Wye Valley NHS Trust

Wye Valley NHS Trust Pay & benefits reviews

Good place to work and good pension scheme. Easy to work your way around the hispital if you choose to move department. Paid on same day every month so you always know where you stand .
After working here for some time, this trust gives you some really good benefits and learning opportunities. Especially for those wanting to undertake further learning into Nursing and other healthcare roles. Typical day at work for a HCA involves assisting patients with all daily living activities, such as washing and dressing. I help at meal times to those who need extra help with eating their food, for example patients with severe learning disabilities or dementia. I assist patients with their mobility, for those who need extra assistance with walking frames and other mobility aids. I help with toileting, whether it is walking with a patient to the bathroom or assist in transferring them to a commode or bedpan. On many occasions during the day I am responsible for keeping the ward and patient bed areas clean and tidy. This involves making beds neatly and sterilising equipment regularly, such as beds, lockers, tables, etc., along with other equipment such as observation and ECG machines that may have been used. Throughout day and night shifts, I regularly have to perform observations on all patients; this includes taking blood pressure, temperature, recording respiration, oxygen levels, heart rate and blood sugar. I am also responsible for maintaining the best possible pressure area care for patients who are unable to move around independently. I am responsible for documenting all tasks that I perform throughout the day in patient’s notes and informing my colleagues about any matters I am concerned about or if I have any questions to ask. The hardest part of the job, is - more...
Pros
team work
Cons
Often short staffed but great colleagues to work with, good experience and opportunities to develope further in your roll, expect to be on your feet all day and invest in some good shoes!!
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Wye Valley NHS Trust?