Wood

Wood Employee Reviews

For the most part there is a team effort but there is also the undertone of job insecurity you may find yourself paid off after every trip or contract, almost impossible to build up service with this company.
Pros
Time at home
Cons
The threat of unemployment
Worked here for 7 years and had one ‘promotion’ which was actually just them making a group of positions redundant to send to India to do instead remotely, I was one of the lucky few to get the new positions on offer after being put at risk of redundancy. Fast forward a couple years and another round of redundancies when the contract I was on went out to tender, that meant everyone on all contracts were put at risk of redundancy, meaning you had to prove you were better than the person(s) you were up against to take there job, very cut throat, luckily I was retained. Fast forward to the pandemic and more rounds of redundancies again because they were making positions redundant this time across various disciplines, instead replacing with people from India to do the work remotely because they were cheaper (not better), as a result I did not survive and was made redundant. This company only cares about the bottom line profit, they will not think twice about making you redundant if you don’t fit in whatever new business model they employ, definitely one to avoid unless you like the stress of not knowing how safe your job is.
Pros
Private healthcare, Dental and Pension
Cons
Profit before people and job security is questionable even as staff, They want the cheapest people not the best to do the work
Long hours for minimal appreciation- expected to cancel holidays within 4 hours notice or risk loosing job.A lot of cliques: friends all working together and making problems for outsiders taking jobs that someone they know had applied for.Very immature workforce as a result of clearing out experienced teamsShame as this could be a great company if the politics are addressed.
Pros
Some good people
Cons
Long hours, politics, favouritism
Great management , always supporting the workforce and supervision.High safety culture and committed HSE team on hand .Praise good work and keeping to time scales
Pros
Cons
Nome
The level of backstabbing by so called colleagues is unbeleivable, once the colleagues know you are a threat to their jobs they commence to lie about you to their superiors who soak it all in and keep the personel who stitch their colleagues.
Cons
Cons
Backstabbing and lies being told about superior colleagues
It was always going to be that dream of working offshore came true. But a marriage and four beautiful children came first. 2011 is when my offshore journey began and although a cliche of that said duck being coupled with water, it was so much more than anything I had ever felt before. The attraction was electric and so everyday spent on an offshore rotation seemed like summer fog drifting effortlessly across the sky.
Pros
Professional Company to Work for
Cons
Loyalty, Having the or a voice and using it to support colleagues to save unemployment.
If it wasn't for the strange world we live in now with COVID the company wouldn't be restructuring and my job would not be disappearing . I have worked there for 26 years and enjoy my job I am sad to be going. Its a good company to work for who looks after you.
After 18 months of working there and no formal training I was made redundant over the phone the day after my final shift of the week. Absolutely clueless on how to run a company, zero management skill throughout the company. No uniform provided either, getting ppe was a nightmare only 1 pair of boots in 18 months!
Pros
Salary was mid range for role
Cons
Culture built on lies and deceit
the best place to work. Highly professional and job progression is available with opportunities to work on different clients projects. Fantastic work
Pros
Career progression
Cons
stability highly depends in oil price
Very caring management in all aspects Looks after you if you are sick Caring from low grade up to top grade Health and safety compliant Provides training As a contractor treated just like an employee so caring for your well being
Fantastic colleagues within IT, but limited career advancement and professional development within IT. Given the breadth and scope of the IT function, and it's global reach, there should be limitless potential for any IT person, but unfotunately that is not the case. I put this down to the culture and direction set by senior management.
Pros
Good benefits and great work life balance
Cons
Limited career advancement and professional development within IT
The work culture in Wood has been very friendly, but at the same time very professional. I have worked in Wood group for almost 13 years and i enjoyed every bit of it.
Wood operates in a number of different markets, oil and gas, operations, maintenance and renewable / technology. Work can be office-based or site or offshore-based. The workplace and the managers are progressive and ambitious for Company success. The Oil and Gas and engineering support industry is competitive and the Company has to be adaptive and flexible to be at the forefront. Great people work there with a great work ethic.
If you are Not one off them you get held back and get all the bad jobs .just saying it as it is would not recommend it to anyone that was not a Rangers fan
Pros
Cons
The lot off management are cons
Great to work for. Opportunities for progression if that is what you want. Rewarding. Also good benefits and there is also flexible working. Would recommend.
Manage team, review reports, BD work - proposals , calls, client meetings, budget and project review meetings. Still an Oil and Gas services company but trying to move to new areas of business..
No management feedback loads of paper work to sign just to cover their backs. So many things overlooked and nothing really done to help with daily activities so I would only suggest working for this company as last resort.
Lots of international travel and quality assignments. lots of customer facing roles in highly regulated industries. Passion for collaborative working.
I enjoyed working at wood and done a variety of different jobs training and up date of skill are second to none just passed my 18th Edition BS 7671 witch they put me through for which I am great full
I do find not just with wood but they still favour people should be on a first on the board get the job they fit, Ok to work for when you get a job to helping friends with work.
Decent place to work although to many risks of redundancy when work goes slack. More work for office and design teams than men on the ground although well paid and challenging work and good variety.
  1. Employee reviews