YODEL
Happiness score is 39 out of 100

YODEL Employee Reviews

Featured review
YODEL selected this as a representative review
Very friendly flexible hours easy enough to work for take your time do your work no pressure management are nice and helpful and advise you to the best of their abilities
Parcels are getting bigger and heavier for home delivery drivers, cars are being as classed as sprinters sometimes 1 parcel would pretty much take up the whole boot.Management aren't interested if your car is over weight!If you're single and want to be out all day then it's the job for you.
Run as far as you can from this company don’t waist you time energy effort or contemplate of working for Yodel.!!!! Again run while you got your shoes on!! Back pain, headache, abuse, it will take your life away very early start very late finish.. no family time let alone alone time to think. Run Run Run Run......
Cons
Horrible place to work bad atmosphere. Office staff have no people skills. Very arrogant. Always looking for drivers. Depot is shuting soon and moving elsewhere. Dont return your property if you ever lose anything. Driving assessor very ignorant and tries to be a bully. Overhall did not enjoy my time here was better when it was littlewoods.
Pros
Money
Cons
Poor morale arrogant office staff
I would not recommended this Company to anyone as the Managers are all corrupt and when any thing goes wrong they shift the blame to the Staff. All nice to your face but nothing short of back stabbing. Would never work for this Company again. They have pushed so many drivers out the door that had been there for years.
Pros
Self employed. You know your route, pick your parcels up and deliver Them. Manager is on hand for any problems you have. Can earn some good money here if you put in the hours
Doesn't matter how hard you work, the appreciation is 0, you are only one of the many, with or without you the business will survive. The managers are interested only in achieving the goals.
Pros
Cons
No regular work
Job is awful, putting parcels into cages for 8 hours, break 2 hours into shift got to have it no ifs or buts, poor training thrown into the job, poor communication with team members working on the bays, just an awful life draining place to work quit after 3 days job is not a challenge its easy but mind numbing robot work rather not waste more of my time there, no one wears masks while working aswell coronavirus doesn't exist inside those parcel centre! Just awful awful place csnt stress that enough.
Pros
Cons
Poor training, awful break times, not enough staff, pay is awful, keep away
Very bad place for work Yodel in Northampton ... They don't care about the people . Bad managers for sure but main problem is all service partners. They should be fired all of them.
Pros
I didn't find them
Cons
A lot .. no security for your job, long days, lies ... Less money, heavy parcels
To start with was brilliant then goal posts start moving...bring in 2 hour time slots you have to stick to even tho most customers don't get the...app tells you for illustration purposes but management tell you there not, sacks delivered to you home address then 2days before tell you they are not you have to collect from depo or drop off point ment to be lifestyle courier turn out its not
Pros
Good for people who dont have a family or children
Cons
Not garenteed parcel, poor communication, fit arpund them not you, waot at drop of point for ages unpaid waiting for parcels, paid per parcel
Don't expect to be valued, you are just a number.Night management is non existent. He has no clue what's going on during his shift and people get away with doing as little as possible.How is this new manager still got a job there goes beyond me.It could be a good place to work unfortunately Lichfield depot is very badly managed.Let's not gorget that they will ask you to work as many hours as possible so expect to have 1 day off per week.
Pros
Cons
pay, management
Awful management, told me start of December to start after I applied in September, I waited the whole of December and they kept no showing, my start date was the 11th of January. 6 weeks later than when I was told I would start. No communication, I enjoy the work but complete at on my company. They just take the p*** out of you. Office girls speak to you like your nothing, anyone who works for yodel think they are above air and can speak to you and treat you like s***. Please don’t bother
Pros
Time your yourself and be your own boss
Cons
Yodel have no communication
I have been there at 6 month, while I only got complains. You are too slow, you are too fast, your packages missing, etc. Never received a good word. Without off, without break. Like a robot...
Pros
Cons
Unacceptable privacy policies and culture
Worst company u could ever work for.They don't care about there staff.And they only care for staff who tell tales on other staff.Managers have the favourites and managers don't even know what they are doing.They throw parcels up waggons and smash them and still send them out for delivery.Dont send parcels through this company becwarned by some one who has worked there.
Cons
Very poor management, bad work culture, workloads target unrealistically high. Working conditions at depo are poor. Days off a plus and okay money....
Pros
Three days a week off, okay pay
Cons
Long days, bad management, overworked
Treat you like slaves, workers worked to the bone, boring dull environment, poor standard of working, systematically set up to not enable anything but monotonous work and little interaction with other people which makes it miserable, no attempt to mix up the duties and shifts to spare you physically if something is getting overused and mentally for variety because that would involve actual management and they are not in the business of making happy workers so much as using the staff to get what they need, disposable people and don't care if the staff break and get overuse injuries, workload that also doesn't support proper H&S methods. Culture is awful, poorly vetted staff means the good staff are often picking up the slack of awful staff that come like a revolving door of wrong uns, this causes so much tension in the place, fights breaking out, ambulances for GBH, staff collapsing and police called and managers have awful people skills and get out of doing any actual work despite expecting everyone else to and actually managing their staff, they are quite happy to let some people work themselves to the bone, whilst others toss it off, so long as their numbers get hit, don't care how.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, overuse injuries, toxic culture.
No management on night shift so people could do as they please, might sound good but this leads to staff not doing there job and other workers left to do it, as there was no real management on the shift,
Pros
Do what you like
Cons
No life
Worked too hard and pyt under tremendous pressure to achieve more and more and more. Forced to break speed limits to deliver on time and drive very long hours with no breaks.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, not appreciated, stressful work and pressured to break laws to achieve their goals.
Very unorganised with parcel couriers. Taken for granted, must go through a lot of couriers. Must lose alot of good couriers, it's a shame really. But you get away with it.
I started this job a few months ago in this crazy period. Everyone is so supportive any questions u go on group chat and really expect a reply in minutes if it’s finding the house which within minutes u will get a reply. Got a package with car scraper , hand sterilise, wipes , phone battery pack , face masks plus jelly beans. I’ve worked for a lot of companies throughout my life and I love this one. U can make your deliveries any time u please as long as it’s before 9pm. I myself cannot fault my experience
Pros
Choose your times
Cons
Rain
Official response from YODEL
17 February 2021
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience whilst working for Yodel. It’s great to hear you have settled into the Yodel family and enjoying your role. I’ll be sure to share your feedback with the wider team. Thanks again, Team Yodel
Worked at Yodel for over 2 years and was really happy with the job. Van was available and ready to load in the morning. Left to load your own van and plan your own ruote. Once delivered all your parcels you are free to go home
Pros
Job and knock
Cons
Can be long days
  1. Employee reviews