Wincanton Ltd
View all Wincanton Ltd reviews

Wincanton Ltd

Wincanton Ltd Employee Review

Unorganised and under managed

I worked a mid shift 2pm-10pm (2-6 basic pay) and (6-10 premium/night pay) I only ever got paid 75% day pay and 25% night pay. I was under paid and over worked. I needed time off for a driving course I booked 3 weeks in advance and was declined. I spoke to the planning team and management and I was refused the days off needed. I asked to get my days switched around but they still wouldn’t help. So I quit my job there.

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same role

Was decent

Decent place to work, managers try to make sure you get the job done efficiently and quickly. Most people are down to earth so you can get along well with others.
Same role

Poorly organised and a Toxic environment to work in.

The job itself is fairly easy and straightforward, typical warehouse jobs such as picking, loading and receiving goods in. However, there are a lot of factors that really bring the place down. Management is ridiculously disorganised, any time you wish to query your pay (which is frequently under what it should be) nothing will come of it, occasionally managers will get annoyed with you submitting the forms. There are a few good hard workers, but there are many arrogant and rude people who go out of their way to long jobs out because they think they’re better than you and as a result, this affects most aspects of the job especially night shift and transport. Favouritism is a forte here, if you’re pals with the managers you will get zero punishment when you have done wrong and be free to do nothing and waste the day. They constantly toot the “training/progression” trumpet yet only have one MHE trainer on site, most of your training will simply involve signing a piece of paper and off you go. I have asked for a first aider position before and been told “we can’t have too many” despite nobody on night shift being a trained first aider. Porters are subject to poorly planned routes with drops miles between each other, 7.5t vehicles are occasionally not even loaded in drop order so you have that to contend with on top of the rest. HGV drivers from other sites will be waiting for ridiculous amounts of time for their trailers to be tipped and the warehouse couldn’t give a care in the world that you needed to be at MK at 2pm and it’s now 3pm.There is also a culture of -

Pros

Straightforward work

Cons

Long hours with manual work and no appreciation, disorganised, poor attitude from most staff
Same location

Excellent job

Great company to work for very good pay and work life balance, I was on the sainsburys contract, had 4 on 4 off and 4 on 3 offs, very easy work. Only 1 or 2 store delivery’s in a shift. Given risk assessments so don’t need to worry about parking

Pros

Pay, easy work, 4 on 4 off

Cons

Can’t think of any

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wincanton Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Wincanton Ltd with

Learn about Wincanton Ltd in popular locations

• Wincanton Ltd
  • Unorganised and under managed
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?