Yarlington Housing Group
View all Yarlington Housing Group reviews

Yarlington Housing Group

Yarlington Housing Group Employee Review

Your face must fit

It was a wonderful company but sadly it has become very 'corporate' but without the know-how of how to be in that corporate world. It does not value its staff. There is a bullying culture. The line managers are not supportive. If your face doesn't fit, you're out. The pay is excellent as are the benefits. However, a price cannot be put on mental health wellbeing and this company does not value its staff enough to care about that.

4.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same roleSame location

Lots of bullies work here

Lots of back stabbing, which managers allowed. Line manager, training lady, HR man and my team colleague's all joined together to make my life as difficult as possible. As my mental health suffered they upped the pressure on me. I really hope no one ever puts them through what they felt was acceptable to do to me.
Same roleSame location

Good rate of pay

Very family orientated company, very good salary, management don't say very much or get involved. Threat of redundancies currently which makes working here rather uncertain which is such a shame. Generally a great team to work with.

Pros

Salary

Cons

Lack of management communication
Same location

Once you scratch beneath the surface...

On the face of it this company seems dynamic, innovative and cares about its customers and staff. However, it doesn't take long to find out that there is a bullying culture within the company from the highest level down to the most junior of line managers. They say one thing at interview for example embrace flexible working but once you start working you realise that is not the case at all and will deny that they ever agreed. In addition, there is a strange culture in this organisation whereby the Directors are treated like near gods and there are video screens all over the office whereby their Vlogs are playing on repeat, it's like something out of the novel 1984. If you don't agree with what is going on you will soon be made to feel an outsider and rule by fear appears to the be the approach by management. Worst of all is they claim to care about the most vulnerable but will actively not take any vulnerable clients under the guise of 'not wanting to set them up to fail' yet it is heartbreaking to know that there are people who are homeless because they refuse to help them. Avoid if you can, this is probably the worst working environment I have experience.

Pros

acceptable wages

Cons

Bullying culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Yarlington Housing Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement