Yell

Yell Employee Reviews

Featured review
Yell selected this as a representative review
Yell is a fast paced environment that is working hard to keep on top of the evolving online market place. The people are what make Yell as they show passion and commitment for what they do.
Pressure sales, bully’s for managers and a genuinely dishonest company, only person I could say a good word about is the trainers. If you are thinking of applying for yell don’t, also search for yellactiongroup on google
Cons
The work culture here is rubbish. There is alot of favouritism if you are liked and your face fits you will be given all the benefits and awards. Others who work hard are constantly bi-passed.There is alot of gossip in this company, eveyone wants to know your business. Management behave unprofessional especially at events where I have seen all manner of things including a manager exposing herself. The work itself can be fine depending on your department. However things are constantly changing with department disappearing. There is alot of stress with people off with mental health issues .Overall avoid, the company is loosing alot of its customer respect. If they don't change they won't have long left.
Pros
Cons
Stress, favouritism, unprofessionalism
This is a really stressful, demanding company. The usual time in a sales role is 2 years as so many people simply burn out after that.The hours are long, but the pay, company car, private health care benefits go a little way towards compensating for the role.Think really carefully about if you are happy to walk away from your normal life and step into a world where you are expected to have your blood run YELLow !!Be prepared to travel and expect 12 hour days to be the norm.The people you work with in the main are lovely as they close ranks and protect each other from higher management.. if you are lucky you will get a good manager who will shield you from the flack.This is a fast moving company so be prepared to be adaptableI have to say, overall I really enjoyed my year's with Yell, but it was tough.
Pros
Salary, company car, health care
Cons
Long, long hours.
The interviews - both telephone and face to face, were really relaxed and were both open to being asked questions about the company and work place. You get full training which is really through. Once you're 'live' you continue to get all the support you need, every single step of the way. Although its really busy, everyone, both on your team or not, are so friendly and helpful. Really is a fantastic place to work and one of the best places I've worked.
Pros
Very supportive
Cons
none that i can think of tbh
A job of variety with ongoing training and engagement. Historic customer service issues and competition make it a challenging role. Constantly changing market and internal structure can make it hard to keep on top of all business requirements.
Pros
Independence and bonus potential
Cons
High targets and relentless requirements
If you worked at Yell in the late 90s or early 2000s you would have had a ball. It was a brilliant company. But the loss of Yellow Pages as a core product and poor order fulfilment and customer service in the competitive world of digital marketing makes it a nightmare now. All sales jobs are challenging but with this one you get the added pressure of a new round of redundancies being announced every year.
Great career in a fast paced sales environment. Focus on customer service e and solution selling. Recognition & rewards worth the hard work required to be successful
Pros
Great digital solutions
Cons
Work life balance
- Micromanagement culture by managers who have been there for a long time (Yellow Pages days) however have no clue about digital marketing. - Management don’t care that half of a team was off on long term stress due to 1 particular manager. - the products no longer work due to being outsourced and everyone in sales taking a healthy slice - the customer comes last, you’re told to sell at all costs, actively told you NEED to get a sale otherwise your job could be on the line. Meaning selling packages to customers for the sale of it.
Yell are a great company to be part of. You get a fair salary for the role and the commission earnings are uncapped so if you are prepared to work hard - you can earn really good money.
I have worked in the business for 10 years now. Love every minute of it. The people who work in Yell are all very driven and motivated. It can be challenging however the rewards and bonus scheme they offer is amazing and can change your life.
The interview was long but in hine hindsight it worked well for the job I was going for so it made sense. The people are great and the company is very understand and helpful.
I have worked for Yell for nearly 9 years now. During that time I have been a successful Account Manager, Digital Account Director and now a Sales Manager. I have genuinely love my job and whilst it’s not always easy, it’s immensely satisfying to work with such an amazing group of individuals who are all as passionate about delivering excellence.
I returned to Yell in June 2019 after being made redundant in 2014. The recuritment and training are second to none and there's always someone happy to help. I found the whole worklife balance tough initally, as this is my first field based role, however using the structure I was given and trying to sick to that has made that part a bit easier. My manager & colleagues are always there to help if I need it. Yell are great at rewarding their employees and I have always found them a fair and decent employer to work for.
Success culture at Yell is the best part about the job. getting to work with driven and motivated people who help business achieve their goals daily, while also earning an excellent salary/bonus combined with an unbelievable reward scheme really makes Yell stand out. As with any target driven environment, there are challenges but the support available and coaching/training is truly first class. Best in the business. Excellent career opportunities. Clear and direct career paths for all people, at all levels. From developing talent and capability in current role to progressing to different roles in the business or leadership.
I have been at Yell for just over a month now and have enjoyed every moment since starting. Interview process was really welcoming, made to feel welcome and also the company was very helpful to make you feel comfortable and ready to start. Great culture and very positive atmosphere so far. Management are understanding and respond accordingly to any issues or questions you may have. The role itself is very challenging but as any sales role you have to keep motivated and be self disciplined to keep going, sales targets are high but can be done. I joined Yell due to being passionate about the products they offer and more so after researching the company there learning and development and opportunities are very good for anyone looking for this in there career.
Your day to day roll is much like any sales role, you have to be consistent with your dials and ensure your doing the best for the customer. I have learned much more since joining yell and there call process ensures you have a good business consultation with customers and is a great guidance to help kick start. Regarding management since I started I felt as if I was being micro managed and didn't really like being managed in this way, however after speaking to my manager and other managers about this, I found they responded accordingly to help support the way I like to be managed. Workplace I would say is very positive so far, just like any other sales role its very faced paced it Is what you expect from any sales role The hardest part of the role for me has been adapting to the Yell style and way of doing things which is different however I have enjoyed learning this process so far as it allows me to adapt to a new way of doing things and also learn and develop myself more. The most enjoyable part of the role for me so far has been speaking with customers about there business and helping them market there business to full effect, also building great relationships as I am really passionate about Both of these.
Best company was be worked for. Challenging sales environment but highly rewarding if your prepared to work hard. There is also great company culture, lots of support and several opportunities for growth if you want to further your career.
It has now been more than a year since I accepted the job offer as a Business Development Manager at Yell and I can honestly say it has been one of the best decisions I’ve made. One of the lists of things I love about this company is that they want YOU to be YOU and they celebrate your uniqueness. When I cast my mind back to the very beginning, this was said to me on my telephone interview by the Talent Acquisition Consultant, I personally know now he was 100% right. The interview process was very informative, inspiring and fun! As soon as I left the face to face interview, I remember feeling anxious about getting the job offer because I was very impressed with the direction the company was taking and I wanted to be part of Yell. The Yell company to me is like a family, I say this because like a traditional family we all help each other be the best we can be. We support each other when things are tough and share each other’s joys when things are great but most importantly, we appreciate the efforts of each individual.
Pros
Career progression, Training Courses, Opportunity to make good money
Cons
You get what you put in, so some days you will work long hours
I have been working for Yell for 2 months now, I couldn't fault the company in anyway. The interview process is great, the recruitment team keep you updated throughout the whole process, and even send you text before each interview wishing you luck, which i think is a nice touch. The training is the best I've had, the training team do a fantastic Job of cementing your digital marketing knowledge. The thing I like the most is the people and the culture, everyone just wants to help each other to succeed.
I have been at Yell for 9 months and I’m really enjoying it. The training programme is first class. The job is very rewarding if you put the work in. I love helping businesses reach their goals. If your looking for a easy job this is not the place for you. If your willing to work hard, you have determination, enthusiasm, Want job satisfaction, earn good income and love recognition then look no further. Looking forward to a successful future with you
  1. Employee reviews