Worcestershire Acute Hospitals NHS Trust

Insights into Worcestershire Acute Hospitals NHS Trust

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Support from manager
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Fast paced and intense

I’ve worked at Worcester Hospital in the Renal Department for just over a year and have to say I’ve found the experience very intense and quite stressful. I would say that I have a health condition which hasn’t made things easier so the hospital hasn’t necessarily been at fault.

Pros

Job security

Cons

Stressful

Good working envirioment

Enjoyed the variety of work practice and comraderie amongst most.of theatre colleagues .there was some position status recognition and authority was thrived upon and showed at times .but overall a good mix and positve instructional assistance was seen .

Pros

Free uniforms (scrubs) tea coffee.etc

Something new every day

Depending on where your working, staff members often move in clicks which sometimes creates a bad working atmosphere. Especially as a young person, lots of nurses talk down to you when giving instructions. There's lots to learn with regards to knowledge and systems which is hard at first but once you learn bits you feel more confident like you would in any job role. Patients are the most enjoyable part of the job.

Cons

Expectations

Not a nice place to work overall

Unnecessary competition Unprofessional behaviour Stressful due to mistrust Favouritism throughout poor management in general leading to staff members feeling isolated

Poor

Poor horrible management treated unfairly loved the patients wish their staff would have been better equipped for new staff and a fresh new mind Would have liked to see better run wards and more factual reasons as to why they are poorly run staff and management

I enjoyed working at the hospital

To care for patients and make sure all their needs were met. Help with meal assistance and hygiene needs. To escort patients to appointments. I could also take bloods from patients.

Fun workplace

Job was fun as the role was not patient facing, able to work in a supportive team.

nder valuded

typical day - depressing learnt - a great deal regarding medical terminology & medical conditions management - needs work workplace culture - stressed not enough staff hardest part of job - connecting with manager as she was also a member of the clinical staff Easiest - connecting with patients & family

struggling environment

Real problem with management.Over worked.Lazy staff.No team work.Pleasant environment however. Nice canteen an other facilities Going home best thing

Pros

Nicer environment than city hospitals

Cons

Bad management

Busy ,provides learning enviroment

Patient mostly happy with the care provided which could be improved even by sufffient staffing level, staffing has reduced and sometime compromise especially in winter when more patients are expected.rest of facilities are good .

Pros

Long holidays

Cons

Short staffed

Good

Good place to work lots of training provided flexibility with childcare could be improved not always enough staff on shift at a time and short of time to provide sufficient care for patients

Challenging but rewarding job role

The NHS is a very rewarding business to work in but some aspects can be quite challenging due to there being deadlines on tasks. The most difficult part of the job can be the pressure we are under to complete tasks to ensure everything runs smoothly.

Pros

Good benefits, solid contract hours, professional relationships

Cons

Added pressure, loss of jobs

can be rewarding

It can be a very rewarding job at times. All members of staff in different departments work so hard to enable patients are well looked after and are seen by the right person.

Pros

parking

Cons

frustrating at times

Productive but chaotic at times.

The hospital is understaffed so it can be a little chaotic but otherwise it is a good working environment. The volunteer coordinator is very helpful and you ca work as little or as much as you like.

Busy Data Entry Assistant

While working within the Hospital I was first for a week working on the Physiotherapy Department on reception, signing patients in for their appointments, booking new appointments, answering the telephone. After the first week I was moved to Occupational Therapy department where my main job was Date Entry, I also answered the phones and taking messages for the Personal Secretary for the Occupational Therapy Manager. Taking tea and coffee orders from delegates for meetings, photocopying, filing and other jobs for other departments

Shiftwork

Worked shifts for nearly eleven yrs, nights, lates, mornings and day shift, dept always short staffed, too little rest time between shifts. My body could not take the lack of sleep.

Excellent Learning Opportunities

A typical day at work involved carrying out initial interviews, including risk assessments, collaborating aims and goals with service users, treatment planning and evaluation. Whilst on placement, I had gained the opportunity to develop my skills within a range of areas, such as; carrying out initial assessments, collaborating aims and goals with service users, treatment planning and when liaising with Multi Disciplinary Team. No issues were identified with the management within the trust I thought that the trust could have improved on their ability to employ a mixture of individuals from different cultural back grounds. I thought that the hardest part of the job was having to cope with the demands of my hours of work as I had to commute 5 days a week from a long distance.. I enjoyed meeting different patients form all walks of life and found it rewarding when I was able to apply the skill I had gained whilst contributing towards, making a difference within individual lives.

Pros

Excellent learning opportunities.

Cons

Having to commute from a far distance and poor bus route.

has great potential

the staff are wonderful here, they are under extreme pressures and are working hard to achieve care for their local population. Once the senior executives are appointed im sure this hospital begin delivering the key targets

Pros

great staff

A changing environment

Historically this trust has had its share of bad press and sometimes rightly so. But changes are happening now that are making this organisation an enjoyable place to work. New ideas and innovative ways of working are now encouraged. New initiatives to allow staff on the ground to really have their say, are happening. I have been here for a year and I am thoroughly enjoying this challenging role. The team are great and management are supportive and engaging.

Pros

Good holidays

Cons

Parking spaces are in short supply

Not for me- long mixed shifts- no life outside of work

The shift work was not for me. There was no set pattern or rota, could not plan for events/ days off etc. The staff team were nice.

Pros

Guaranteed income

Cons

Shift work with no set pattern

difficult and unenjoyable

I didn't enjoy my time working on the wards, It was very heavy and had no management support from the band 8. It was incredibly stressful and no thought was given to the "shop floor staff

Pros

Cons

long hours, heavy work, no support

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Worcestershire Acute Hospitals NHS Trust. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement