XPO Logistics

XPO Logistics Employee Reviews

Easy job with a friendly staff, pay however is far below average hgv 2 at 10.19 ph for Taunton which is below the national pay for xpo.Great for a new starter or retiring drivers
Pros
Staff
Cons
Pay
They rob you of your break time by being too strict. You have to walk 4-5 minutes to the canteen and also walking back which takes 8-10 mins in total. They always stand in wait for you to leave your break 5 mins before it runs out claiming that it will take you 5 mins to walk to your workstation. If you don't leave by this 5 mins before your break time ends, they will ask you to step aside and give you a warning.The same applies to you starting work - you are expected to be at the warehouse for daily briefings 5 mins before the start of your shift and also, you have to take into account that it takes you an average of 5 mins to walk there.Taking the time lost to you on a daily basis in the case of your break and starting the shift you are losing not less than 15 mins of your break time + 10 mins prior to the start of your shift.= 25 mins each day + the fear that you can be pulled over if you don't leave your break 5 mins early to allow you to walk to your workstation. This seems like you are still in the olden days of school. The management mostly frowns their faces and only chat within themselves at the managerial/supervisory level. There is no fun working there except going to work and come back basically. A dry one. Nothing more.I think the work culture should change and also, to be more friendly.
Pros
The pay is average. They train you where you are to work.
Cons
Work culture not as friendly.
Good job moving fork lift trucks from depot to depot working with other drivers from other depots, poor management let's the job down, not listening to drivers who do the job
Pros
Cons
Poor management
They put pressure on you to work more and more and at the first mistake they kick you out even you are a good driver and work with them for a long time.
Cons
Long hour's. Hard work
To be fair XPO company is a very good company in term of pay and other benefits. But some of the workers do not treat other colleagues fairly. Personally, I did experience discrimination among some of the workers.
For the love of everything decent never work at the middlewich branch of XPO, salaries never came in on time, no adherence to COVID guidelines (police were called in several times and fined the company) no health and safety procedures (several crashes with MHEs and Forklifts in workplace every night) all In all, save yourselves the trouble of working here, it’s beyond unfair and just dangerous to your health and wellbeing, management don’t care unless it directly affects them, don’t leave the office for any reason other than to get a coffee, staff morale is through the floor and people striking, genuine sickness gets penalised and pay is docked, to this day haven’t had uniform (11 months into my job), no PPE to wear (both COVID and general warehouse equipment), all other equipment we use is damaged beyond repair (forklifts missing mirrors, lights, horns etc) and when informing management we are told to suck it up, holidays are now being managed (been told we have to take a week every 3 months) and to top it off, our pay comes up short or not at all, and break times are never consistently monitored (managers can get an hour plus but operative get less than 20 minutes?)
Pros
N/a
Cons
Management, Long Hours, Pay
Worked here as an agency driver with being told it would be temp to perm but they don’t they just use you for the 12 weeks and then get rid of you, job itself is ok and the money is alright but wouldn’t trust management
Pros
Money is ok
Cons
Poor management
Advantage - Pay is good (£10.27/hour) for night shifts 10pm to 6am. Disadvantage - is it's harmful to your health staying awake overnight so choice is yours money or good health.Disadvantage - NO time to sit, stand for 7 hours and 30 mins so it's tiring. Advantage - easy work not as hardAdvantage - 30 mins break at 2am, get to sit down for 30 mins and eat food (Canteen) Disadvantage - Sometimes not busy and when you get inside the warehouse you may be asked to go home. They should text but never do and time is wasted.
Pros
Pay rate for nights
Cons
It's tiring you Stand for 7 hours and 30 mins + harmful to health if you work nights
I would definitely recommend working at XPO. I have worked at another 3PL competitor and would generally describe XPO as a collaborative and agile business. Culture and engagement are high on the agenda.
When you are told welcome to XPO they mislead you by stating you are all now part of XPO the truth is you have a temporary contract for 3 months where you are competing against everyone else for a placement there are no pick rates however they expect you to pick 185 cases per hour otherwise you will lose your position without warning you have one break in an 8 hour shift this break is 30mins to get food go toilet not enough time for the work load. I found out my second week in the job that XPO recruit 100 people every year at peak time and let them go after the new year this year was no different I was on backshift and they would not change my shifts you work on a rota 5 days per week this position is not suitable for anyone with a young family.
Pros
Canteen prices are cheap
Cons
Long hours poor management looking for robots not people
Wasn't the best place for alot of employees. The management is abysmal and will remove you to save themselves even if you're in the right. Avoid at all costs.
Cons
No recommended ...every single month is wrong salary not respect contract rules very poor company ,no bonuses from higher targets ,managers no helps for resolving problems ...however lots lots problems
Pros
No benefits
Cons
One short break
I love working at Xpo and it is a nice place to go to work and it is not that fare from my house and thay are a lovely people to work for and thay like a family member and the staff are very lovel and very helpful
XPO say all the right things at top level, but on the ground things can be totally different!! A few weak links in man-management can easily take the joy out of any job, and I encountered a few of these. Often expected to solve issues created by transport office, and often do second runs to cover for the fact that they didn't have enough drivers.At the depot I worked at, there were more subbies and agency drivers than employed drivers, and even some agency drivers refused to work there!!I DID enjoy the comradeship of my fellow drivers, and wierdly, the challenge of getting through each day.Left due to age, and realising I needed less stress in my life.
Pros
Comradeship of other drivers.
Cons
Poor man-management at grass roots level. Poor training.
Spent about 2 hours with these helmets for them to offer me the job the sprang a drug test on me at the very end of the process could of saved us all some time if they would of warned me before hand
This is the worst place I have worked at. The managers are rude and bullies. There is a clique of people that are rude to everyone else. The targets are unrealistic and a struggle to hit. The managers are rude if you don’t hit the targets and they don’t try to help you succeed. I was offered drugs several times at this work place and also started on by an employee of the company for no reason. The management did nothing to solve this
Pros
Cons
Rude management, unrealistic targets
XPO like to develop their employees within their sites. They offer a wide range of training.Have a safe and stringent HSE policy.Offer a safe working environment Clean environment Warm rest areas.
Pros
Free samples. Christmas Lunch and lucky bag
Cons
12 hr shift pattern 4 on 4 off
Poor management, missing respect for the drivers . Wages are not fair for the work . They are not paying extra for the night shifts,
A typical day would be to collect your scanner, scan your job list and go to pick. When pick is complete take to the relevant dock. Return to job desk and select another job and pick, and pick and pick.Hardly ever see management, team leaders. When you do it is only to tell you that you haven't hit your target. They never tell you how well you are doing.Some of the management team are quite young and immature, so therefore it is difficult to respect them for their position.They do not do anything to motivate you. Also Covid-19 arrangements in the warehouse are not as stringent as they should be.
Pros
Nice atmosphere and clean job
Cons
Only 1 break, Management style not what it should be
Unappreciated, poor management, long hours, exhausted employees, very high staff turnover speaks for itself, this business has no interest in it employees whatsoever, their well being is low with profits being paramount, lots of cost cutting at the expense of their exhausted employees
Pros
Iceland Card 10%
Cons
Long hours, treated as a number, poor management, no consideration for staff well being, focussed purely on profits
I would recommend working here as the job is straight forward and you are left alone to do the job.Any problems and the planner is always available to find a solution.
Pros
Paid breaks
  1. Employee reviews