YODEL

YODEL Pay & benefits reviews: Warehouse Worker

Clear
2.6Pay & benefits

drab, cold

nothing good to say here. low paid, over worked, only the weak and desperate will work here. many hours for rubbish pay , and when your no longer required, dropped like a hot stone.

Pros

cold haevy working conditions

Cons

being used like a slave

Rubbish

Advice to people dont go work there treat you like dirt never give you any shifts. Dont get paid double on bank holidays and dont get xmas bonus always cancel your shifts dont get treated with respect

Pros

Cons

Rubbish wage never alot of work

not fun at all

no induction they just bring you to the bay and tell you to work.Supervisors doesn't speak english,and the working hours were not like we discussed in the interview.The pay is underrated for the work that you doing..

Cool place for work

Was a good place for work with nice people and good environment. I worked about 4 months in 2018 and i leave for a better salary on construction site.

horrible

if you enjoy being treated like a slave you will definitely enjoy working at yodel. Also if you are looking for back pain (both long and short term) Yodel can help you achieve this.

Worst place to work

They are happy to cut your hours back to the point you have to sign on. VERY HAPPY TO CUT BACK ON YOUR BRAKES IF YOUR AGENCY and making you do even more work for less money. now we not getting any brakes at all now and having to watch the permanent worker go on brakes. Having to cover for them as they get their 3 brakes per day.

alright place

okay, but can be better because I needed the money and management was not always fair, could have treated people better and more fairly, long shifts which were hard sometimes

Unpleasant experience

Worked here for 2 weeks and all I can say is that it s the worst job I ve had since I ve start working in the Uk (and I had a lots of jobs) . It s a form of modern slavery , exhausting work , poor management , and the pay is awfull comparing to the amount of effort you put in . Don t come near it unless you re desperate /without any other job option.

Great place to work, worst recruitment agency ever!

Decent place to work, hard graft but get used to it, good work colleague's can have a laugh lots of nice people, some not but that's in every job I suppose, pay is just normal minimum wage, the worst thing about it is not the job itself its the recruitment agency who employs you called workforce or people solutions or many other names they have had in the past. Took over 4 months ago and STILL cannot pay people correctly...either just missing shifts off completely or literally all your hours worked, miss holiday pays, they don't text or call people to tell them they are in work the next day or not then don't answer their phones when trying to find out, its one big massive con after they took over and got us all transferred 2 months later we all received an email again welcoming us as new employee our job description rate of pay location etc...as though we where all new starters again...something definitely wrong there like some tax dodge or gaining some kind of monetary benefit there's so many bad things there's too many to mention, they are the most incompetent, unprofessional agency I've ever been employed by oh and also have Swedish contracts for us so if you google it it means they don't have to give you the same benefits as they would if we had UK contracts... We all get treated different by giving some people 5 days a week work and then others only 1 and 2 days work as there is no other reason for it we all do the same job so why do some get more hours and some get hardly any but they say its all worked out fair! Stay away if you know whats good for you! Unless your employed -

Pros

Friendly colleagues, good management, canteen

Cons

Agency called people solutions - avoid avoid avoid

long shifts but great staff

very relaxed place to work, busy shifts but good managers and friendly colleagues, miss so many of the people i worked with, decent job security, but very few benefits.

Pros

good staff

Cons

minimum wage

Jobs at YODEL

Warehouse Worker positions
See more jobs

Fun place to work

I enjoyed working with yodel it was a fun place to work .management were not bad .my coworkers were very hard working as well and we all got on well as a team

Pros

Long break

lack of work

Great couple of months during the busy period then began loosen more shifts to then being over staffed and loosing all shifts. good flexible hours throughout the day and a range of many breaks BUT VERY OVER STAFFED having to wait before shift if we are needed.

Pros

flexible hours

Cons

no shifts

Okay job but very low pay

Worked here on nights for minimum wage, job was simple but very low pay for nights. Management and team around are very nice but would not be able to recommend due to pay being so low 7.20ph for night

Pros

Colleagues and people

Cons

low pay, anti social hours

productive workplace

is a good place to work with some great people to work wit. but when I started I was lied to about my salary and ended up getting less than what I had originally signed up for so make sure you ask lots of questions about salary.

Pros

nice guys

Cons

slight unorganisation

Unfair practices

False advertising of positions used for peak times then disposed of. Male management seem to be fair but directed by ops manager and depot manager. None management but long timers bark orders and discriminating remarks when down to own lacking abilities to work. Bullying for & £8.25 an hour and working without a break to have a drink.

Pros

Some nice colleagues

Cons

No appreciation, no breaks, overtime paid at flat rate.

fun, hygenic, great personalities

i had a great time working for Shell as i had the opportunity to meet some wonderful people and make friends. I never had a problem with the workplace or its employees and i have to say the salary was good as well. However it was tiring on legs when standing for long hours however beside that its perfect.

Pros

salary, Hygiene, friendly Staff

Cons

Standing for long hours.

Respectable people,nice enviroment and funny and relaxed atmosphere.

Worked in Yodel as Warehouse operative, nice,relaxed and Funny People working there. Had a lot of good nights. Unfortunatly the hourly rate and Monthly payments are not ver nice, but as I said, excellent working atmosphere.

Pros

One of the best people place I worked

Cons

Date payments/hourly rate

josh

well yodel was a good compaany to work for the hours was good people i worked with was good workes there was not really hard job

Pros

wear

Good place to work but not the best for learning

Very little to learn but good pay for this type of job. Good mix of employees. Small cafe but friendly hardworking people

great workplace

good management, fun team to work with and an all round enjoyable job. Very physical and long hours great job for nights.

Cons

requires a serious shake up

needs much better management structure and more bodies to keep a smooth running pace and the level they require jobs to be done. start time is also very unsociable hours for a "nightshift" 2am start

Pros

decent canteen facilities

Cons

long hours, poor pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at YODEL. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8

2.4Job security/advancement
  • YODEL
  • Warehouse Worker
  • Pay & Benefits
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?