Win at Retail Ltd logo
Win at Retail Ltd

Win at Retail Ltd Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

easy and good salary

The job was easy just handing out leaflets and the salary was great. Did not really have any contact with the management. The hardest part was being on your feet for 6 hours. The worst thing was not much hours.

17 February 2020
Hi,Thanks for the feedback. Management are always on hand to support where needed but it sounds as if you did well an no real contact was needed on the job. Sometimes the hours can be long, hopefully you take your full (paid!) lunch entitlement of 30 minutes? Hours are on a casual basis so are very much dependent on the needs of our clients, as well as your availability. Hopefully we will have some more work in your area soon!Thanks, Win at Retail

Zero Hours

Typical day's work: going into store, training staff, selling things to customers and carrying out audits. You talk to management by phone, email and WhatsApp.

17 February 2020
Hi, This is an accurate representation of some of the things we do at Win at Retail and the way in which we work. The work is generally offered on a casual basis so hours are dependent on the needs of our clients. I'd welcome the opportunity to discuss further if you could call the office or email in as I'm not too sure of the reason for an only one star review.Thanks, Win at Retail

Would highly recommend...

Always work available, Great Communication. Staff at the office are very quick to respond and are always there to support. I would recommend this company to any Promo Staff looking for varied roles.

Varied, flexible & interesting

The flexibility of work is great as I don't have to accept work if I have other commitments so can work around my studies. I've worked on multiple campaigns promoting, selling and training and really enjoy the varied nature of the work. The pay is generally fair for the work carried out and the office and on hand to help if there are any issues.

Interesting work

Leafletting and merchandising role. Sporadic work which is unfortunate. Expenses have to be haggled particularly for distant roles that involve long drives. Can be a long time from period worked until payment but payment always on time and in full. Invoiced, self employed position. May require working in inclement weather. Clients generally lovely people.

Pros

Fun public facing role. Reasonable rates of pay, paid monthly by invoice. Expenses.

Cons

Can involve wet or cold days outside for several hours.

Late pay and no apology

Issues with payment: their payroll department told me that I hadn't sent an invoice before their deadline. Considering that emails have clear dates on them, this was a lie. I immediately forwarded them my original email that proved i had not missed the deadline. Several phone calls, emails and weeks later, I finally got paid - they accepted they were in the wrong in doing so, but I didn't receive an apology for their mistake. Issues with work: Work involves flyering and promotional work. At first, I wasn't told that i'd be required to wear a 'flag bag'. They paid me ÂŁ10 more for the humiliation.

8 October 2019
Hi, Sorry to hear you've had a negative experience with the pay system. As you suggest we do have a cut off date of the 17th of each month for payment to be made on the following pay date which is always the 1st. With regards to wearing a 'Flag Pack' this is essentially a back pack with a small flag. This should usually be agreed with the client and yourself prior to booking the shift and we advise contacting the office if the client request anything outside of the brief we send via email. Thanks, Win at Retail

Lovely company to work for

Really friendly great at finding shifts for you, always paid on time too (after sending invoice to them) As a self employed person already this is great for earning that extra cash. Interview was by phone and they were so helpful getting started.

Terrible pay system

They have a terrible pay system that would never pay you on time! Sometimes they forget to include the invoices that you have sent them and they would not reply if you send them emails. Their invoicing department is completely different from their main recruitment department. What's worse is that they have no communication between each other. So if you ever have a problem then you can only email the invoicing team. No number, no address, just an EMAIL!! WHICH THEY DON'T EVEN REPLY TO IF THEY FEEL LIKE. When you ask the recruitmen team that can you please help me, the invoicing team is not replying, they just say we are a different department. They absolutely don't care about us who put in the effort. Which I find so weird !

