Wm Morrisons Supermarkets

Wm Morrisons Supermarkets Employee Reviews

Found 4,904 reviews matching the search
I found the company went to great length to keep me informed about activities and changes to the business also l feel that they were listening to the staff and their opinions which helped me feel involved.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Shifts flexible over 7days
Willow Green - DCOn interview was told a days position was available at a rate of pay of ÂŁ10.03 p/hOn offer of employment was told days wasn't available but late shift was (3pm-11pm)On 2nd shift I reviewed my offer of contract and noticed rate of pay was ÂŁ9.35. Queried this and was told I'd been misinformed in my interview. (Fun fact supermarket staff are all on over ÂŁ10 p/h) So from days to nights to incorrect pay I wasn't off to a good working relationship with the company. In fact I was so annoyed of all the inconsistencies I decided not to sign the contract and left.It would be great if the correct information was available throughout the process but it seems there are many middle players and information is mis interpreted and passed on incorrectly.Another factor to look into is why are shop staff getting ÂŁ10 p/h and warehouse staff ÂŁ9.35. I know you'll have to work extremely hard through your whole shift at inconvenient hrs of the day for a very low wage. Supermarket staff get to sit at tills, chat to customers and have a pretty nice day. Warehouse work is fast paced, boring, no time to chat and stressful. The structure needs looking at.. maybe procedures too!
Pros
Canteen, staff discount
Cons
Poor wages, communication
Managed by jumped up little people who thought they knew what they were doing - high turnover of staff due to the way staff are treated - just don’t work there please please please
Pros
Cons
Eveything
Worked for this company for 17 years but left of my own accordYou may say you don’t stay that long if that bad?Well I was home at some point in 24 hrs Decent Trucks but don’t be fooledOutrageous shift start and finish times (Confusing wether you were days or nights)Often overlapping without the shift premium don’t look at the hourly rate through Rose tinted specsCheckout the lack of weekend and bank holiday payments missingTransport Clerks often ex drivers who where the laziest men ever to wear safety boots whoBecome the most un realistic and incompetent schedulers Yes it was a means to an end. But the terms and conditions just got diluted down and downPlus point discount card to use in stores That’s if you can bear to hand your money back at till
Pros
Secure work if you are prepared to accept the diluted contracts
Cons
Anti Social Hours poor work life balance. Culture that YOU are lucky to work for them
Very hard work at times, it’s good to work in as many different departments as you can get trained for as you get to know more staff members.Petrol station and checkouts are definitely the easier departments.
Pros
Free hot drinks
Cons
Don’t do school hours anymore
Wouldn't recommend. Can't trust noone. Manager is just i big child who throws temper tantrums if things don't go his way. Staff rota is just a joke. Can't do decent hours. U have to be fully flex. Staff have no loyalty and the goals to achieve are unrealistic.
Pros
brown nose management will get you places and pay is ok
Cons
99% of the job
Staff are rude, bullied at work, many issues go ignored by management. No work life balance always expected to work because of sick calls, always given the shifts nobody wants, work every Friday Saturday and Sunday all of the late shifts.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, weekends, lates.
The store I work in has a toxic environment with staff constantly slagging off about each other, management don’t care at all about any issues you may have, staff are not backed up by their managers if there is a customer issue, the shop it’s self is under staffed yet management just like more on to the staff that are there which turns even more toxic, unless your face fits and you say yes to every thing and don’t have your own opinion you will not get any where in terms of promotions, there’s many more issues but I’m loosing the will to carry on writing
Pros
The exit
Cons
The entrance
I was promised a permanent position when I started but after a few months was dropped along with 12 others due to 'underfunding'. Wasn't even told until a few days before Christmas, which had me in tears. Management are bad and training was absolutely awful - shoved onto a computer for a few days then dropped into the thick of it without being shown what to do or anything.
