Worcestershire County Council
View all Worcestershire County Council reviews

Worcestershire County Council

Worcestershire County Council Employee Review

Poorly managed

I was left to work out my induction myself, no training plan. No time allotted for training so still expected to complete daily tasks and training in the same time period. No building fire safety induction carried out. Staff have a telltale culture and if your face doesn't fit, you're completely unable to succeed. Management clueless, no support from them. Cannot recommend at all. Everything is outsourced so you have no way of being able to sort out issues in any decent timescale.

1.0Job security/advancement

Very rewarding & supportive workplace

Great place to work, very supportive of staff. You feel like you have total job security and are very valued. Although the salary is low you are paid all year round including the school holidays so that is a bonus!

Pros

Flexible working hours

Cons

Low salary

Lovely workplace

I worked at St Catherine's Primary for several years.Lovely place to work, such friendly pupils and staff, extremely well organised. Was made feel welcome from the very first day.

Pros

Friendliness

Horrible Atmosphere

COVID-19 seems to be an excuse for discriminatory practices at WCC and leadership in some areas of the business seem to think they are above the routine application of good management practices. I've worked here for a number of years and following my experiences during the school closures I have a bitter taste in my mouth that will last for years - my previous loyalty and hard work seem to count for very little. Oh and no sick pay for the first three days of sickness...they wont tell you that at interview.

Pros

Not many

Cons

Unsupportive and slap-dash when it comes to HR practices

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Worcestershire County Council. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement