WorldStrides

Working at WorldStrides: 9 Reviews

United Kingdom9 reviews

Very competitive and unfair

Highly competitive place of work.No real income security due to the extreme unpredictsbility of the work offered.Great interviewing process which was very educational though.

Good to start with, poor to end with

Great company to work for until faced with difficulties. Not flexible with other alternatives when facing problems and not caring for the staff in the difficult times.

Not great

They are happy to tell employees one week that they are safe and have nothing to worry about, but then cut them loose the next. Right in the middle of the Covid-19 outbreak, when there are very limited jobs available at this time and everyone is in lockdown so you can't even turn to someone for support.

Do not work for this company you have been warned

Worse decision I ever made to accept the role, apart from making great colleague friendships. The company itself is a chaotic greedy American company, buying their competitors but without an adequate system or knowledge to implement the trips, who make their employees redudant at the drop of a hat.

Great opportunity

I absolutely loved my job at WorldStrides (Account Manager), but were made redundant as well as the whole Sales UK team, out of nowhere. Didn't see it coming and found it a bit violent but the American head office decided we were not making enough money....Sad it had to end up this way.

Pros

Good commission plan and incentives

Cons

Pretty long hours during high season

Interesting and challenging job but no feeling of job security or chance of progression. I received next to no feedback from managers on my performance or what I could improve on. They also sack people for fun....

Productive and fun workplace

I really enjoy my job as an Account Manager - education travel; not only we have a great team environment but also it is really grateful to know that the students & teachers had an amazing time during their trip. I love every single part of this job; organising and planning the trips for the different schools, dealing with different teachers and adapting to each specific requirements... it is just great!

productive fun place to work

Great place to work, the staff are great people to work with and the company benefits, culture is amazing . we get taken out on team bonding days these usually include going to a restaurant and taking part in an activity somewhere in london

Pros

free lunches

Cons

Not what it says on the tin. Education and not travel

This role is completely different to what I interviewed for. The hours are different to the offer letter, and the company in the UK as a whole don't seem to know what they are doing. It's pretty much a start from scratch business where people have been working for months on end with no sales at all.

Pros

Free Lunches

Cons

Long Hours, No Work Life balance, miss- sold role

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at WorldStrides?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WorldStrides. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement