Wincanton Ltd

Wincanton Ltd Employee Reviews

United Kingdom896 reviews

canteendriverwarehouselorrycontractpickingprogressionpattern

Difficult company for progression

Such a difficult place to gain recognition and approval. Very much a culture of “your in a queue “ for Amy job that you apply for. Senior management have favourites and it’s very much a man’s world within the work place and woman are not treat fairly at all. There is no consistency between managers and if your not a favourite then you’ve very little chance of any progression

wagon and drag driver class 1

Good place to work if your a worker left alone to get on must be forward thinking good hrs on the construction side of company good money to be earned

Insights into Wincanton Ltd

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues

Unorganised and under managed

I worked a mid shift 2pm-10pm (2-6 basic pay) and (6-10 premium/night pay) I only ever got paid 75% day pay and 25% night pay. I was under paid and over worked. I needed time off for a driving course I booked 3 weeks in advance and was declined. I spoke to the planning team and management and I was refused the days off needed. I asked to get my days switched around but they still wouldn’t help. So I quit my job there.

Hygiene

Sometimes approached me by shouting over the warehouse noise instead of coming to us and talking calmly and collectively. The job role of hygiene is always pushed to the bottom because they only care about performances and that meant i was easily replaceable.

Difficult hardwork

Like all current companies they are struggling to hire and retane staff. Agency workers are the order of the day and are of poor quality. Refusal to accept the labour crisis and increase wages will surely cost them contracts in the future.

Pros

Good gym

Cons

Politics

Good company

Enjoy working from home office facilities aren't greatgood team to work with, very supportiveFun events when we go to them

Pros

Wfh

Cons

Office could be better

Boring place to work

If you want a job where you don’t know what you’re doing from one day to the next and are not trained properly then this is the job for you. There is no leadership whatsoever in this place, you ask something and they will respond with “Leave it with me” and that’s the last you hear of it because it won’t get done. You spend most of your time chasing them up and even then you won’t know anything. It’s a waste of space and the Pay is poor for the work they expect from you.

Used to be great!

This company used to be great to work for but it has gone down hill incredibly quickly!! We aren’t supported within your role. We’re underpaid and we’re treated poorly.

I worked for this company during the pandemic

Minimal support from management Too many early starts (04.30)Disaplinaries for anything & everything Their pandemic system was a joke (to say the least)Hired & fired dailyNot a good company (in my opinion)

Average at best.

Felt more like a number than a colleague. The culture was very unsupportive with a high turnover of senior and middle management. Would not recommend the company but to be fair was 11 years ago so much may have changed.

Worst place to work

The place is a joke the mangers if u can even call them that are unprofessional and do not care about u or your health once u are out on that road u are just a number

Cons

Good work culture with proper cantine on site.

I worked there as a picker at Kettering warehouse once waiting to complete my class 1 driving course. Overall is a huge warehouse with loads of new people passing through every day. They do pay for week training so best way is to contact them and see for yourself. It is daunting job due to it's nature with possibility to participate in other than picking tasks and you can go to be trained on reach trucks if that is something you would be interested in.

Don’t do it

Horrible environment if your face doesn’t fit you will be made to feel very unwelcome.Management couldn’t manage wind They change the shift patterns on a whim leaving lots of resentment.The hardest part of the job is all the idiots The most enjoyable part of the job is leaving.

Reason for leaving

Only reason I left was delivering to general public and there home's mostly ok except for the few who where after something for nothing and liers had to leave as they where getting to me and came close to lashing out no good for me or wincanton

Pros

Left to do your job

Cons

Public

Productive work place and good payment.

Chiller area is a good option in these horrible hot days. Very good discounts in our work shop. People from different countries and different cultures.Working here since they opened. It’s my second home.

Managed by monkeys

Easiest job in the world, dire management!It will take many many months to get uniform if at all!If you report problems they might look into it within a few months.People have been hired during interview who turned up in tracksuit. Zero stands.No praise for good hard work!They are concerned at every tiny petty thing you do and will raise it!Most staff are friendly, plenty of back stabbers tho.

Pros

It's a job and wage

Cons

Most things

Avoid like the plague

Most off the managers was nice and easy to work with unlike the other managers that I won’t mention names are horrible if you have any health issues and are struggling they will get rid off you and if you argue back about this then they will put formal complaints in but the agency I was working for M4 I would recommend 110% did absolutely everything to help me out and take care of me just Wincanton that don’t care

Logistics and HR

The work is fast paced and very generalistic in HR good all round experience for anyone wanting to learn HR being on a site would be great experience.

Good place to work if not with d&d

Wincanton itself is a really good company too work for with them giving lots of opportunities, d&d on the other hand has been nothing but trouble been with the agency for over 6 months and on the odd occasion been paid correctly, finished my contract at the end of last month and I’m still waiting for holidays that are owed too me to be paid out, they say ‘we will never leave you short’ but that’s all they do because they are a poorly ran company and have no interest in resolving any issues you have regarding wages, the on-site staff help as much as they can but the d&d staff behind the scenes are the ones causing trouble across the warehouse with missing wages and missing holidays whilst they get treated too work benifits in there little office, WOULD NOT RECOMMEND!

Horrible place to work

I've worked here for almost 6 years and it was great until this last year. They no longer care about their staff. We are treated like numbers and work dogs that are all replaceable. High pick rate that is not doable unless you break your back for it. And it's going up again. They say they care and have things in place for mental health but they are adding to it. Most of the staff want or are leaving. I went for a welfare as I was struggling with my mental health and the answer they gave was either go on sick or leave the job. If I could give half I star I would. Horrible company!!

Pros

Friendly shop floor staff. Good pay.

Cons

Office staff are jot good. Long days

Good

Work hard and get treated fairly. Worked in worse places , keep your head down and it is a decent place to work. No chance of progressing higher than a warehouse op

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wincanton Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement