Yorkshire Building Society
Happiness score is 59 out of 100
View all Yorkshire Building Society reviews

Yorkshire Building Society

Yorkshire Building Society Employee Review

Brilliant place to work. People are friendly. Good work life balance. Open and inclusive culture and collaborative working is encouraged. Great for work life balance

Pros

Flexible, inclusive, collaborative

5.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same location

Supportive culture; lots of change

What's good:The most supportive and friendly workplace culture I've experienced for a long time - YBS have definitely got this right.I feel as though I am valued for the contribution I make.I have been encouraged to develop myself through activities above my role description that also help others.There are definitely opportunities to progress internally, or move into a different role if you wish.Flexible working arrangements: able to spend a day or two in the office each week and work remotely the rest of the week.A good benefits package, including generous pension contribution, compensates for a headline salary that may appear lower than some other employers locally.What do I find challenging:Lots of change initiatives running at the same time, involving the same stakeholders, meaning it is sometimes tricky to get time with decision-makers and keep them focused on the task at hand.YBS is still on a journey of delivering change gradually and accepting that a complete solution does not always need to be delivered first time. As a Senior BA you will have plenty of scope to help with this!

Good Place to Work

Everyone at YBS is friendly and willing to help.There is always lots going on but all in the vision of making things better.There are lots of channels of communication and senior managers are very inclusive with their communication and are keen to hear from colleagues from all areas of the business.There are behaviours that are embedded and brought to life and a feeling of trust to be able to get on with your role and responsibilities.

Collaborative and cultured company

My experience so far has been brilliant. A very well-informed onboarding process, with the flexibility to be pro-active and bring new ideas. Management styles are strong from what I have seen, and development / progression is always something on the agenda.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Yorkshire Building Society. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Yorkshire Building Society with

Learn about Yorkshire Building Society in popular locations

• Yorkshire Building Society
  • Great place to work
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?