XPO Logistics

XPO Logistics Employee Reviews

I worked for XPO from when was still Norbert Dentreassngle, based at Coop in Andover i lives my job and all tal involved, unfortunately I left because of the management, I was basically running the shift and they were only treat me right to make me do they work, but was never appreciated or valued. Very good company, I would go back if they change management and like me other good members of staff left for the same reason . Very sad
Pros
Hard but good tasks
Cons
It is often said that;If you do what you have always done - you will at best, get what you have always got !or if I where to quote the great Albert Einstein :-Expecting change by doing nothing to effect it must be the definition of insanity.Managers, leaders, contributors, key workers, and all XPO influencers - EVERYDAY can be a school-day.
Pros
L&d, diversity champions, mentors, motivators, greatest business model.
Cons
Opportunities abound but are being missed by those too blind by their egos to see, this is everybody's chance to win!
Training is a waste of time.Never show you how to do the job right, the just chuck you on the job. Team leaders are waste of time and never want to help you. Waste place i have ever worked. Avoid
Pros
Cons
Read my review ha
XPO in Warrington is the worst place in the Uk , they have unreal targets ,managers who chase u every hour down the aisle if target not meet ,30 break ,can't go to toilet unless on break or you get warning , very mean management ,never ever go there unless you have to ... Worst on earth,all I can say.
Pros
Cons
Everything else
Good place to work, nice people, mostly, and the kit was reliable too. The salary was better than minimum wage but there was only one break of 30 minutes that could only be taken when management wanted me to not when I wanted to.
Pros
Environment, atmosphere.
Cons
Short break times
Profit led company and don't care about staff in anyway. Lots of nepotism within the company which led to favouritism. My advice is ok for few days if you need the money through an agency but never take a full time job here.
Pros
Cons
How long you got?
The night shift is a nightmare... some employees live like animals ,when they go to the toilet they do a complete mess,destroy everything. Throw paper toilet on the floor,destroy toilet dispensers...Absolutely disgusting behaviour in the night-shift
I currently work here since November job is quite demanding and physical but I enjoy it hard work but pays best around, new vehicles and uniform provided
Pros
Good pay no nights out
Cons
Some long days
It's not a job for everyone, it is a lot of walking and running it may become boring or tiering at some point, but it's all about money after all during these times. A lot more stability compared to other local companies.
Pros
30 days of holiday + 5 to buy optional
Cons
Some team leaders are real d****
Wages good, some supervisors ok disceplinery procedures are a joke. Workforce are very nice and good to work with. Management are a waste of space. Never happy about your work rate.
Pros
Canteen on site
Cons
Never satisfied how hard you work
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at XPO Logistics?
Easy job with a friendly staff, pay however is far below average hgv 2 at 10.19 ph for Taunton which is below the national pay for xpo.Great for a new starter or retiring drivers
Pros
Staff
Cons
Pay
They rob you of your break time by being too strict. You have to walk 4-5 minutes to the canteen and also walking back which takes 8-10 mins in total. They always stand in wait for you to leave your break 5 mins before it runs out claiming that it will take you 5 mins to walk to your workstation. If you don't leave by this 5 mins before your break time ends, they will ask you to step aside and give you a warning.The same applies to you starting work - you are expected to be at the warehouse for daily briefings 5 mins before the start of your shift and also, you have to take into account that it takes you an average of 5 mins to walk there.Taking the time lost to you on a daily basis in the case of your break and starting the shift you are losing not less than 15 mins of your break time + 10 mins prior to the start of your shift.= 25 mins each day + the fear that you can be pulled over if you don't leave your break 5 mins early to allow you to walk to your workstation. This seems like you are still in the olden days of school. The management mostly frowns their faces and only chat within themselves at the managerial/supervisory level. There is no fun working there except going to work and come back basically. A dry one. Nothing more.I think the work culture should change and also, to be more friendly.
Pros
The pay is average. They train you where you are to work.
Cons
Work culture not as friendly.
Good job moving fork lift trucks from depot to depot working with other drivers from other depots, poor management let's the job down, not listening to drivers who do the job
Pros
Cons
Poor management
They put pressure on you to work more and more and at the first mistake they kick you out even you are a good driver and work with them for a long time.
Cons
Long hour's. Hard work
To be fair XPO company is a very good company in term of pay and other benefits. But some of the workers do not treat other colleagues fairly. Personally, I did experience discrimination among some of the workers.
For the love of everything decent never work at the middlewich branch of XPO, salaries never came in on time, no adherence to COVID guidelines (police were called in several times and fined the company) no health and safety procedures (several crashes with MHEs and Forklifts in workplace every night) all In all, save yourselves the trouble of working here, it’s beyond unfair and just dangerous to your health and wellbeing, management don’t care unless it directly affects them, don’t leave the office for any reason other than to get a coffee, staff morale is through the floor and people striking, genuine sickness gets penalised and pay is docked, to this day haven’t had uniform (11 months into my job), no PPE to wear (both COVID and general warehouse equipment), all other equipment we use is damaged beyond repair (forklifts missing mirrors, lights, horns etc) and when informing management we are told to suck it up, holidays are now being managed (been told we have to take a week every 3 months) and to top it off, our pay comes up short or not at all, and break times are never consistently monitored (managers can get an hour plus but operative get less than 20 minutes?)
Pros
N/a
Cons
Management, Long Hours, Pay
Worked here as an agency driver with being told it would be temp to perm but they don’t they just use you for the 12 weeks and then get rid of you, job itself is ok and the money is alright but wouldn’t trust management
Pros
Money is ok
Cons
Poor management
Advantage - Pay is good (£10.27/hour) for night shifts 10pm to 6am. Disadvantage - is it's harmful to your health staying awake overnight so choice is yours money or good health.Disadvantage - NO time to sit, stand for 7 hours and 30 mins so it's tiring. Advantage - easy work not as hardAdvantage - 30 mins break at 2am, get to sit down for 30 mins and eat food (Canteen) Disadvantage - Sometimes not busy and when you get inside the warehouse you may be asked to go home. They should text but never do and time is wasted.
Pros
Pay rate for nights
Cons
It's tiring you Stand for 7 hours and 30 mins + harmful to health if you work nights
I would definitely recommend working at XPO. I have worked at another 3PL competitor and would generally describe XPO as a collaborative and agile business. Culture and engagement are high on the agenda.
When you are told welcome to XPO they mislead you by stating you are all now part of XPO the truth is you have a temporary contract for 3 months where you are competing against everyone else for a placement there are no pick rates however they expect you to pick 185 cases per hour otherwise you will lose your position without warning you have one break in an 8 hour shift this break is 30mins to get food go toilet not enough time for the work load. I found out my second week in the job that XPO recruit 100 people every year at peak time and let them go after the new year this year was no different I was on backshift and they would not change my shifts you work on a rota 5 days per week this position is not suitable for anyone with a young family.
Pros
Canteen prices are cheap
Cons
Long hours poor management looking for robots not people
Wasn't the best place for alot of employees. The management is abysmal and will remove you to save themselves even if you're in the right. Avoid at all costs.
  1. Employee reviews