Pros
Cons
Management, communication, no respect for staff
Honestly disgusting how they treat their staff! Lack of support if struggling, negative office environment, no sympathy for mental health issues - always felt disposable, no job security or incentivesJust don't apply with this company because they don't care about their staff at all
Pros
Cons
Rude customers, no support, bad staff culture, lack of training
I was hired as a cafe manager and after a week from joining with no notice or training I was told that I would be moving to a new store to become a bakery, meat and fish manager with absolutely no training, I had to go and ask the butcher's everytime I needed to understand something about the morissons systems witch made me feel very stressed and embarrassed, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
Cons
No training
Poor management, ignorant people, not capable & poor personal skills, lack of working equipment & poor work ethic, alone a lot of the time, favoured shifts for certain staff
Pros
Cons
Management quality
They do not give you the hours promised and you can’t live on the low wages . They have their favourites and the management don’t have a clue how to run the operation. They are far too young
Pros
Cons
Many
I was working in Morrisons for 4 month, the salary was good enough, however I left this business due to overworking and high pressure. This is because there are not enough staff in the shop, which leaded to me (help desk employee) working at the checkout for 90% of my duty. Which then placed a lot of pressure from customers which were unhappy with the checkout time.
Pros
Good salary and Health and safety
Cons
Not enough staff
Constantly working under pressure, doing 5 peoples jobs. Barely any training provided. Management and other colleagues do not respect their teams, especially if you’re woman!
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No respect
worked for Morrisons for just over a year & a half now as part of the home delivery team. my team leaders & our store manager are incredibly friendly and have helped me in times of need they are very approachable even if at first I was a little afraid of them. Only issues I have had are the number of violations of health & safety law within the store for example a number of the times all 3 fire escapes from the warehouse have been blocked by either containers of stock or home delivery carts left by pickers, both full pallets of stock & stacks of empty pallets balanced unevenly on the end of a reach truck, cardboard containers & plastic pallet wrap left all over floors and sometimes even spillages have been left uncleaned without hazard signs. sometimes it does feel like there are too many people being packed into such small areas with no physically way of being able to social distance whilst doing their job too many things not taken into account by management that need to be addressed.
Pros
salary
Cons
too many health & safety violations, no ability to carry out social distancing laws, bakery items never available when needed by home delivery.
There’s a culture of bringing in young people. Flog them. Then replace them. In years gone by Morrison’s was a good place to work. They paid you enhancements if you were loyal, now they’ve been stripped. The company wants part time contracts doing full time hours. Good for them, not for you. Less sick pay. Less holiday pay. Less benefits. The title of this review says it all. Morrison’s, a good place to shop, a really stressful unpleasant place to work. You’ll wake up one day feeling disillusioned and wondering where it all went wrong. My advice.. don’t do it.
Pros
15% staff discount
Cons
Management breathing down your neck ever second your clocked on.
A great place to work with friendly staff, free parking and a very nice subsidised staff canteen, uniform supplied and safety shoes Ppe if needed. There is a one team atmosphere And everyone pulls together when needed
Pros
Discount card
Cons
Late nights
Very poor management at Sutton store , the line manager can barely speak proper English ,and the duty manager is very unprofessional ,I regret meeting them
Cons
The managers at Morrisons are very money focused, obviously, but this can be unfortunate for the lower-level workers. They expect a lot of work but you're often left understaffed, overworked, and with late product delivery. However, having friendly colleagues is what has kept me at this company for this long. Management are also NOT interested in helping you advance your career with training or extending your contracted hours unless they are pushed to do so by head office. I'd recommend Morrisons as a part-time job for students or anyone interested in just making a little extra cash, but due to the resistance to issue out full-time contracts and help their employees progress, I wouldn't look to Morrisons for a career unless you plan on going through Morrison's university training programme.(They're also inflexible on work hours, and even when only working 10 hours a week they'll still double you up - give you a late shift and an early shift the next day so you can't get a full nights sleep.)
Pros
Friendly colleagues, friendly customers
Cons
Sometimes tedious work, ungenerous management
Worked here for 2 years.Wasn’t terrible but wasn’t great.Management wasn’t great.Colleagues made the job bearable.Very cliquey.They advertise for internal vacancies, interview for it, offer you the job and then 2 months later tell you they made a mistake and the vacancy is no longer available so you’re stuck in the same position.
Pros
Colleagues, discounts
Cons
Long hours, poor management, cliquey and toxic environment