Wincanton Ltd

• Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues

Fast paced work

People get treated like numbers. Cold conditions due to the doors left open specially the winter. Managers dont appreciate your work.. In short poorly managed. Pay not good enough should be time and a half on a sixth shift and double on 7th shift and bank holidays instead get paid time and quater on bank holidays and on 7th shift.. Lazy employees and hard workers get the same treatment.. Not the best place for good workers. Only one 30 mins break.

Pros

Friendly people

Cons

No straight shifts, no value for people, no good pay

Employee at Wincanton for 16 years.

While not too quickly you will get opportunity's to been trained and develop a career in logistics if your a"good" employee.Like most work places you are expected to earn your wages and everyone from warehouse ops to management can be under pressure but its the nature of the job.Pay and benefits and flexibility are good in my opinion.

Pros

Good pay fair rota.

Cons

Hours can be unsociable but it's due to logistics not because its deliberate.

Like family business

I would like to work here because our management lesson according to our requirements and helping us and make changes where required.they are very flexible with there staff.

good

not bad it has a lot oaf driving and time is very important however you are able to be by yourself and no pressure. Good pay and they come correct with pay.

I was on bricks delivering to building sites and they can be a bit hard to get in and out of a site

You will already have the days work, you get that around midday for the next day. if you have the time you can pre load and head off towards delivery. all sites and collection sites usually close around 5 so you are done at a reasonable time and most don't reopen before 7 so your not pushed long into the night or into silly o clock starts.its a good job

Pros

Parking everywhere and a meal allowance

Cons

tricky building sites

Good place to work, friendly workforce

Good working environment, staff are a friendly bunch. Work life balance good, and the firm values family. Career progression is there if you want it. I would recommend working here.

Pros

Staff

Cons

Weekend working

Would not recommend long term

Good pay, but the management is terrible and there's no room for progression. I'd only recommend working here if it's to get you by rather than make a living.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Terrible managment

Good salary but heavy work. Numbers game

Working as warehouse operative from last 2 years. It was enjoyable in start because new warehouse building, less workers, health and safety. Now no safety, promotion to specific community. No equal treat. Hard and heavy work. High productivity demand. Overcrowded in night.

Pros

Discounted canteen, free uniform

Cons

Not treated equal by management, no promotion for foreigners, heavy, highly productivity demand which impossible

Poor place to work

The best thing about this job was the people I worked with. However when things started to go wrong it made the place unbearable to works. I would not recommend- pay was below average for our area - 4 on 4 off wasn’t worth it as you were knackered on your days off or carrying injuries because of the job you was doing. Some FLMs just expected you to do more and more and more which was not possible. We also had to eat our food and sit out in a freezing cold warehouse on our breaks.

Cons

Long hours, poor pay, no canteen, no benefits

Great company

Good company to work for all health and saftey is a major with them. The wage could be better but all they have great staff and colleagues. Always on the ball and has everything in place for saftey of its staff.

A decent job, made infinitely harder by incompetent management

The job itself is just fine, but every facet of it is made so much more stressful and frustrating by the laughably poor management.If you actually care about doing a good job and want recognition for it, don't bother.

Pros

Reasonable money available with little experience

Cons

Treated like garbage on a daily basis

Horrible morals and ethics

The management have very poor communication and have no sense of sympathy to people. You are treated like a robot. Toilet breaks are timed and a team leader took photos of people understalls. Stay away from here

Pros

50p yum yums

Cons

Horrible management

Poor place to work

You aren't advancing unless you are all buddy buddy with management by basically licking their behind, most of them useless as only there as as filler and background to see like 'a proper management scructure'

Pros

Know hours and leave at end of day

Cons

Everything else

Bad sistem

At beginning of the contract was fine. After 2 years many things was changed in bad.They want more work from people and they pay less then other warehouses.

Pros

Break time payd

Cons

Big target

You’re just a number, avoid at all costs

Poor warehouse even poorer management, welcome to wincanton, a place where you will never be paid correctly and then when you try to rectify this you will be made to wait and wait while the bone idle management team take 3 weeks to sort this out while playing funny buggers with you the whole time. You’ll never have the same members of staff for longer than a week or two as even the operatives see what a sh*tshow this place is after a couple days, most things are broken most of the time so every job is made that little bit harder, shutter doors, reach trucks you name it, if you need it it’s probably broken.

Pros

Cons

The whole place is a con

Dressed down in Watton

Administration support role. I am in the call centre though I am on the administration team. It's a noisy environment as everyone around me is on the phone all day. I work through suspended orders and try to locate stock and rebook deliveries. It's quite boring and confusing as everyone tells you something different.

Pros

No dress code. Some nice friendly people.

Cons

Team leaders can be weird. Low pay.

Enjoyed being part of a large company

I worked via an employment agency for this company and was well trained for making outbound calls to customers about their furniture deliveries. The hours that I worked were 8am till 4.30 pm with half an hour for lunch and two 15 minute breaks away from the computer one in the morning and the other in the afternoon. The permanent staff have the option of homeworking.All of the staff were friendly and helpful. I left because I was worried about catching Covid in the call centre whilst I waited for my booster jab as cases had spiked in the area and am a chronic asthmatic. Sadly as I was with an agency I did not qualify for home working or I would still be there. Hope this helps.

Pros

Free parking, good rest facillities

Cons

Not being able to work from home as a temporary member of staff

Hard work , but good atmosphere.

I really enjoyed my time at Wincanton, came at the right time for me, job was hard work , but I felt empowered , and appreciated. I was promoted in my first week! I also gained promotion to a management position after a couple of years .

Pros

Good opportunities for progression.

Cons

Unsociable hours

No Job Satisfaction

If you are more than happy to go to work to get paid then this would be the job for you but if you look for a sense of achievement within the work you do look elsewhere. Very poor work culture.

Pros

Cons

Too many to list

Like a prison camp

It's an easy job but the shifts are terrible doing 2 weeks on earlys and 2 weeks on afternoons which of you have a family you don't really see them when your on afternoons. Trying to get time off is never easy even when it's really important. I did 15 months during pandemic as it literally paid the bills but my mental health suffered massively.

Pros

Its a job

Cons

Better jobs out there

Former employee

Rate of pay has increased only took 10 years. family life balance is shocking .management is appalling if you make a mistake you are treated like a criminal . No trust whatsoever, if you work as an agency driver you are better off than a core driver .rates of pay have increased due to the lack of drivers staying at there job .worst place I have ever worked at.not recommended for married people or drivers with dependent children. Transport office is a complete waste of time and effort.

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wincanton Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9