WOLDINGHAM SCHOOL

WOLDINGHAM SCHOOL Employee Reviews

Insights into WOLDINGHAM SCHOOL

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Supportive environment
  • Inclusive work environment

Racist and sexist

My experience was especially traumatic. The IT team were extremely sexist, constantly degrading women, burping and farting in the office and constantly made jokes about foreigners needing to back to their own country. This was especially worrying, as this is a girls secondary school not a pub. I found a blog online from one of the teachers writing fantasy fiction about a teacher falling in love with a student. I mentioned this to my manager as I felt this was clearly inappropriate and it was brushed under the carpet. Eventually, I was removed from the team for “being difficult” when all I did was keep my feelings hidden out of fear. All I did was pretend and try and go along with “the guys” and the moment I spoke up and did the right thing, I was wrongfully exterminated. Please be weary.

Pros

The kids are wonderful, smart and kind.

Cons

Racist and sexist staff

Support staff role.

I was in the support team at Woldingham and very much enjoyed it.Woldingham School is set in beautiful grounds and you are encouraged to take pride in this. There are some weird and wonderful characters and a varied workday at times. The school will look after you if you work hard and are very good with personal issues arising.I used the gym and was welcomed to sporting events with the teaching staff.Work was hard and at times more work then time allowed but management are supportive and in the end we had a laugh while working.

Pros

Free Lunches. Good Hours. Supportive atmosphere.

Cons

Hard Work - must be physically able.

Very disjointed with no real plan for future

Poor management. No respect from management no clear direction spend most of time fire fighting issues that should not arrise with sensible planning . Very little respect towards all staff a very two tiered staffing culture

Pros

Free lunches

Great School

Head of art for 25 years . Have just retired having loved it. Prior to that I taught art in London at various schools. Great art department with a fine art ethos. Thought of highly by Edexel .Life drawing taught twice a week and excellent facilities.

Pros

Free lunches & great school

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WOLDINGHAM SCHOOL. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5Job security/advancement

WOLDINGHAM SCHOOL Reviews by Location

• WOLDINGHAM SCHOOL
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?