Wilson Vale Catering Ltd logo
Wilson Vale Catering Ltd

Wilson Vale Catering Ltd Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

productive, fast-paced & friendly

Food and sandwich preparation during the morning where the three sandwich options where decided between the head chef & I allowing innovative new ideas to be trialed. Friendly service during lunch hours welcoming customers, offering food and suggestions on what is on offer that day. Good teamwork and communication.

Sacked due to COVID

Feel I was sacked unfairly as had asked for time off during COVID lockdown for serious health condition, was not offered any support nor training to help me along.

Chef

Fantastic company to work for, spent 13 years there, and enjoyed every minute. Supportive owners and management. Very organised company. Would like to work for them again, given the opportunity.

Pros

Good management and pay

Cons

Terrible company with poor management

Worked too hard with inadequate training. Owners and relations run company with little care for the staff and a culture of trying to outdo one another with 'new' ideas.

Fantastic company to work for

I have worked for wilson vale twice and only left in the middle for promotion. Leaving to work for another company drove home just how good wilson vale is to work for. There food ethics and managerial support is second to none and there drive to always try new styles and adapt new food cultures is inspiring. Im hoping that our paths cross again in the future.

Bad Management, Cost over quality

I worked with Wilson vale for 10 months. I was treated very badly by colleagues and i didn't feel appreciated at all. I loved my role within the company and if i wasn't for the atmosphere i would have wanted to stay. The food was very much about cost over quality and sometimes i was genuinely embarrassed to serve the customers. Management were terrible. They made you feel bullied into doing enough work for 2 maybe 3 people on your own. The only positives were i worked with a lovely lady in front of house and the customers were very friendly.

Todo muy bien. Gente muy maja

Los mismos horarios con los mismos clientes asi que el trabajo era facil a diario

The motto it’s all about the chefs

Poor area mangers turn up don’t want to do any work sending picture to each other on WhatsApp. bully there managers expect you to work extra hours for free. Don’t look after the chefs very poor training courses which are not local and all after you have done a busy days work.

Not very good

Busy day Managers not listen No help at all Bullys

Pros

Getting paid

Cons

Chef manager and area manager don't listen to word you say

Nice place to work

It was a very safe and nice place to work with my coworkers. The company provide training and apprenticeship while I was working there and support me to improve in the customer service. I was always able to count on the management and support when it was needed. I found the hardest part of the job when I had to load the trolley with some cans and confectionery, and when we had to bring food out from the kitchen during the lunch service because it was very far from the service place. I loved to work with my colleges as a member of team and share our experiences.

Pros

we had free luch

Cons

no breakfast time

Jobs at Wilson Vale Catering Ltd

See more jobs

Abismal Management. Slave Labour.

Manager couldnt organise a p*** up at a Brewery. A lot of Bullying taking place by staff members. Management doesnt care who works needs cheap. ......

Pros

Cons

Manager is not fit for purpose.

Forward thinking supportive company

A great environment to work with constant staff development and training. Wilson Vale are a forward thinking company at the forefront of contract catering. We produce a top spec product daily and get to work with fresh local ingredients. The work life balance is great, especially for the catering industry.

Pros

Lunch on duty, social work hours, training and development

Ambiente lavorativo molto ben bilanciato

Qualità eguaglianza possibilità meritocrazia ben remunerato definirei così il lavoro nell azienda Wilson Vale

Pros

Buoni pasto

Cons

Pausa pranzo breve

Work colleagues were great

The place is a joke whole company has very poor leadership. Massive pressure placed on team. Company was out of its depth with this particular contract. Your pressed to have shorter breaks. Trying thier best to not provide food for breaks. They will expecf ypu to work over your hours gor free!

Pros

N/a

Cons

Bad mangers. Poor pay. Long hours

professional workforce, dynamic growing

Requires creativity and loads of initiative. I have learned about operations ,finance and management. Friendly workplace. in mamagement the hardest part is to please everyone and it is the most rewarding too.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

evenings and overtime

overall a great place to work

I really enjoy my job at Wilson Vale. I work with a great team and have learned a lot here. I am leaving as i feel there's no career progression here for me.

Pros

great team

Friendly and supportive company

I would 100% recommend Wilson Vale as a place to work. I currently work in the head office at Ashby de la Zouch and am very happy here. The company are supportive, friend and fun. The team at Wilson Vale are all lovely and make it a great place to work.

producive

I learn new foods and recipe's each day, I make up the prep for the chefs or myself. I enjoy working with customers and there clients, I would like the opportunity to learn new things and gain new skills.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

paying for parking

Fun work place

Fun to work for. Come along way because of Wilson Vale. Always using fresh ingredients a very good company to work for.

it used to be fun

day starts at7am from then busy all day the manager is very nice co workers are fine except one who is a bit lazy the hardest part is trying to get everthing done on my own as well as serving the best part is customers having a bit of banter with them as i get on well with them

Pros

we can have free lunch

Cons

there used to be 3 outfront but as they left were never replaced