WSP

WSP Employee Reviews

The people in WSP are always nice and friendly. It's a work in a dynamic environment and if you are an engineer you are given the opportunity to grow and develop your skills. Overall good place to work.
Pros
flexibility, friendly people
Cons
understaffed
WSP said it was all about the people, and they are the companies best asset, however, this is not the case. Struggled to get support and promotion from senior members of staff. It everyone for themselves. I would not recommend anyone to work here. Especially struggled being female and 1 of the few who worked full time. Senior Management didn't listen / had hardly any support with obtaining work. It was all about the graduates and shipping production out to Asia.
Pros
Flexibility with working hours / can work from home
Cons
WSP do not invest in you / Senior Management is an all boys club and top heavy
Workplace is nice and relaxing. Colleagues are polite facilities are fantastic wonderful building. WSP do a lot of social activities to keep everyone integrated nice vibe
There is no such speciifc information i can provide like day to day work experience and other daily routines and work culture, salary and other benefits etc.
Brilliant Company to work for, god benefit system for employees. Office had ample and free parking, Staff in the office were very professional and friendly.
I have had a great time working for WSP in there various disguises over the years. Unfortunately utilisation is down and at the time of writing this review my job has been put at risk.
The colleagues were great to work with. Friendly and helpful but the management structure leaves a lot to be desired with a willingness to cut corners to meet promises to the board rather than do things properly and have to explain that to the powers that be were shocking. This didn't extend to health and safety but contractually it left the company exposed to financial risk.
Llevo 5 anos trabajadndo con ellos y estoy muy agusto. Excelente empresa para desarrollarse como ingeniero.
The pros: working from home, flexible working. The cons: the company grew too quickly from 2017, they offshored most of the support services, IT is a joke. The management structure is poor and not diverse. They tend to turn the other way rather than deal with problematic staff. They also don’t adhere to their own processes.
Fast-paced but the work flows with that allowing to make it fun. I learned a lot, even more about the speciality I was doing. The culture in the workplace is very laidback while also still being very corporate.
Working on a term contract for local government so affected by contract particulars and not necessarily part of regular mainstream business but occasionally invited to head office for corporate update
WSP listen to your needs. They are fairly organized and have an ethical outlook towards their employees. I really enjoy my work with them. I enjoy the autonomy whilst I am working.
I started as an apprentice, there was no training, I was left on my own for hours on end and when I did get work there was no challenge, they struggled for work for me.
I have experience of working in several teams at wsp. Some have a relaxed management style and trust you to get on with your work with minimal supervision. Others are very corporate and constantly on your back about the smallest thing. There are opportunities for progression if you put in the work and you're prepared to go above and beyond your job description consistently for 1-2 years.
Mainly good, elements of ruthlessness about their approach. Profit orientated diverse skill base trying to act together. Lots of potential for the right person.
A great environment to work in with a very friendly and inviting culture. Overall a great place to work. Great benefits and your efforts are rewarded. Great team-building activities such as go-karting, cinema and food days out. Work hard and get rewarded for it also.
Internal communications not strong, hard to find the right person to talk to when working on a project. Good environment and supportive of staff. On balance a good place to work
Lots of opportunity to work on some the highest profile projects in the UK like High Speed 2 rails links and stations, also an international company with high profile projects all over the world
The Company changed ownership many times during my employment. This gave me lots of opportunities for progression and make improvements. I was made redundant after 24 years due to centralization of HR function. I was always supported by my colleagues and management
Pros
Opportunities and ability to influence change
Cons
Growth of Company and offshoring of functions reduced opportunities
Management treated everyone excellently and they offered excellent training. Was given little notice to the termination of the work contract but were paid for the rest of the week.
Pros
Great salary
Cons
Gained a lot of useful experience as an undergraduate engineer. Greatly improved on my AutoCAD skills There could have been more undergraduates within the company.
Pros
pay
Cons
left to work independently
  1. Employee reviews