Willis Towers Watson
Happiness score is 54 out of 100

Willis Towers Watson Employee Reviews

United Kingdom93 reviews

Found 93 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,459 reviews

Although Im sure it differs, IT is a great place to work and be part of the team. The Management are fair and organised and communication was always good

Pros

Great environment

Cons

Uncertainty/job security

Needs to change fast

Three will be a new CEO soon and it can’t come soon enough. The company has stopped competing for decent salaries and now seeks non-financial means of compensation by trying to make employees feel warm about working at WTW. But it just doesn’t wash anymore. Not least because most of this happens through managers that have such limited flexibility to make real change, given the bureaucracy. And so everything becomes lip-service, promising ‘jam tomorrow’ in the hope that people will stay long enough to ride-out the current storm. Big change must come and the new CEO is as good a hope as there is, but it could be just too big a task for anyone.

Pros

It is a poor payer in a high-paying field

Cons

Inaction, bureaucracy, lost its way

Great work culture and people

I have been working at WTW for 3 years now in their retirement team. I would be lying if I said everything was perfect here as that is seldom possible. However I can comfortable say that I love coming into work on any given day. People that work with are some of the closest friends I have made during my time here. They are always more than happy to answer questions and help out where they can. The client base is top tier and I have had the opportunity to work with some interesting projects. The knowledge gained in the duration of my stay with WTW is immense and irreplaceable. The teams are collaborative in nature and it never feels as though you've been thrown in the deep end.

Pros

Great social scene after work

Cons

Can get a bit stressful during busy periods but that is always client dependant.

Terrible work cultureb

Worked on 3 different teams within 5 years and at all times, staff welfare was not considered. Deadlines are made more important at the expense of mental health and life priorities. As a company it is extremely understaffed meaning it’s difficult for the staff that are available to work to the hours stated in a contract. Face to face management was overwhelmed due to pressure from management higher up and so the culture and environment was quite difficult to work in.

Enjoyable place to work

My role is as a client-facing consultant and manager. I spend my days working on projects for various client teams, frequently attend client meetings and I manage more junior colleagues. I have also been involved in developing propositions.I have had opportunities to follow my interests, including a secondment to another department after qualification. I have worked with lots of different people in my time at the company, which has helped me to learn from their experiences and grow as a consultant.The culture is inclusive - I have a disability and the company were happy to make appropriate adjustments to my working arrangements. Management respond to feedback.As with any consulting environment, there are peaks and troughs in workload so sometimes you can get very busy.

Pros

Opportunities to follow your interests

Cons

Can be long hours sometimes

Great people and good variety

There are lots of great people to work with, it feels friendly and collaborative. There are plenty of opportunities to get involved in different projects, so especially early on in your career you can get experience in lots of different areas. As you work on several different clients/projects at a time, every day is different depending on which clients are active and what projects they have on the go. Usually you work with different people on different clients so you get to work with lots of different people.Local management are generally friendly and approachable and keen to listen to feedback.Hours can be long when projects are particularly busy but that's usually a short term thing.

Resources not people

Work can be interesting but if you don't say no to work you will be drowning with no one to support you properly. Under resourced and work gets moved to the person who puts up the least resistance. Limited social activity now in the office but apparently this used to be different. Make all the right noises about work life balance but don't back it up. Expect regular 50 hour weeks, and pressure to take on more work.

Cons

Poor management, actively bullying and management allows it

Team made it so difficult and hard to work there, not welcoming or helpful, seemed to do a lot to actually make things difficult for you.No help or support from management. Left after a year as unemployment is better

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Bullying, kept as an outsider

fun work place, slightly boring job

i enjoy working for WTW, the job can be quite fast paced and busy at times, but when it is quiet it is very draining waiting for calls. it is quite a target driven company which requires you to hit SLA's such as all calls being under 5 mins. i've made lots of friends at the company however and i have a clear balance between work and social life.

Very stuffy

Stuck up and stuffy company. I’ve worked for some super professional companies over the years and this sadly wasn’t of them. No one says hello or smiles and all so serious. I take my work seriously, but you can still have a personality, unfortunately most staff here didn’t.

Reactive anti-HR but HR-related company

Dystopia in Action. Liars and chancers. No morals or care for anybody. Ancient Technology Architecture for their Pensions Platform and a senior leadership team only focussed on reporting, but adding no value.

Pros

Location is nice and offices ae reasonable

Cons

Led by old-school Project Office Management and alleged Operations Governance. Cringe.

