Woodland Group

Working at Woodland Group: 34 Woodland Group Reviews

United Kingdom34 reviews

paygoodmanagementworkstaffwoodlandtimeyear

Friendly place to work

Great team and lovely people, some things could be improved pay, progression paths, communication etc Good introductory company into the career of freight forwarding.

Relaxed workplace with lovely colleagues

Very relaxed environment, fair managers, lovely co-workers. Standard hours and fair pay, opportunity to progress within the company is more than encouraged.

Insights into Woodland Group

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Trust in colleagues

Avoid dewsbury

First of all be aware of the clique they make you feel like an outsider that includes the other driver who won't even look in your direction. Then get ready for the 2 to 3 phone calls every day where are you how long you going to be then there's endless trailer swaps. I lasted 7 days

Pros

Going home at night

Cons

Arriving in the morning

A company who put their people first

I’ve been at Woodland now for 18 years and wake up every day excited for the challenge ahead of me, the management team have create an environment where every staff member matters & has a voice.Here’s to another 18 years! Thank you Woodland.

Pros

Management Team, company culture & values (they don’t just follow generic ones)

We have home/office working, regular pay reviews and the people are really friendly. You have to work hard, but I'd always rather be busy than bored.

Not a good job

Easy work .long hours .treat you like a child money’s not bad when they pay you keep an eye on your overtime wages are often wrong.in a nut shell go somewhere else if you got a brain.

Pros

Easy work

Cons

Everything else

Very fun experiences

I had worked for Barnsley depot, so no any ideas about others, good units( you keep one , no need take your gear home), wonderful management ( really can resolve an issue). Paid parking and depots through country to park up safe . If you working hard you are getting paid for, not the top rates but nearly. They always try be good for you. Left them due new place with walking distance from home (had travelled 82 miles)

Pros

£30.00 nights out, own unit, easy work .

Cons

Messy yard

Welcoming & Progressive

If you are an enthusiastic individual with a passion for the supply chain & logistics industry then Woodland is the company to work for.Plenty of opportunities to succeed and progress. The company itself pushes for growth year on year. There is a real buzz around the facilities and teams.

Pros

Plenty of opportunities to succeed and progress.

Reach driver

Very poor management some people do all the job in warehouse and other people just chill out and when the job is done they just send agency people home without pay .. poor place to work for.

Part time

Worked part time (weekends) tupied over from company worked for 15 years plusWorked pt still on weekends until work dried up , never heard anything fir months of them till p60 came through postManagement a jokePay was always wrongAvoid

Discriminating

Worked for 1 day followed orders mentioned about some task aren’t ok to do they didn’t listen the task went wrong ho is to blame me so I was not needed next working day. They have really high expectations but they don’t see the common sense in the one that is working. It’s ashame, anyway that’s my point of view but be aware.

Pros

Breaks, facilities

Cons

Environment

Shocking

Steer clear of this company a complete joke and very poor HR, do not I repeat do not seek employment with this company , to say there slack is an understatement

Woodland

Always max out your hours ask you to get unrealistic jobs done ie get to places telling you goods are waiting but when you get there as quickly as possible the collection is not even available for collection then expect you to get 3/4 up country with goods to tip in unrealistic times I think that they thought you had a jet fighter no just a truck......

Pros

Money good

Cons

Max out your hours

Dont go there

If you don't like your driving licence and do want to work 18 hour days go over your hours all the time, then work there good luck with the licence though

Pros

Good pay

Cons

75 hours week

Progressive company

I've worked for Woodland for a number of years and I have been really impressed by how they have handled the work from the home strategy. Even though apart from my colleagues I still feel part of a team and we have regular calls and team meetings.The CEO has hosted live video events to inform everyone of business developments as well as weekly updates on our intranet.Before lockdown, the company provided many social opportunities outside of work and I have made good friends here. I am looking forward to a return to normal!

Pros

good management and communication, opportunity to develop and have input into processes

Ask questions and ask for development

There are many opportunities within Woodland. You will need to be careful when it comes to progressing in your career, there are a lot of employees who have been at the company for years, and really have their foot through the door. Should you wish to develop make yourself stand out, ask questions and don't be afraid to say what you think

Pros

You get a perkbox account, with basic discounts and a ride to work scheme

Cons

Not all staff are fully experienced, seniority is handed out, instead of offered out through interview process.

Great Company to work for

I joined Woodland Group in 1998 and 22 years later I am still extremely happy in my role within the organisation. It is a great company to work for, strong beliefs and core values which are enhanced by the family run culture that flows through the business. I have the fortunate position to engage with most, if not all offices and departments within Woodland and it is great to see the opportunities being created and the internal progression of a high number of colleagues.

Very Happy Here

I have been working for Woodland Group for around 10 months now and I cannot praise the company enough! For me, one of the key benefits is that I am trusted to do the job I was hired to do. I am not micromanaged, and I am treated like a professional who can manage my own work load. I’m fortunate that I work closely with a lot of staff from across a lot of different areas of the business and I have found each and every one of them to be professional and extremely friendly. Whichever office/site/warehouse/country I visit, the team are always great. Everyone I have met cares about the job they do and the difference they make in the company, regardless of job title or rank. A lot of my colleagues have worked here for many, many years, and whilst some departments do have a slightly higher turnover, this tends to be in teams/job roles where this is somewhat expected. During recent months (Lockdown) the company has been extremely supportive and helped everyone who has the ability to work from home to do so. The CEO has given everyone weekly updates throughout lockdown via our company Intranet and a number of senior team members have presented companywide update video calls, where staff are actively encouraged to ask questions…and they give us honest answers! These have been open and available to everyone whether they were still based in the office/warehouse, working from home, or on leave. I would say that no company is perfect, and of course there are improvements that could be made. There is plenty of room for additional training and communication across different -

Pros

Trust from senior team, Work/life balance, Visible and friendly CEO, Supportive Managers, Invest in Training and Development, Room to advance your career, Competitive pay

Cons

Not a nice place to work.

You wouldn't even know coronavirus was going on in that place, no signs on walls all floor, no hand sanitisers anywhere, staff rude, physically demanding at times.

Pros

No weekend work

Cons

Rude memebers of their staff

– 13 July 2020
We have conducted a full Risk Assessment of all our sites and can confirm that appropriate signage, PPE and distancing measures are in place. Our priority is to protect all of our employees during this difficult time and if you would like to share more specific information that will help us investigate any issues, please email us in confidence at: hr@woodlandgroup.com.

Don’t work there

Management can’t handle the work load and push everything onto other members of staff and give no thanks or special benefits for doing so Overtime rate is very poor but management near enough bully you into it

– 13 July 2020
We are sorry that your experience of working at Woodland was a negative one. We have a large number of long serving and loyal employees who are happy in their roles, so feedback like this is very disappointing. If you would like us to investigate any specific incidents in more detail, please email us at: hr@woodlandgroup.com

NIce place to work

Good place to work, they reward good performance and results and there are a lot of social get togethers. I think the negative reviews on here are from people who have been let go with good reason.

Pros

Great socially

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Woodland Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Woodland Group with

• Woodland Group
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?