Wren Kitchens
Happiness score is 52 out of 100

Wren Kitchens Employee Reviews

Found 1,546 reviews matching the search
Featured review
Wren Kitchens selected this as a representative review
I am now in to my 4th year at Wren Kitchens having joined in winter 2016. During that time I have had the pleasure of seeing the company grow from what was already a multimillion pound company, into the 'best in class' market leading corperation it is today! The thing that sets Wren aside from all else, is its people. Yes the pay is great, yes there is a great bonus scheme and yes your working for one of the worlds fastest growing companies. But the people who work here and help keep the engine ticking is what is truely unique. Everyone is there for each other always pushing one another to achive great things....Im a true example of that and Im always personally looking out for those who I can help achieve the same. Goals are a huge driving force and Wren give you all the tools you need to make them happen. Great equipment with no expense spared, fantastic training facilities and great perks throughout the year
29 January 2020
Hi there, thank you so much for leaving us this review! We're happy to hear that you enjoy working with us and are making progress in your role. We want to express our sincere gratitude for your many years as a loyalty!
Very Informative intensive product and company training knowledge which was very supportive with trainers colleagues team leaders. Indepth training and shadowing of call handlers to get an understanding of the types of calls and how they are to be handled polite and professional at all times. Very supportive by managers team leaders and fellow staff members
Pros
Excellent working environment
Cons
A lot of things to learn and grown within the company
Marketing team particularly at the top just full of yes men. Director of marketing, head of digital etc all just want to cover their own backs and will happily throw people under the bus. In our furlough meeting, the director of marketing just said how "Wren will get through this" and no mention of the team getting through it or any compassion at all to peoples situation. It's the little things that make you realise how patheticly loyal to the brand upper management are. Before covid the warning signs were there, the team at the core was great (before covid redundancy) but if you are made to feel like you have to work longer hours than contracted in order to progress (some colleagues were actually told this directly). As a designer it's difficult, naturally, to work under people who just say "do it like this" without any regard to the end user or actual customers. Even when you do a good piece of work you are never thanked for it, upper management take that to CEO as if it is theirs. Just another cog in a machine. The environment makes you feel incredibly anxious about everything going on due to the complete lack of transparency. HR meetings in your calendar make you assume you are losing your job or in trouble, certain meetings spring to mind where you are made to feel that if you don't change your way of working you will be out the door.Forced to use holidays for legally entitled leave, such as Drs appointments / family emergencies. Flex-time removed and set hours applied which decreased morale. No benefits, low holiday for the industry and average pay. Good luck getting - more...
Pros
Good equipment
Cons
Oldschool mentality. Won't attract talent post-covid due to lack of autonomy and benefits
I was told it was a permanent role. then sacked off after covid.I learned very little on a very boring poorly managed training course that Wren doesn't even create. There was no direction at all for what we were properly doing and very rarely had proper communication with our boss.
Pros
You won't be there long enough to care
Cons
Long hours, no direction, expensive scran
7 May 2021
Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.Since we introduced our Graduate Schemes in IT, we have seen huge success with over 100 Graduates passing the scheme and progressing in their careers with us, the vast majority are still with the business to this day. All of the Graduate roles at Wren are permanent positions and at no point have we 'sacked off' any of Graduates due to Covid, as our Graduates are the future stars of our IT department.
I have had a great start to my career at Wren. Management are supportive and encouraging and the team are very friendly and all really love working here which creates a great environment.I came from a completely different background so lots to learn still, but training is well-structured and there are always plenty of people around to help when needed.
7 May 2021
What a great review!It's great to hear that you made the most of the training facilities and opportunities available to you.Thanks again for your review and for recommending us as a great place to work
All staff are English in the office and they take on only English when with little experience or after university On the factory floor almost foreign and in the office area almost EnglishWhere is the equality??
Pros
All English staff
Cons
Lack of equality and diversity
7 May 2021
Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Wren are comitted to being a diverse and inclusive company and our People team constantly monitor our Equal Opportunities statistics to make sure that we are hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you would like to dicsuss this further with us, please reach out to the team for a confidential chat at LetsTalk@wrenkitchens.com
Just starting out my role here at Wren Kitchens. I can already see that there is support all around I believe I will be happy here. Still in my 3 weeks training and getting to know the systems/day to day roles.
7 May 2021
I've been a Driver at Wren for a few years now. It's not the easiest of roles as there can be quite a lot of lifting but you're supplied all of the equipment and go out as a two man team so not as bad as it sounds. The pay is great, best I can find around here and you're guaranteed 48 hours pay no matter what. The health and safety is above any level I have seen in the industry, with the trucks being kept in mint condition and having some great tech on them.
Pros
pay, guaranteed hours, trucks, H&s
Cons
lifting, some long days
7 May 2021
Thanks for your lovely review.We pride ourselves on being a company who cares for our people, so great to read that you felt supported and valued in your job.
