Yip Shing

Yip Shing Employee Reviews

Unreliable with switching work shifts and plays favouritism with various members of staff. The management is disorganised, some staff were brilliant to work with but others were not so much accommodating as there was definitely some hierarchy in place.
Early start in the mornings for the picking. Need to handle heavy items though. Then load the goods on the vans before going out for delivery. It could be a long day due to unexpected traffic, etc. but sometimes we could come back and finish quite early at 3pm. All balanced out in the end. Good bunch of guys to work with and good laughs. Things could be better organised. Quite enjoy working there at the moment.
Certain ppl back every day at 20clock as they pick easy routes while others are out till 7 may b 9 at night, no management at Al, kids from college meant to b learning on work experience they don't learn nothing, they r modern day slaves paid cash in hand, avoid paying tax on thousands of cash, most expensive, food labels changed on meat when they can b months over, paid till 5 pm and work till 9
Pros
There is nothing
Cons
I need a bigger box just keep away it's disgusting what's going on
Bosses are very fair. I worked there for more than one year and they paid me very well. Staffs are friendly and helpful. You have no problem to start the work with them.
Tbh it was unorganised disturbingly, expect you to drive there vans unsure if you are actually insured as no documentation or even sign anything .scrap paper ni number, then tell u 4 days no pay but pay in hand 150 see if you can do it then 10 11 hour day
Pros
Cash in hand
Cons
Too many then ask to go self employ for 60 a day
Colleagues in all departments are friendly and helpful. There isn’t one who is arrogant even though they’ve been working for years. Small company so can easily feedback to colleagues or bosses if there are any personal dissatisfaction or complains from customers. Overall, great place to learn about wholesale and retail.
Pros
Friendly and co-operative working environment
Cons
Potential long shift or short shift
I worked there for over a year. Both bosses were very accommodating and considerate. They would go extra miles to help me whenever I was facing difficulties. Couldn't have asked for a better employer. Work could be tough like most jobs and we had our ups and downs. I would have worked there for much longer if I didn't have to relocate for family reasons.
All about the money they don't care about there staff I didn't enjoy working for them it was ridiculous. I was working all hours that God send and the heavy work load lifting over 30kg all day
long days an not alot of money expect to work from 7 till 8ish for less than minimum wage. people very ignorant and not very understanding all they care about is themselfs
Pros
there aint any
Cons
still none of them either
  1. Employee reviews