Wirral University Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust logo
Wirral University Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

Wirral University Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

Productive, fast paced

A typical day would be answering phone calls, checking patients in for their appointments, requesting casenotes for the nurses clinics. I also made appointments for the following month.

Lovely place to work

Amazing wonderful supporting trust to work for caring and compassionate shifts are busy but opportunities are always available to develop your career.busy wards but caring staff

Bullying culture

I have worked here for years and have experienced first hand how bad the bullying culture is within this Trust. The bullys get promoted and the bullied staff members get belittled and moved on.

horrible place to work. lots of bullying. very clicky.

senior staff are horrible. no support, favourites get promoted. rubbish shifts if you arent a favourite. never enough staff. management and HR are rubbish. very stressful and unpleasant work enviroment. dont think about promotion unless youre a yes person. a and e is THE worst place towork!

Pros

none!

Cons

nhs pension scheme

Good place to work, some problems with certain members of staff (management) otherwise a nice place to work. Good stable reputable secure job. Job for life really.

not a nice workplace

This is not a great place to work at all, In the radiology department I have been treated unfairly since I started, they have favourites in the workplace, the holidays are shocking we have to book so far in advance I don't even know what holidays I want to book by the time the annual leave needs to be requested by! The management is terrible they didn't even know my contract and they did not treat me how I should of been treated and I had to train myself how to do the job most of the time. They are very biast, it is one rule for one and one for another, there is no teamwork, everyone is in it for themselves and you can't trust no one! The pay is good if it is right! which most of the time mine was wrong.

Pros

Breaks and lunch. Pay(if its right) and overtime

Cons

Poor management, bullying in the workplace.

Good pay but don't be off sick!!

As stated above good pay and good work colleagues. Well done if you manage to get an experienced manager but most of these managers haven't got a Clue they have favorites as you'll find out because your annual leave with be denied and you'll get the rubbish Shifts! Hr don't care either! As long as your not off sick or have mental health problems they won't get involved, all in all a good place to work for if you are of sound mind and are willing to work with a foot hanging off!

Pros

Pay! Friends!

Cons

Pen pushers! Incompetent managers! Hr!

Good health organisation

i find this a good organisation to work for and be part of. It offers a good pension scheme. The only thing is I don’t find it very family friendly now I have a baby

Pros

Good pension

Cons

Not very family friendly

Stressful working environment

Management do not manage stressed staff very well. No support and the no bullying in the workplace does not follow through to the ground floor staff.

Pros

Easy to get to

Cons

Bullying in work place

Highly supportive and nurturing setting for pupils.

Wirral Hospital School is a vital setting for pupils with mental health issues. The workplace is vibrant and productive and staff work hard to provide an empathetic environment whilst ensuring the academic progress of pupils. I gained invaluable experience in my 6 years as Head of Art and truly enjoyed working for the school.

Jobs at Wirral University Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

See more jobs

staff are nice but there are a few that let the side down.

a few "know it all HCA's" and snotty staff nurses. department don't really interact but as long as you stay to one place you'll be fine. always paid on time.

Highly rewarding

Great place to work on a one to one basis with a variety of students with individual needs. Great pastoral support offered to students alongside preparing them for working life.

Challenging fast paced working environment

This is my full time role where myself and 5 others manage the Phlebotomy Service Department at Wirral University Teaching Hospital. My days can be very different from working in the community to a hospital setting. I deal with patients and staff on a daily basis any thing from booking appointments or advising my team on HR related issues. The most enjoyable yet challenging part is being around patients. I have gained great time management skills, I thrive on challenges and solving problems.

Pros

flexibility and role variety

Cons

Some situations we deal with an be quite upsetting.

Well focused positive place to work

Opportunity for self development and becoming part of a focused creative team Supported by policy and well being philosophy Strong leadership and opportunity

Pros

Strong leadership opportunity for development

Cons

Increasing pressures or health service

Busy place with a lot of work.

I am picking up shifts in the hospital doing mainly nights and frequently being on so called special duty keeping an eye on chalenging patients as one to one. generally I am glad of this job however sometimes it is troublesome.

Pros

A lot of shifts available, acceptable rate of payment

Cons

frequent understaffing, the need of tracking payment

Productive and non-stop workplace

On the whole a good place to work. As you'd expect for a hospital it is always non-stop. Never a dull moment.