Woodbury Park Hotel & Golf Club

Woodbury Park Hotel & Golf Club Employee Reviews

United Kingdom10 reviews

Not a great place to work

Not a great place to work, the staff and management are cliquey. Unfortunately they don't value good members of staff and almost always made me work ridiculous hours so I barely had time to sleep. I was encouraged not to take breaks on my 8 hour shift and was often left alone in the building at night. Had to mention that I wasn't getting breaks to a manager for me to actually get cover for my breaks, and they seemed annoyed that I asked. If you're looking to apply here, just make sure you know what your getting yourself into.

Pros

Free membership

Cons

Do not look after staff

Official response from Woodbury Park Hotel & Golf Club

18 May 2021
Thank you for sharing your personal feedback and sorry that you have resorted to this negative approach. Whilst we differ in opinion, I would like to reiterate that you never worked longer than your contracted hours, and you also received your break, at times I do understand this could have been challenging. We wish you all the best with your new employers.

Productive and fun workplace

Organisation by management was hit and miss so prepare to use last minute initiative to get by. - Made it challenging and learnt a lot more due to faults of the place ironically.

Senior Management have no idea

Would never advise anyone to work here. Minimum wage paid but expect maximum effort and more. Senior management don't listen to the ground floor staff. Too many people sat in offices thinking that they are better than everyone else. If you're offered salary you end up doing on average between 10-20 hours extra unpaid, your told this will be paid but accounts dept ignore it, when you raise concerns your ignored The

Absolutely disgusting place to work

I worked there for a period of time then because of my children and me missing them so much they threatened me with the police to remove me just because I wanted to go back to my kids DONT EVER WORK FOR THIS COMPANY and the live in accommodation u have to go through a muddy track to get to work

Night porter

My son got taken into hospital and the manager made me choose between my son or my job. Guess what I choose my son as he needed me especially as he has high autism. What a joke. It's s shame as the staff there are very friendly and made me feel welcome.

Run!

Everything about this place screams for help. The kitchen equipments are old and half of it is broken, weak and incompetent management, who couldn't organise a night out in a brewery. No overtime paid, no tips shared.

Pros

You have a job, i guess..

Cons

Find a new one!

Kitchen Porter

This is a junk company. If you choose the acomodation you need to cross over the night the golf field. No acces to the bus. Only one free meal during the day. And that is a sandwich. The program is starting at 11am and it is finish at 11pm.

Good atmosphere

Management were good they listen to their employees. Hours are long put thats what you can expect in the catering & hospitality trade. Free meals on shift but chefs don't get any tips which was advertised.

Ambiance sympathique dans une situation delicate

Cet hotel a ete mis en vente depuis fevrier 2014 et d' un point de vue professionnel, il etait difficile de planifier et budgeter a long terme. Toutes les missions etaient donc faites au coup par coup. Ceci etant dit l' ambiance etaient tres agreable et mes collegues de des differents departements tres solidaires les un des autres.

Pros

liberte d' expression quant aux differentes missions.

Cons

navigation a l' aveugle due a la situation de mis en vente

Fun, enjoyable workplace

A Great place to work, lots of kind and nice people. Great benefits depending on what department you work in. Good pay and good shift work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Woodbury Park Hotel & Golf Club. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.3