Class2 drivers are treated like royalty compared to the 7.5 tonne drivers,blamed for the slightest thing and bonus is slashed due to this,management are actively looking to bring the bonus down constantly (its worse than school!) Made to sign off on new rules every other day that divert all errors and situations that arise towards the driver.NO thanks for going above and beyond for them whatsoever.a great job ruined,badly needing a union onsite to bring them into line
Pros
Fellow workers, salary
Cons
Management, no drivers union
I am currently learning my role here at The Nest and everyone has been so helpful and friendly. The pay is good and they provide excellent training facilities.
Pros
Friendly team, good location, pay, gym, canteen
Cons
N/a
7 May 2021
Hi there, thank you so much for leaving us this review! We're glad that you are enjoying your career with us so far!
Poor home life , poorly treated by management Your just a number don’t expect any backing from anyoneYou will have your bonus taken away for any reason they can think of, expect to be watched Like BIG BROTHER and Auswitz in one
Pros
Can’t think of any
Cons
Long hours, flats
7 May 2021
Hi there, thank your for taking the time out of your day to leave us a review. We are disappointed to read that you didn't enjoy your career with us. The feedback from your review will be discussed internally and used to help us improve, if you would like to discuss anything further, please reach out to the team at LetsTalk@wrenkitchens.com
My holidays were not honoured as discussed in the interview. The training was a disaster. I was never introduced with other staff members and never given a welcome pack. My line manager never told me how long the training is going to last and how the performance will be measured. In the first couple of weeks I was left waiting all morning for my manager to give me any work instead of being trained but then I was expected to be fully trained 🙄. I didn’t get any weekly or monthly reviews to let me know how I was performing and where I needed improvements. The first review was organised 12 weeks later and I was told that I haven’t passed the probation because I was being trained a little longer and because in one accession I asked to be helped with my emails.... bearing in mind that everyone asks for help with emails as we were meant to work as a team.
Pros
Cons
No support from the managers
Currently learning my role and already I can see support is readily available to all colleagues giving much needed re assurance.Traing academy is varied with e-learning and call listening giving a better insight of job role prior to going on to the department.
Pros
Small supplement for Gym
7 May 2021
Poorly ran, 13 hour days is the average working time, bonus doesn’t get paid, office staff talk down to workers, unrealistic delivery times, routes poorly planned.
Pros
Cons
13 hour shifts
7 May 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.We are committed to constantly improving our working environment and it is feedback like this that helps us do just that!
I'm what we call an IA, so I work weekends when the showrooms are really busy, to meet and greet customers before a designer helps them. It fits perfectly in with my studies, and allows me to earn more money than working in say a supermarket as we have an houry rate plus a conversion bonus on top of this. If you want to stay and progress rather than go off to uni etc., the business is happy to help with this. I'd highly reccomend my role to anyone else in my situation!
Pros
accomodating with hours and weekend work, good bonuses on top
Cons
nothing really - great company to work for!
13 April 2021
Welcomed into the Business around 5 months ago, and I am really enjoying working with lots of different people from such a diverse community.There are also some great company benrefits.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Not sure yet;)
12 April 2021
What's cool is that you can start working as a general employee and then become a director. Everything depends on you.You will not find such a developing company anywhere.
Pros
The possibility of continuous development.
12 April 2021
Thanks for your comments and the 5 stars. Internal progression is something we really love to promote within our business! I'm glad that you're enjoying your career so far!
Since I started I have been given a lot of opportunities to get more qualifications as well as all necessary training for the position I applied for. Every day brings a new challenge which to me personally is good as it keeps you busy. Canteen facilities are great with a choice of 'fit' and 'take away' type of them so you can always find something for yourself. Management is strict and demanding but in the positive way as well as very helpful - any issues I had were resolved within very short time.In general a good place to work.
Pros
trainings, managment, canteen, pay
Cons
N/a
12 April 2021
Good place to work, atractiv salary.If you are looking forwoard for overtime almost all departament are offering this, sometimes with good pay rate.
Pros
wage
Cons
rota shift
12 April 2021
Thanks for your great review - please do share it with your colleagues, you'll make their day!
i have worked at Wrens for 10 years, generally good place to work with a reasonable pay/salary, canteen facilities , communicative management, nice environment to work at
Pros
holidays, pay, atmosphere
Cons
n/a
12 April 2021
Hi there, thank you so much for leaving us this review!We're happy to hear that you enjoy working with us and are making progress in your role.We want to express our sincere gratitude for your many years of loyalty!
Good salary, my team is very friendly. I learn a lot new thinks I work at wren kitchens more than 6 years and I like to work at wren kitchens.
Pros
good salary
12 April 2021
Thanks for your lovely review.We pride ourselves on being a company who cares for our people, so it's great to read that you feel supported and valued in your job.
  1. Employee reviews