Pros

None at all

Cons

Hypocrisy at its peak

8 October 2019
Hi,Payment operates on a monthly basis with a cut off date for invoices to be submitted due to the majority of work we offer being on a Self Employed basis. I'm sorry to hear you have had a negative experience and understand this has now been resolved. The Payroll and Recruitment department are of course separate however all data is submitted by our Operations team to Payroll each month for reconciliation against invoices received. Thanks, Win at Retail

Absolutely NOT a win for employees

You give out leaflets In the high street that’s the job. You’ve got no rota. You’ve got no job security. You’ve got no idea of when the next shift could be. You fill in a form to get paid. You the. Have to fight and battle with head off who are rude and unfair. A manager won’t help you they’ll just hang up on you. You’ll receive nasty emails from them and you’ll have to fight to just get a wage one you worked for. Overall don’t waist your time. You’ll have to ring the company and demand payment or take legal action. Unfortunately they just don’t want to pay you. They look down on you.

Pros

N/a

Cons

The company is a con. Nasty management. Terrible teams.

8 October 2019
Hi, You are correct that one of the many roles we can offer is Street Marketing which involves either distributing materials such as leaflets or goody bags or booking appointments through an iPad or similar tablet for one of our clients. Work is offered on an as and when basis meaning we contact you when work is available, similar to a zero hours contract but working on a self employed basis meaning an invoice must be completed each month to claim payment for services. I'm not sure of the issues you have encountered with HO but can assure you payment will be made for any services subject to an invoice being received which is a process we have for over 200 agents each month. Thanks, Win at Retail

Terrible!

Absolute shambolic of a company! Would not recommend working for this place, you won't get paid and the lines are always closed. Very angry/upset, would keep well away from WinatRetail!

Pros

Leaving

8 October 2019
Hi,Office hours are 8am - 6pm Monday to Friday and you can also reach our dedicated Ops team at weekends - We are of the opinion that if we have someone out working on our behalf someone from Head Office should be contactable if need be!Payment is made monthly and an invoice will need to be submitted due to the work being offered on a self employed basis. For more information on this please don't hesitate to contact us directly. Thanks, Win at Retail

Fun workplace

A typical day at work involves handing leaflets out. fit's a fairly easy job, and their nice people to work for. The hardest part of the job, is being on your feet all the while, and being outside in all weathers. The most enjoyable part of the job, is meeting people.

Pros

Easy job to do.

Cons

Not regular work, suitable as an extra income.

Ok but you will be dealing with automatons

Reasonable amount of work but pay is on strict monthly basis so work done in December was paid 1st February. You'll never get a straight answer from the staff. They will negotiate expenses if the distance is excessive. You will need a fully functioning smart phone and knowledge of all sorts of apps. Work is fun and not particularly long hours or difficult. Mostly handing out leaflets or promotional merchandise. If you can't handle being ignored or rejected by the public it may get you down. A positive, laugh at everything attitude is best. Some assignments were for rude and grouchy clients. Best laugh them off, don't let them drag you into their gloomy world. If you can find fun in random encounters on streets or shop fronts you'll love the work.

Pros

Fun, well paid, late starts & early finish.

Cons

Slow pay system, though reliable, some grouchy clients and lots of odd public.

Amazing Company to work for

A great company to work for. My duties included cleaning my work station, engaging with customers to inform them about products and advise them on anything else they needed. Checking the stock count of products, within that store and making regular reports to Win at Retail about the activity in my day.

Pros

1 hour Lunch Break

Absolute joke

Management? Reliability? Communication? Do they know what it is? Don’t work here unless you question your self worth and sanity. They don’t have a clue.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

The above

Awful Management.

They refused to pay me for work that I had done, there was little to no training available. They breached employee rights laws by calling me 7 times on a non work day then called my next of kin, threatening that if I did not call them back they would not pay me. Refusal to send over my employment contract. Numerous times they called me a liar.

Pros

Expenses Paid

Cons

Terrible communication and management

A win with win

A great company to work for with great management and knowledgeable staff training and expertise within varied luxury brands within varied stores promoting there products and philosophy is just a joy

• Win at Retail Ltd