse mix of technical work and consulting opportunities - explaining complex matters to clients who may not know much at all about pensions or who might be experts themselves. Our retirement business is thriving, with great plans for the future and our clients include pension schemes will are still open to new members and others with large numbers of active members who will still be receiving benefits in decades' times. The Reigate office is great, with open-plan hot-desking and an on-site canteen. We also have a dress-for-your-day policy, where you can - more...
Working at Willis Towers Watson has opened up my knowledge to computer skills and software. The company has been a great stepping stone into ‘office life’ and have found a bigger passion for working on teams in order to reach our daily targets. I have been able to be given to opportunity to work on admin reports and projects that are due on a short time scale, which have been stressful, but with time keeping and the support around me I manage to get the work out on time effectively.
Pros
felxable working
Cons
poor pay
An excellent company to work for. Staff are well looked after with respect to salary, pension and benefits. The culture at Willis Towers Watson is also great.
Good place to learn about pensions. Always lots of work. Third party provider so input from clients can be disruptive to daily tasks. Local management constrained by wider company policy.
High intensity and complicated work however it means you never get bored and the days fly by. good social culture and a great mixture between experienced individuals and young professionals
As my experience at Willis Towers Watson was not for long I enjoyed shadowing the staff there and found their work place culture was very professional.
My experience is based on trying to get regulatory change into the company and the balance between training staff and conducting business. Still 10 years behind insurers and banks to understand what is really required.
I have gained a great deal of experience over the last 15 years at Willis Towers Watson. No two days were the same. A typical day would consist of extensive diary management, travel and itineraries, visiting hotels, project management and company secretariat duties. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with people from across the globe.
Fast paced and a high performing organstion which was fun and challening to work in. Work was very varied and there was plenty of opportunities to not only broaden your experience and skillset but to grow your current level. Overall a great place to work.
Great worklife balance , great people to work with, and great culture. Nice offices in London , UK another international sites. I have had a good experience working for them and will go back again.