Yip Shing

Yip Shing Employee Reviews

Unorganised

Unreliable with switching work shifts and plays favouritism with various members of staff. The management is disorganised, some staff were brilliant to work with but others were not so much accommodating as there was definitely some hierarchy in place.

Good bunch of lads to work with

Early start in the mornings for the picking. Need to handle heavy items though. Then load the goods on the vans before going out for delivery. It could be a long day due to unexpected traffic, etc. but sometimes we could come back and finish quite early at 3pm. All balanced out in the end. Good bunch of guys to work with and good laughs. Things could be better organised. Quite enjoy working there at the moment.

They should be on panarama courpt is not even close

Certain ppl back every day at 20clock as they pick easy routes while others are out till 7 may b 9 at night, no management at Al, kids from college meant to b learning on work experience they don't learn nothing, they r modern day slaves paid cash in hand, avoid paying tax on thousands of cash, most expensive, food labels changed on meat when they can b months over, paid till 5 pm and work till 9

Pros

There is nothing

Cons

I need a bigger box just keep away it's disgusting what's going on

Fair company

Bosses are very fair. I worked there for more than one year and they paid me very well. Staffs are friendly and helpful. You have no problem to start the work with them.

Do not even

Tbh it was unorganised disturbingly, expect you to drive there vans unsure if you are actually insured as no documentation or even sign anything .scrap paper ni number, then tell u 4 days no pay but pay in hand 150 see if you can do it then 10 11 hour day

Pros

Cash in hand

Cons

Too many then ask to go self employ for 60 a day

Good place to gain experience

Colleagues in all departments are friendly and helpful. There isn’t one who is arrogant even though they’ve been working for years. Small company so can easily feedback to colleagues or bosses if there are any personal dissatisfaction or complains from customers. Overall, great place to learn about wholesale and retail.

Pros

Friendly and co-operative working environment

Cons

Potential long shift or short shift

Very considerate bosses

I worked there for over a year. Both bosses were very accommodating and considerate. They would go extra miles to help me whenever I was facing difficulties. Couldn't have asked for a better employer. Work could be tough like most jobs and we had our ups and downs. I would have worked there for much longer if I didn't have to relocate for family reasons.

Not good conpany

All about the money they don't care about there staff I didn't enjoy working for them it was ridiculous. I was working all hours that God send and the heavy work load lifting over 30kg all day

poor

long days an not alot of money expect to work from 7 till 8ish for less than minimum wage. people very ignorant and not very understanding all they care about is themselfs

Pros

there aint any

Cons

still none of them either

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Yip Shing. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6