Working Links

Working Links Employee Reviews

Productive and Fun Workplace

There is no typical day at work as we work with individuals who need our support and they are not a homogenous group but people with different needs which require individualised support packages

Great job. Great Manager

Loved this job. Loved my Manager. Love supporting people to get into work and improve their life and their future prospects. It was lovely having people who were out of work for years, all of a sudden feel happy because they are working

Pros

Good colleagues

Cons

Fast paced

The company went into Administration in February 2019

The company went into Administration in February 2019. I was made redundant. We had no warning or notice. That's all I can say. 12 years of my life and nothing. Had to get my redundancy from the Government. What more can I say

Not a good place to work management total lack of experience and knowledge.

What a terrible place to work. Loaded caseload. Inexperienced managers. Bullying managers. I could go on with this,,,,,,,,,,,shambolic and more.

Pros

Working with my front line colleagues.

Cons

None.

Totally different company than it was few years ago.

Shocking place to work since sold to new owners, years of neglect and bad decisions means it's a shadow of the great company it once was. The executive team the whole three of them left are completely out their depth. Contract after contract is ran so badly that it delivers almost nothing for the people it's meant to help. To win these contracts in the first place it's complete lies in the bid. Shocking management practices and have been investigated by funders many times for fraud. Stay well away from this organisation it won't have long left or at least speak to people who have worked there and find out for yourself. Scotland particularly is a joke with a management team only there because of their ability to suck up to the most incompetent Chief Operating Officer ever. My caseload and caseloads of others completely let down because of lack of resources, I.T and the organisation only interested in profit. They should be investigated by funders.

Pros

None they have done away with all the benefits because of mismanagement.

Cons

The joy of getting out the place

Shambles

Not really sure where to start with how awful this company is. The management of any contracts secured is a joke, no process, organisation or common sense used at all. Poor work, poor standards and poor results. You are not given the right tools or support to carry out your job. It really is scary that the government hands this company any money what so ever. Leadership is lacking tremendously, overall this company shouldn’t exist.

Pros

Some people that work there are nice

Cons

The whole company is a con

Micromanagement

Having only worked there for 5 months, I can say that the only enjoyable element was my colleagues. I covered 2 areas, the drive to one was long, and was down a load of country roads, the hubs didnt open until a certain time and closed early- yet this was my fault that I couldnt see my caseload enough. And throughout the whole time, despite being told by my manager that they dont micromanage us- they spent the entire time doing just that! The whole time working there had a huge negative effect on our home life too, meaning I spent less time with my children.

Cons

Long distance travel, no flexibility in hours.

Friendly and supportive environment

Friendly and supportive staff. Training and support provided throughout. Great pension and monthly employee benefits. Good fair working hours. Like most places, work hard and there's room for progression.

High profile role to build new service model

This was a first government outsourcing of probation contracts and my role was to set them up. The organisation was unfamiliar with the environment and took some time to understand.

Pros

Good people at lower levels

Cons

Leadership

Workplace is not a nice office

Very poor communication between managers and staff you are restricted to working policies unable to provide the services which clients require for a comppany working to help people getting off benefits they only interested in the Profit they can make

Pros

Cons

Not getting the opportunity to do the job

Friendly work place

Working with friendly supportive colleagues in an interesting environment. Helping people into work, who may have multiple barriers and need someone to give them a hand.

Pros

Teamwork

Cons

Lack of job security

very good place to work

managing my own time well working effectively. NOT! micro managed good co workers the paper work can sometimes build up but if you stay on top of things its a really good job

Pros

managing my own dairy

Cons

nothig

Proactive Helpful and diverse workplace

I loved working with this company because the clientele of people we were helping were very hard to work with but they were the most rewarding when I was able to change there lives. It was a 100% outreach position and the management was very supportive. I loved working in a diverse environment and the team work was amazing.

Pros

Flexibility on working patterns

Cons

100% outreach

Gained Qualifictions

Excellent company to work for. A typical day was to meet and greet leaners and deliver courses. Most enjoyable was seeing clients more confident and seeing them going in to work.

Pros

Great Staff

Cons

Amazing atmosphere and determination to succeed

I loved working at the Liverpool Office on the Engagement to Retention programme. The team was big, target driven, and full of energy every day was a pleasure. Management was supportive, challenging and expert in their industry. Such a shame the programme came to an end very sadly missed.

Pros

Monthly benefits and bonus scheme

Cons

Contract

Challenging, interesting and supportive work place

A typical day at work can be very unpredictable, as we never know what kind of people we are going to encounter. This also makes the job challenging, but at the same time interesting and enjoyable. I have learned a lot in my 5 years with the company, especially how to judge groups and adapt my teaching accordingly. Management and co-workers are very supportive. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with groups and seeing the group members gel and provide support to each other. The hardest part of the job is only being able to work with a person for a short time, when we know we could really help them long term, but are unable to do so.

Pros

Motivational cakes and biscuits

Cons

Working on timebound contracts

Work Programme

My current role is a consultant in the Work Programme. My day to day role includes coaching, mentoring and motivating clients. Ensuring professional, compliant service is delivered with the 'right first time' approach. Maintaining a large caseload from 100 to 200 diverse unemployed clients, delivering creative solutions and training to suit the needs of the client. To help secure sustainable job outcomes and improve job readiness progression. I provide intensive support to all clients with barrier removal, positive progression and intensive job searching on a one-to-one basis. This can also be provided within a group setting and the level of support determined is also assisted by the company diagnostic assessment. Conducting group sessions with tasks set and barriers discussed. Viewing conclusions and reporting. Working closely with Employer Support on site to secure interviews and ultimately jobs for a variety of clients. Maintain quality, accurate and detailed client records following data protection rights and company compliance, ensuring all statistical information is recorded and maintained within unit recording systems(CRM). Exceed monthly job targets as set by management with determined high quality service.

Team players

Working links offer great team enviroments for the saff. There is also support on hand should you need it

Pros

meeting new people

Cons

Tough targets

Not as nice a place as it used to be

When I first started Working Links was a fun and vibrant place to work with supportive management and possibilities for progression and development.This is no longer the case, things have become stagnant, with virtually no opportunity for development, the vibrancy has gone from the team and the management.

Pros

Reasonable benefits package

Cons

Lacking support and development opportunities

Productive and Fast Paced

The company is based within the welfare to work industry and supports and guides our customers in long term sustainable employment.

Professional Organisation with Professional Branding

I have worked here since August 2012 and have found the company to operate with a professional attitude and application regarding the daily management and implementation of the Work Programme welfare to work scheme.

Pros

Cardiff Central

Cons

Need more training rooms

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Working Links. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement