YOPA

YOPA Employee Reviews

United Kingdom16 reviews

summary

YOPA estate agent good company, I have a very good time working in this environment because of the job culture and I have a good working relationship with my colleagues.

Can be great but sometimes frustrating

Great company to work for and there is genuine growth happening. Processes can take a while to put into place and sometimes not all areas of the business aline with each other.

Pros

Nice office, hybrid working, company is still growing

Cons

Can be repetitive

Good company to work for

Friendly management team and friendly staff. Good training programme and nice for new starters. They are very hands on with helping in your first few weeks.

Pros

Relaxed environment, with free bus to the business park

Cons

Bus doesnt run after a certain time

Poor decisions from management

They unfortunately change the commission structure whenever they like. Great team but poor management. Job is subject to changes throughout your stay at YOPA.

Pros

Flexible holiday hours

Cons

Payment.

Pointless

No brand awareness in the area and no marketing support what so ever except for some facebook banners 🙌🏼 They have about 5 people in whole country that have made some decent money and my god do they talk about them alof. They’re predominantly in rural areas where competition is low other than other online agents.

Pros

Good Tech

Cons

Bad people

Very busy but a nice place to work.

I take calls for firms who cant answer their phones and they relay the messages on to them via email. This is a fast paced busy office and the time goes really quickly. The staff and management are really nice to work for.

No chance to move on with promotion unless you was one of the managers brown nosers

Basically it started nice and then all the management changed and it went downhill. As I said above no chance of promotion unless you was in with the bosses. Got to 1 point and you couldn't even leave your desk to get a drink or go to the toilet without permission.

Good Experience

Good organization with nice people. Long hours and 6 days a week, but the work was satisfying. In the end, it was not for me with my long term plans for life, but it was a good experience.

Worst Job and management I come across

I recently left YOPA after working there for over 1year. I started as a customer service executive and then they changed the job title to sales consultant basically pushing everyone to do a job they didn't apply for by offering a dream of a commission structure that does not work you will NOT make money here that is a fact. I highly recommend not to waste your time because there is no progression in this company, they lie about everything and the managers don't seem to care about anything apart from themselves. Since I joined I have seen many people come and go they don't care about the staff whatsoever. If you work on the inbound team the lunchtime is 30min so by the time you get to the only cafe close to the office, eat and come back, you will be late which will result in a telling off from the managers. The only occasion I would recommend this place to someone whos really young like a school leaver basically someone needing to get a little bit of money whilst getting some work experience.

all work no play!

to even earn enough to pay the bills you have to work every hour god sends and that only works if you are lucky enough to get some actual appointments

Love this job

Amazing enviroment, pleasure to go in daily. Weekends off and good pay. Management is always nice to you and you can tell company is heading for big things

Pros

Free breakfast stuff, weekend off, bank holidays off, nice management

Cons

Lots of change all the time. Will put this as a consequence of company growing constantly

Dishonest management and unfair agreements.

This is a 24/7 job and the dream is to be your own boss owning your own territory. You are told this from Day 1 but all the effort you put in to build up your territory can be taken away with 7 days notice and given to someone else. Yopa is the brand and you mean nothing to the management. Promises turn out to be lies. Management are from the dregs of estate agency. The ethos of the founders is completely ignored by the middle management.

Pros

The promises and the anticipation.

Cons

The reality of 24/7, no job security and the lies.

Dont do it stick with the high street

Great way to demorilise really good estate agents give them patches that have no chance of being sucessful and having agents doing 50 - 60 valuation a month and expecting 20 instruction a month

Pros

TSP for 6 months

Cons

long hours, never switching off, they now want you working 24-7

Generally very nice staff, managent rather out of their depth and seemingly unaware of this fact, Managed by paperwork, middle managent only able to drive operations based on conventional methods from experience of working in large established firms leading to exceedingly slow progress on output.

Pros

Lots of amazing people

Cons

A non progressive approach to management and staff engagement.

dishonest

unfortunately, not all as they seem. even when you have a day off, unwell, book annual leave you are still bombarded with constant messages and calls from regional directors and the main office. the do not care about your personal well being - only their targets. you are constantly told its 'YOUR BUSINESS' when you join, but then they try and treat you like employees, micro managing you and telling you what to do.

Pros

great concept, but cannot make enough money unless you work like a dog

Cons

poor management and lack of integrity

Dynamic, honest and customer focused company

My day begins with admin before 9am and email responses, actively go out to valuation and viewing appointments to obtain new business and oversee and manage two additional managers with sub sections of my territory. External appointments finish between 5-8pm each day and additional admin/advert work is then done each evening as well as sales progression and negotiations

Pros

Admin work can be done outside of office hours

Cons

You never really switch off, sometimes I have to force myself too

Ask a question about working or interviewing at YOPA. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare YOPA with

Learn about YOPA in popular locations

• YOPA
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?