XPO Logistics

XPO Logistics Employee Reviews

United Kingdom1,120 reviews

Found 1,120 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,685 reviews

Decent job , bad pay

The job, I started 6 years ago, was a good job. I work nights and it suited my lifestyle. However it has deteriorated since then. My biggest gripe is that my wage has remained the same for the duration. I get paid average day time rate for nights. Agency staff get paid more which shows they have the money to pay their loyal drivers more. Management are pleasent and easy to get on with. Kit reasonable but wagons now over 6 years old.

A typical day at work

I can’t wait to move from this company.Maybe another warehouse it’s much better but the Park Royal it was terrible including the management and team leader and HR as well!

Insights into XPO Logistics

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Ability to learn new things

Friendly people, calmly workplace, just enough money

Very friendly office and warehouse staff. The oldest units from 2016, mainly dafs. Multi-drop driver job without pressure. No irritating calls from the office. Not a competitive salary.

Pros

Good work atmosphere, no office pressure

Cons

Average pay rate

fun workplace

decent job for multi drop depending on route you have more or less drops,you can have a regular route or you can have different route every day depending what you feel comfortable with.

Pros

bonuses, courses

Horrendous upper management

The higher management think very little of their admin staff. We are told we are non productive. I wouldn’t recommend this company to anyone. The inconsistency of how folk are treated is ridiculous. It’s one of those companies if your face fits at that time your ok. There is very little communication between upper management and the rest of the warehouse. I think if upper management changed it might be a better place to work.

Pros

10% Iceland discount card

Cons

No fairness on how they treat workers.

good pay

not a bad job. Good pay. 45 minute break . Get paid for 30 min. Working towards targets but seems okay to achieve it as long as you keep being consistent

Pros

good pay

Cons

Extra hours

Warehouse op

Honestly, work elsewhere.Management can't run a bath, never mind a transport and warehousing operation.Avoidable delays are normal. Poor quality equipment, that takes time to get repaired is very common.Needless penny-pinching by management is an every day occurrence, and destroys morale.

Good company, bad management

Company is good, but the management is the reason why many leave the company. It's a shame...they push you to do things for wich you signed in induction that you'll never do.

Picking job

Wasn't a bad place to work. Although pick rates were not achievable if you often get assigned in certain aisles I.e. the 'crisp aisles'. If you get assigned to pick in the aisles with jars it was quite straightforward to pick at the required rate.

Gxo class 1 driver for Iceland. Deeside

60% of drivers are on lightwork duties because the job is handball and requires grafters. Too many old lazy fellas winging it. Average age is like 50 which is too old for a heavy handball job. Certain employers get cream while the workers get the rough jobs. Transport is full of uneducated kids who think they know how it ticks. Money is OK but your morale is awful. Just a number and are not thanked. Seriously avoid. They will have you going out on reload after reload because drivers are phoning in sick all the time. Says alot about the place.

Pros

Finishing

Cons

Long days

GXO not a good place

Not a good place to work general lack of support from management There is a general lack of information and communication from first line managers

Good place too work

Excellent place too work. Supportive bosses. People i work with have something too be desired. Good training opportunities and good development. Free tea and coffee

Pros

Easy work

Cons

Pay not the best

Local business

Not a nice place management have favourite employees if your face doesn't fit forget it !worked hard and fast but it's never good enough go through staff at an alarming rate it's just a job that pays a wage at end of the day!

Pros

Cons

Unpaid overtime

Interesting operation - detail focused

Worked at XPO Crick on the Mazda account, as they supply most of their UK dealerships with car parts for repairs & service. Good crew to work with, very good and pleasant manager.Only downsides to give about the site: you only clock in after walking about 8mins through the large site and not on arrival. Also in the car park, the electric charging points are only for management staff, which seems very unfair and elitist.

Not great but not terrible

They want you to work like a machine.Fast pace and very repetitive.The headset will give you a headache.Management look down on you.People don't seem too friendly.

Definitely disappointed

The job at Hoo (Medway) trunking is brilliant. 4 on 4 off work pattern is good The pay is to low and hrs can be high. I worked on the agency which was the best option as the pay rate is higher and flexibility on overtime working directly for Xpo Does not pay enough. The depot is under managed. A couple of the management team do not understand logistics they run the depot as a van delivery hub and the Logistics side is not represented very well. stupid decisions (sharing vehicles with other depo start times and finish times do not match ) having to wait 1-2 hours for a unit to come back. Reporting procedures are not followed for brake downs And maintenance. Having to explain everything to manager about traffic. You Can never get a hold of anybody in the office that understand The logistics side

Pros

Easy

Cons

Bad management attitude. disorganised. Management lack of knowledge

Fun place

Easy work but some places not made for class 1 to enter. Can have some long days but need to take the long days knowing other days will be shorter. Get to start when you like within reason

Pros

Job and finish

Cons

Can be long hours

Overall good place to work

Some days are quite repetitive and others are focused on different projects, the office can be rowdy at times but not an awful environment and the benefits/pay are good

Good company

I m happy and grateful for the opportunity. They really take care for people the safety is first obviously the manager team is excellent as well. I can't complain

Frustrating at times.

Normal day you will be in at 7am then sit in a tiny canteen for 3-4 hours waiting for the night shift drivers to return with the wagons. Can be annoying at times. I once waited untill 12.30 for a wagon, by the time I left it was 13.30. I was then expected to complete 18 drops around blackburn and Clitheroe. Some days are good to be fair but when it's bad it's really bad.

Saint gobin contract ilkesten

Best boss I've had, office staff great a day always try help you a d work around you. Mo ey is OK for the work. Location is easy and ple ty of parking trucks are new and looked after

Ask a question about working or interviewing at XPO Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement