YODEL logo
YODEL

YODEL Culture reviews

Clear

Great place to work.

I was only working part time. Enjoyed working there. Staff was friendly and helpful. The boss was a lovely guy. My only complaint would be the wages and the amount of deliveries a day.

No appreciation for the employee

Doesn't matter how hard you work, the appreciation is 0, you are only one of the many, with or without you the business will survive. The managers are interested only in achieving the goals.

Pros

Cons

No regular work

Stressfull, unsupportive environment

I have been there at 6 month, while I only got complains. You are too slow, you are too fast, your packages missing, etc. Never received a good word. Without off, without break. Like a robot...

Pros

Cons

Unacceptable privacy policies and culture

Bad management, unrealistic workloads

Very poor management, bad work culture, workloads target unrealistically high. Working conditions at depo are poor. Days off a plus and okay money....

Pros

Three days a week off, okay pay

Cons

Long days, bad management, overworked

Awful workplace, terrible managers, rotten culture

Treat you like slaves, workers worked to the bone, boring dull environment, poor standard of working, systematically set up to not enable anything but monotonous work and little interaction with other people which makes it miserable, no attempt to mix up the duties and shifts to spare you physically if something is getting overused and mentally for variety because that would involve actual management and they are not in the business of making happy workers so much as using the staff to get what they need, disposable people and don't care if the staff break and get overuse injuries, workload that also doesn't support proper H&S methods. Culture is awful, poorly vetted staff means the good staff are often picking up the slack of awful staff that come like a revolving door of wrong uns, this causes so much tension in the place, fights breaking out, ambulances for GBH, staff collapsing and police called and managers have awful people skills and get out of doing any actual work despite expecting everyone else to and actually managing their staff, they are quite happy to let some people work themselves to the bone, whilst others toss it off, so long as their numbers get hit, don't care how.

Pros

Cons

Poor management, overuse injuries, toxic culture.

Do not work for yodel

Don’t work for yodel lich - Field they run you into the ground give you more work than you should have break health and safety laws constantly everyday force you to lift more than 40kg, they don’t pay you properly your also not allowed to discuss what your paid with other employees they be on more than you for less work charge you for late deliveries £10 per delivery , there vans are useless, all management do not care about anything other than sending you out with a van that’s over loaded force you to work long hours , your life will just become sleep an work have to work weekends you’ll get Sunday off that’s it an trust me when I say that is not enough time to recover from the stressful week you’ve just had Do not work for yodel you will regret it also Christmas time you will b robbed may b beaten or run over believe me happens more than you think an if they don’t like you or fit in they can pick employees to go get tested for D n A test most of the time it’s random but they can pick,, management can sniff coke get caught Out through a test but it’s ok you keep your job because apparently management rules are different there’s a racist an homophobic culture going on there to an again nobody cares worst place iv had work ever

Pros

Lol

Cons

All of them

Just enjoy working

I have learnt how to work on my own also with a team. Love meeting the public & get a buzz by delivering their items on a day to day basis.I just enjoy working & getting out.

Negative, politics driven company led by an inadequate management team

If your face fits, you'll survive for a couple of years. But bear in mind, even if your face does fit at the beginning, there will become a point when it doesn't. Scapegoats are always required!

Pros

Cons

Politics.

productive and fun

Expect your life taken away from you, enjoyed the work place, friendly staff, apart from boss. Over worked I think I liked the hours and benefits of working here.

Great Team

Great working with others and support where needed. It can seem hectic but everyone works together to the job done correctly. Remember to ask for help if needed and it will be given.

Jobs at YODEL

See more jobs

Paid peanuts

You are literally paid peanuts for what you do, other drivers get better routes, too much favouritism and politics. Stay well clear Don’t be a fool like me wasting your life with these mugs they rob people like us that’s how they make millions.

Working at Yodel

Comfortable working day. Learned more about warehousing. Management is excellent. The hardest part of the job was taking it all in. The most enjoyable part of the job I enjoy is working as part of a team and unloading trailers and learning how to stack things properly and professionally.

Really good

Great group of people ,good team and overall effort. Good potential to progress for hard working and dedicated candidates. Fast paced, moving environment

Great

Kilmarnock depot was a fantastic place to work , all drivers and management were there to help when needed , head down and get on with the job and you will enjoy

Top job

Very good job ,working with yodels flexible ,and enjoyable the staff is friendly and helpfull and will support you as an when you need support ,they will help you training training well

good

great work force havea great time sheet to stick to its organised and well staffed great vi to work great environment ovral great imeworking with yodle was thew agencie

Great

Love being my own boss and. Chosing my own hours. Not being told to do this and do that is lovely. You plan your day yourself. The wages are not great but I love it

Good place to work for

A great place to work for, all managers were great, RESPECT to be RESPECTED. Not many parcels to deliver but get paid the whole day and get an early finish. HIGHLY RECOMMEND

productive and enjoyable

good starting job, great management, would recommend, great group of people, easy to get on with and will always help you with your problems, expect hard work

Workplace

Something always goes wrong whether its miss communication between the warehouse and the lorries or management and staff. most nights we were a couple of people down. Night manager was unapproachable. Some staff there were lazy and didn't care. However saying this some staff staff were great to work with. they were polite and helpful.

Cons

never finish on time.

modern day slave labour

If I could give 0 stars I would. This was the most diabolical 4.5 months of my life. There is literally NOTHING POSITIVE about this job in particular the management (or so they call themselves). My contract was terminated because I took agreed time off. Yep read that again! We are in 2019 and you don't even get provided a computerised navigation system. Nope, you have to work the route out yourself (which takes almost an hour before you even start the work you will get 'paid' to do), I was sold the idea that it would take me 4-5 hours to delivery 80 parcels - I never took breaks, I was really quick and it took me on average 8 hours because I was delivering to a lot of businesses in congested areas. NONE of this is taken into account. Your expected to deliver everything even if that means working until late at night. The staff only communicated with me if there was a problem, and when I gave them the info they needed or fixed it, they disappeared off the face of the earth. They were rude, condescending and in the end, the 'manager' sent me an e-mail, that if I reported it, he would be fired it was that bad. He made light of mental health issues and made it very clear that he sees delivery partners as the scum of the earth. After driving to pick up the parcels, the time it took to sort out the parcels, planning my route + actually carrying out the deliveries I wasn't even earning £5 an hour not to mention the wear and tear on the car. The workplace culture is the most depressing, negative place I've ever experienced. Almost everyone in the office is miserable -

Pros

absolutely none

Cons

terrible management (the worst I've ever experienced), awful pay, if you can even call it pay, no job security, dangerous, long unrealistic hours, ridiculous expectations from office staff, poor communication and the list goes on!
  • YODEL