X-Cel Superturn Ltd

Working at X-Cel Superturn Ltd: 8 Reviews

United Kingdom8 reviews

Very poorly run

Very poorly run. Could be a very good company but the disharmony on the shop floor is very demoralizing. This eminates from the top. There is very little trust between shop floor and management and anyone who accepts a position there MUST get in writing what rate they will be paid!

Pros

Money ok

Cons

Avoid the place, revolving door hire and fire culture

Not truthful with staff especially blue collars. Opted to lay off workers during first few weeks of COVID instead of showing some kind of loyalty and furlough staff through hard times. Deceptive during recruitment process. offered incentives that were never an option.

Insights into X-Cel Superturn Ltd

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Clear sense of purpose

Decent place to work

Genuinely it’s a good place to work - it looks like a few people who didn’t fit have left the negative reviews - the majority would say they’re happy. Fair pay, nice bonus when you get them. Fast paced & lean culture but that’s to be praised.Good facilities.

Pros

Good opportunities to develop

Cons

None really

Spoilt by management

Spoilt by bad management and the way they treat there employees. Made to feel like a clock number rather than an employee. Wouldn't advise anyone to apply at the company

Pros

Dont work there now :)

Cons

That i went there in first place

Deceptive employer

Taken on to take charge of a milling section in desperate need of organisation. Supposed to be an interim position until an engineering position became available at another site. It came to light other site position was never going to be available. Whilst self isolating under NHS advice got laid off instead of furloughed. Distinct lack of loyalty. Started recruiting again within weeks of laying off staff.

Pros

Cons

Low pay, not honest during hiring

Not good

Higher management clearly not bothered about bullying. Lost my job due to complaining about bullying from a supervisor. When redundancies happen the correct procedures are not followed.

Pros

good money

Cons

poor management

Cnc operator , programmer

Very sloppy management , health and safety policies very questionable , minimum help provided on nights. Very little in the way of job planning. Parking is an issue at present.

Pros

4 nights per week

Cons

Minimal work planning.

Good company - would recommend

I've been employed by X-Cel Superturn for almost a year and am happy to review because I'm more settled and feel more valued here than I have done anywhere else in my career. Because my skillset is varied I'm able to cover other machines when needed and although I don't work the most overtime, it's always there when I want to earn some extra £. They're good to work for and fair and it's a good bunch of people around me - I'd say we're all pretty happy here. I haven't been paid to do this review lol.

Pros

good team, fair management, clean environment

Cons

holidays could be better

Ask a question about working or interviewing at X-Cel Superturn Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement