Xero

Xero Employee Reviews

Fun workplace

The atmosphere at Xero was always amazing the culture was great we had so many benefits. I felt comfortable to always be myself and to embrace it. We worked under pressure most of the times but this was good it helped me reach my goals for the day.

Great people to work with just a shame the management is poor and are a clique

Working at Xero you will get to meet a great many good people in a friendly and fun environment. The working office space is nice and they provide free food and drinks. Sadly the longer you are there the more you realize the management of the place is a shambles. The managers who are good have mostly left the company now after being overlooked or from poor treatment. It is very much a clique that they fail to recognize or mock behind closed doors as they all know better. People are promoted base on if their face fits the clique. There are a good many people there who do not pull their weight day to day and as for their HR it is amateur at best with people who have never been from an HR background in place or a lazy approach to supporting the business. Aparently they call that culture.There are many good people at Xero doing a good job. Its only a shame they are not supported in the right way by managers with experience not 20 somthings playing at being managers with no people skills

Pros

Free food, friendly colleagues, some amazing hard working staff

Cons

Poor management and HR, to many staff not pulling their weight so others work long hours

Great Benefits

Great benefits and very much about showing that they care for making the work place a fun place to be. However I didn't believe in the product and not being able to give customers relevant advice on laws didn't sit well with my experience I hold. Not the job for me.

Pros

free soft drinks, snacks, alcohol on a Friday, retail discounts

Cons

Hidden targets, not for someone with experience

I Love Working for Xero

I started working for Xero when I was 18. Working for Xero has taught me so much and as my first full time job, I love it! I am now 20 and don’t see myself working anywhere else in the near future. Xero has incredible people, a relaxed atmosphere and a great work ethic. As Xero grows as a company, it just gets better and better!

Great Company, Great Product, Great People

I have worked for a number of business since leaving University and have never stayed in one company for more than one year with the exception of my own businesses, then I discovered Xero and I have now been here just under 5 years and have no plans of moving on, enough said, Great Company + Great Product + Great People = one very happy employee!!!

Fun and cool place to work

Xero is a fun and cool place to work. The product is at the leading edge of cloud accounting software, wonderfully innovative and beautiful to use. Its great to be involved in a company that truly changes the way that an industry works, helping businesses and their advisors to build stronger and longer lasting relationships. Its inspiring to work with so many talented colleagues who all have 100% belief in what we are doing. The disruption we are causing in the traditional desktop industry is fun – its great to be re-writing the rules.

Pros

leading edge product, inspiring workplace and managers, great team environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Xero. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.4

4.0Job security/advancement

Compare Xero with

Xero Reviews by Location

• Xero
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?