Analyst

Willis Towers Watson's Ipswich office is a respected company in Suffolk and is a great stepping stone for future careers. Their training is solid and there is a fantastic apprenticeship programme. Traditionally renowned for its generous benefits, the company has, however, fallen behind is local competitors with cut backs and poor salary advances. There are too many middle managers, for example, which hinders growth for more junior positions. Senior management is very good with great vision although this rarely reaches the Ipswich office The Ipswich office is usually at the back of the queue when it comes to bonuses as well, as London is looked after first and Ipswich managers then have to split crumbs among their staff.

Pros

Mostly friendly colleagues, experience, technical ability

Cons

Salaries, internal career advancement, too many unnecessary middle managers

I really enjoyed working for them. It was a very good experience, latest technologies. I come from finance/banking background, so the daily rate is below my previous roles. Additionally the pandemic hit bad the company and they were cutting costs. Nevertheless the workplace and people make it a nice place to work. They are currently migrating to the cloud, however please note the old legacy applications using their infrastructure is very difficult to work with, a lot of levels of hierarchy and bureaucracy are required for even the smallest thing. Do not recommend working there if that't the case.

Pros

Nice offices, latest technologies (some parts)

Cons

Budget is low because of the pandemic, no job is secure at the moment there

Good experience

The digital marketing department had a variety of software tools that were very advanced and I enjoyed learning to use them. The overall experience was really good, added new skills to my CV. Colleagues were friendly, the office very spacious and modern, and a proper coffee machine in the kitchen.

Productive and progressive and fun

Team were very helpful to new candidates and worked together, very well. Great opportunities for challenges and learning new skills. Managers were supportive to your progression. The culture was relaxed yet organised and we worked together well to achieve deadlines. The stuff were also fun and welcoming.

Experience varies team to team and salary could be better for location

I've been working at WTW for a year and would say the quality of your job greatly varies on which team you are on. I enjoy the team I work on very much. But team Leaders have a lot of free reign on how they want to manage their team and what atmosphere they want to create and how strictly they enforce company rules. Their response to the COVID-19 crisis could have been better handled, they only started making everyone work from home once Lockdown started and they were forced to. And before this, it appeared to be different rules depending on who you head of admin was. Some teams had set up work from home very quickly, while other teams had little to no communication from the higher-ups on what was going on. A lot of people feel it has been made clear that their priority has been saving money and not their employees safety. The salary leaves a lot to be desired too, while the location isn't technically London, the rent prices are still very high and the salary for entry level employees will just about cover this.

Nice environment but not paid well for the hours put in

Good people and nice environment however you are not rewarded for the effort and time you put into your work and often get overlooked by members of staff. It seems to be very one rule for one and another rule for others and the management definitely needs updated training. The salary is a big reason for the high turnover in administrators.

Great colleagues and workplace culture

People are the best you can find with a good work place culture., full of respect and team work. The perks are really good, and the pay too. Only downside is the unmanageable volume of work.

Excellent client base, loads of good management initiatives, opportunities to shine

I have worked in the Retirement team at the WTW Reigate office for just over ten years. In this time I have worked with some of the leading figures in the industry and have had the opportunity to be involved in cutting edge projects on some of the UK's largest schemes. The Reigate office has long-standing relationships with a large number of prestigious clients and so the client base provides a huge number of opportunities to colleagues. There are currently several initiatives underway which provide fair opportunities for all colleagues, such as ensuring that junior colleagues get a good spread of all types of work and also a good range of consulting opportunities. There's also a big movement encouraging the provision of more continual feedback, which I think is really valuable. Inclusion and Diversity and Wellness are also hot topics in the office at the moment, with lots being done in this area. If you are considering an actuarial career, I would highly recommend it - I don't think any other career gives such a diverse mix of technical work and consulting opportunities - explaining complex matters to clients who may not know much at all about pensions or who might be experts themselves. Our retirement business is thriving, with great plans for the future and our clients include pension schemes will are still open to new members and others with large numbers of active members who will still be receiving benefits in decades' times. The Reigate office is great, with open-plan hot-desking and an on-site canteen. We also have a dress-for-your-day policy, where you can -

An unfair company but a good steppng stone into office life

Working at Willis Towers Watson has opened up my knowledge to computer skills and software. The company has been a great stepping stone into ‘office life’ and have found a bigger passion for working on teams in order to reach our daily targets. I have been able to be given to opportunity to work on admin reports and projects that are due on a short time scale, which have been stressful, but with time keeping and the support around me I manage to get the work out on time effectively.

Pros

felxable working

Cons

poor pay

Excellent company

An excellent company to work for. Staff are well looked after with respect to salary, pension and benefits. The culture at Willis Towers Watson is also great.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Willis Towers Watson. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement