Wm Morrisons Supermarkets

Wm Morrisons Supermarkets Employee Reviews

Found 4,932 reviews matching the search
Worked for the company for 15 years, a lot of changes over the time. It’s fast paced,and people work as a team. The store is open long hrs , so various shifts are expected but it worked for me around my childcare needs working hrs in the evening and weekends. Some members of the same family work in the store but are on separate depts to ensure fair working practices are followed. A lot of long service in the store so people must be happy working there or would not stay.
Pros
Hrly rate, discount cards
Cons
Pace is not for everyone
Great place to work, great training, very well paid, super colleagues, I would recommend to everyone if you get the chance to work for this company, take it.
Pros
Subsidised meals, Holiday pay, sick pay, many other
Cons
Hours can change
The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting and helping the customers. Most difficult part of the job not enough contracted hours for me personally, and not enough extra hours (no way near).
Pros
Staff discount and pension.
Cons
My contracted hours is not enough.
a typical day at morrisons would be helping customers with anything they need, helping them through self scan ( only if your 18) and keeping your work area tidy. I learned that you need to have a lot of patients with customers especially when they are getting angry or frustrated. the management is ok, i worked there for just over a year and half and had 3 different managers. it made everything confusing and shifts where all over the place for some of us.
Team work a joke...no training... Management have no personal skills. You are expected to just know. If you question anything it's classed as negative.
Cons
Morrison’s was a good place to work for and I will probably go back there One day. But as a baker you need to be multiskilled and be able to think on your own
Pros
The bonuses
Cons
You have to be willing to change your shifts
Leaving was the best decision I ever made. Worst place I have worked, very high rate of work stress/anxiety related sickness and a very high staff turnover rate. You will feel like nothing more than a number. You will be extremely understaffed every shift but still expected to get the work of 3+ people done yourself, if you don't manage that you will be penalised. Senior management are bullies who are happy to treat members of staff worse than something they have picked off their shoe. The claim you have your rota weeks in advance, I was lucky if I got my rota more than a few days in advance. They employ you to work on a certain department and will change this as and when they please with no notice. They change your agreed shifts with less than a days notice. They will get you to cover departments that require food hygiene certificates when you do not have them and require you to perform tasks and use equipment you have not been trained to use. If you enjoy a work life balance and value your own wellbeing I do not advise working for this company.
Pros
Above minimum wage
Cons
Everything else
I worked at Morrison's for 3 years and had to leave for a few reasons. If you are a student be prepared that management will put you on Sunday shifts and late evening shifts. Overall it wasn't a hard job and the pay was amazing. However I was often placed on shifts where I had lessons and had to often ask for my shifts to be changed. As a student, I was definitely placed on shifts that no one wanted to work. They are a very fast paced job but don't expect loads of praise as you'd often be rushed off your feet and forgotten about. Good first job.
Pros
Good canteen and good pay
Cons
No set shifts, often change
Was working there for 10 years, was ok at the start but about 5 years in managers changed a lot of staff left and never got replaced. A lot of pressure on the staff members sometimes we had to watch over 3 departments, then there’s angry customers and managers who will discipline you not taking into consideration you’re watching over 3 departments!!! Hours are not the best unless you’re the managers or their “favourite” the you get cushy shifts
Pros
Non
Cons
No help
Morrisons used to be a great place to work but its going down hill rapidly. Make you work over your contracted hours without asking you if you want the hours never mind asking you if its ok for you to do them. Then when your used to getting overtime they decide to increase company pay to ÂŁ10 an hour therefore cutting you down to contract hours not caring a bit if you can afford to pay your bills etc.. Best part of job going home.
Pros
15% discount
Cons
Expected to much in an environment that could potentially be dangerous in a kitchen,not very friendly staff member not understanding and refuse to help one another
Pros
Customers were lovely
Cons
Stressful, underpayed for the amount of work expected
It’s a lovely place to work, all of the staff are friendly and it’s very enjoyable serving the customers and satisfying work.I would recommend working there.
Pros
Staff discount and lovely latte
Cons
None that I can think of
I enjoyed my time as a Home Delivery Driver there and staff were pretty much ok. However the salary was really poor due to the low hours and I could not simply afford to live on the wage.They gave all the overtime to their friends and favourites - as it’s run by young people who haven’t a clue about life. And although it’s a good culture to work in, the people who own the company clearly don’t care a lot about your cost of living. Xmas was the worst time as my hours were vastly reduced. I was financially pushed out of the door!
Pros
Own boss when out of the depot
Cons
Unsociable hours but monthly wage not liveable due to cut hours.
Morrisons have no interest in their staff unless you are in a clique. They will not make reasonable adjustments to your working day if you require them, to continue doing your job. Constantly changing shifts without asking or telling you. You have to swipe in and out with a certain time and if you are early or late, no matter the reason, a black mark goes against your name. Nothing positive to say about my time there
Pros
You get paid
Cons
Management, last minute rota changes, lack of respect, care and compassion for staff
I love my job but finding it harder and harder to do. Not enough till staff given to you to cover any shifts. Always having to pull staff from other departments. Has a knock on effect. Moral among staff is not good at the moment. It's a shame because since I joined the company the staff on the ship floor are like one big happy family.
Pros
No free lunches but we do get a free hot drink ( which I know that I have had in any other job)
A very fast and busy workplace. Not treated as an individual. Quite often left to your own devices regarding training. To exceed and progress you are expected to work over your hours without any extra pay, swap your shifts for the needs of the business. Although I worked for the company under Safeways and the Morrisons the job became more and more stressful as the years went on. If just taking a colleague role your hours may not be fixed days each week, but you are less likely to be overworked. When reaching Management level your work/ home life balance is very much diminished to the extent that you can be married to the job.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Long hours, not fixed days, cannot plan your life week to week
I was on checkouts , always had queues , no back up , people moaned all the time about the queues !! Nobody ever did anything about it Management were worse than useless , disappeared at the first sign of trouble .. only looked out for themselves The rest of the staff on checkouts were nice , but no time for any chatting , always had your head down .. the hardest part was feeling under pressure all the time , ended up quite stressed out
Pros
None, other than clocking off
Cons
Very stressful shifts
I was only there for Christmas but it is one of the best places I have ever worked in. A great manager and everyone friendly and helpful. Staff are very well looked after.
Pros
Lots
Cons
Having to leave
Would be great, however great improvement s needed. Team leaders need more experience and knowledge on their practices and what is more important within their roles
Pros
Discount
Cons
Long hours with no drinks
Have worked for morrisons for nearly a year which started as temporary, and I progressed through the departments. The management are amazing. Five out of Five stars.
Pros
Free hot drinks.
Cons
Rota can sometimes change at very short notice
They treat you like a 16 year old working the weekend and no way out of it, stuck in a job and don’t like it if you try to leave. No one there to tell you what to do or if you start something else someone finds you and sets you an unrealistic goal
Pros
Free coffee