Worcestershire County Council

Worcestershire County Council Culture reviews

Clear

Friendly

Friendly but fast paced. Competitive. Within the public sector the culture was always changing rapidly, and we had to work efficiently showing that the department was financially viable and competitive in line with the private sector.

Poorly managed

I was left to work out my induction myself, no training plan. No time allotted for training so still expected to complete daily tasks and training in the same time period. No building fire safety induction carried out. Staff have a telltale culture and if your face doesn't fit, you're completely unable to succeed. Management clueless, no support from them. Cannot recommend at all. Everything is outsourced so you have no way of being able to sort out issues in any decent timescale.

Lovely workplace

I worked at St Catherine's Primary for several years.Lovely place to work, such friendly pupils and staff, extremely well organised. Was made feel welcome from the very first day.

Pros

Friendliness

Going Downhill Fast

Such a shame that the most experienced managers are leaving and inexperienced Project Managers are taking their places. No mechanism for suggesting improvements from the front line so those seeking to do so apparently only cause annoyance to their so called ‘Senior’ PM’s. Culture of bullying supported by poorly written policy and their HR department. Investors in Policy rather than Investors in People.

Pros

Incredibly committed front line workers.

Cons

Hierarchical culture, no freedom to manage, senior management don’t consult or listen to their colleagues.

Great job,pity the council messed it up.

Great managers although there was to many of them. Great place to work,people I worked with were amazing,always out to help each other no matter what. Such ashame they would not listen to us about the P&R.

Great and friendly

great place to work. very supportive and provide training for staff in their different roles. there is always someone to ask if needing help. Would recommend

Transport Department

Excellent place to work with up to date training ,management very friendly and other staff members .great to meet different people each day out in the community.

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

O contracted hours

Great team to work in. Very welcoming and inclusive.

Great team to work with; lovely and friendly and inclusive. Management (Assistant) was really good. But training was not that great. Regular team meetings/briefings/Away Days.

Pros

Great hours

Cons

I was working through an agency.

great place to work

Learned my foundations of social worker and ongoing practice here. Good team ethic and good support from the managers. Good levels of supervision took place.

Cons

parking

My Role

I enjoy my Job, especially how flexiable it can be. Management style is great, and also supportive. The hardest part is achieving the best you can, in working with the young people to have a positive outcome.

Pros

Learning all the time.

Cons

Know refreshmennts when you attend meetings.

Jobs at Worcestershire County Council

See more jobs

na

lovely environment, friendly and very helpful team, amazing management, job was easy, i did like to work independently, flex hours of work. shame this job wasnt permanent.

Very poor culture

The worst place i have ever worked. The first place i have been bullied, not taken seriously when reported. Very little training, senior management employ "Friends" with no fare interviews or choice, just "Jobs for the boys" Very corrupt council & not accountable for the way they work!

Cons

Senior management do not listen, bully culture

Was forward thinking but sadly declining

When I first started working in residential care for this council it was exciting and I learnt the best way to look after children, I was proud to say I worked for WCC. Following the councils OFSTED inspection and despite the residential service being cited as a positive, over the last year I have seen a massive decline in the care provided. WCC are taking the lead from a council that has no residential service and no real understanding of the work that we were doing. Instead of looking to the residential service to take advise from them it is slowly being dismantled. There is a culture of fear that is systemic and this is not going away anytime soon.

Cons

Too much management

Friendly but slow paced

good culture to work in of friendly staff however not much career progression and I was on a low salary. Management were open friendly and helped in development.

Pros

good managers

Cons

low salary

horrible

Do not work for worcester county council. They do not treat staff the same, I lost my job because they believed a member of staff without getting my side of the story! Stay far away from them as you can! They do not6 value their employess, unless your are deputy manager or higher up!

Stable working conditions

I always knew what I had to do and it was clear from the start who to go to once I had completed a task. Co-workers were friendly and able to help out when needed.

A negative workplace in general.

Work/life/balance was poor. Expectations unrealistic. General atmosphere negative and a huge blame culture exists.

Cons

Long hours. No incentives.

Great friendly and professional place to work.

I enjoyed to work there. My team was very experienced and professional. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fact that they were very supportive with work-life balance arrangements.

Worcestershire County Council - A pleasant and encouraging place to work

A pleasant working environment, with patience, understanding and very friendly work colleagues. My manager and team members always looked to help me develop my existing skills and learn new ones.

nice people to work with

you usually work with a group of very nice people, very enjoyable environment. it is open office, so very easy to communicate with colleagues. flexible work environment, full support from staff and management level.

great opportunity working with children

Each day is different even though in same school children i have attend brekfast and after school club vary. The staff always friendly and you are always made feel as if you are part of a team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Worcestershire County Council. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement

Compare Worcestershire County Council with

• Worcestershire County Council
  • Culture
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?