Xerox

United Kingdom250 reviews

Found 250 reviews matching the searchSee all 14,610 reviews
roleprogressiontargetcolleaguevariedsalaryprintengineer

Rewarding, sometimes frustrating!

A rewarding and challenging place to work. Sometimes frustrating management decisions but the pay is good. Good benefits and advancement options if you are willing to jump through a few hoops.

Pros

Expenses, incentives.

Cons

Demanding targets

Productive, fast paced and good for a stop gap

Xerox is one of those types of jobs which is good for a stop gap in between jobs, the work is on going and you'll be moved from time to time, you get to listen to music all day and you get good breaks too. Just try not to get on the wrong side of the managers. Good luck if you're starting soon!

Pros

Decent breaks

Cons

If you don't drive you've got to muck around with buses.

Insights into Xerox

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Energising work tasks
  • Sense of belonging

Hard working, but at times very rewarding

great training, good work life balance as an engineer could be quite stressful. Most Management very supportive.Great people and teams you work for and colleagues become friends for life .

Pros

good work and life balance

Cons

always worrying about redundancies

Ex-Xerox

Nice work environment. I had a good time there. I made friends. I just was disappointed that the company had to relocate their customer service department at some point.

Pros

Nice people. Good pay

Depressing

Severe lack of structure at xerox (concept). Retention of experienced staff is not a thing. Profit over people at every turn. The management is a faceless entity who offer no support to the teams on the ground.Salaries are just above minimum wage for skilled roles. (Company makes huge sums for its shareholders)

Cons

No salary increases year on year

On the whole Xerox staff were friendly and it was an enjoyable place to work

Having worked for Xerox for 11 years I can safely say it was the best company I have worked for. Progression was always incouraged and training was ready available.

Pros

Encouraged to progress with your career

Cons

The salary didn't always match what other companies would be willing to offer

Poor pay. Shocking management

Management don't really care how you go about doing your job as long as its done. training is shocking.. All online training was completed by a manager as we where told we had to keep working as to busy.. Pay has been frozen for nearly 10 years with no guarantee for future pay rises.. Only people that make any kind of money are sales and management and oh how they love to flaunt it in your faceAll online Xerox training courses where actually done my a manger so staff are actually not qualified to do the job they can do

Pros

Good bunch of guys in factory floor

Cons

Poor management, poor wages. No real work life balance balance

Great place for sales training

Working at Xerox, with there 8 week training, gave me a really great chance when I looked for other sales roles.Little chance of progression, as always looking for graduates for management roles.Collegues who work there were great. Helpfull, very big team spirit.

Pros

Good canteen and bar on site

Cons

Lack of future progression

Don't waste your time here...

There are more cons than pros, lame training and high expectation targets, that are just not achievable. Poor management on a whole, nepotism rules the roost. High turnover of staff. I echo the previous comments it's a very negative place. Despite being on the lowest of wages you cant have a laugh. You'll get moaned atl No structured guidance always changes because of incompetent management. Stay well clear of them...

Pros

Look for a permanent job instead!

You do EVERYTHING that's asked of you....and then...guess what?.....they tell you you'll be finishing at the end of the week...Although there are other members of staff who clearly take the proverbial.....

Pros

Working hours not too bad.

Cons

Make sure you're face fits....

Overworked and underpaid

Huge stress. Thrown in the deep end. Limited training but expected to complete jobs within certain time frame. Constantly getting calls from office to see if you can get to another job.

Very clicky and treadmill with stupid targets

Very clicky ruthless employer. Just a continual treadmill. Always told what did wrong and no praise when did something right. They go by numbers and and give unreachable targets. Only good side is not working weekends or Bank holidays and met a few good friends. Cant have phone or personal belongings on you. Locker provided.

Cons

I thoroughly enjoyed my experience working for Rank Xerox would like to work there again

It was interesting and I was a proof reader reading french English and German documents it was a great place to work lots of concentration required good breaks really nice colleagues to work with Good Team work you need to be quite intelligent at the interview I was informed I would either be able to do the work or not but luckily I am a quick learner you had to have good reading skills spelling etc

Pros

Nice surroundings the office was well lit and a good environment to work in

Professional

I found the people were great. Sometimes the decisions made by the upper echelon were questionable. i was unsure what direction the Company was taking and decided to take VR.

Good work life balance

Xerox is an old fashioned company with low salary, small benefits associated to the job and in general very political

Great Company

Prob one of the best companies you could work for based on my experience.l was very successful made good money traveled the world met great people Learnt so much especially about people Sales,Marketing,Management etc

Demanding but rewarding

Xerox is a large corporate business which is going through a lot of change at the moment at a global level. It is a very good place to work but demanding in certain roles. Very corporate but for the right person this would be an excellent place to work.

Busy, fast paced and technical

A typical day is very busy but varied. Incidents can be fairly straight forward to brain wrenchingly difficult. A good knowledge of the printers is an absolute help especially when on a call with a 'stroppy' engineer. Need to be able to stay calm.

I like there.

I enjoy my job there. I enjoy working there and make great friends. The job is Monday to Friday. So you will always have the weekend off. My boss is great to work for too.

Enjoyable working environment

The job involved extracting the salient points from scanned forms and inputting to the company's bespoke database. Training was relatively easy and there was plenty of support afterwards.

Hard to get converted.

They hire by contractors and you have to work with no benefits. To get converted, they have to select you for it. I worked there and got fustrated because I was doing my best, but others were converted to internal employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Xerox. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement