Yorkshire Building Society
View all Yorkshire Building Society reviews

Yorkshire Building Society

Yorkshire Building Society Employee Review

Great experience

I have been with YBS for just over a year, I have always felt supported and welcomed by all colleagues. My development is a core part of the conversations I have with my manager. Day to day, I have a good balance, I have flexibility when I need and feel trusted that i will deliver what is needed. Its often busy, but a good busy, only occasionally does that change and volumes go up.

5.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same location

I have been at YBS for a few years now. I have always found it a really friendly place to work, in the office everyone is very welcoming and collaborative and when you are home everyone is willing to make time for a call if there is anything you need. My manager is very supportive and has helped me with my development massively in the last year.

Pros

Development opportunities, office culture
Same location

Supportive culture; lots of change

What's good:The most supportive and friendly workplace culture I've experienced for a long time - YBS have definitely got this right.I feel as though I am valued for the contribution I make.I have been encouraged to develop myself through activities above my role description that also help others.There are definitely opportunities to progress internally, or move into a different role if you wish.Flexible working arrangements: able to spend a day or two in the office each week and work remotely the rest of the week.A good benefits package, including generous pension contribution, compensates for a headline salary that may appear lower than some other employers locally.What do I find challenging:Lots of change initiatives running at the same time, involving the same stakeholders, meaning it is sometimes tricky to get time with decision-makers and keep them focused on the task at hand.YBS is still on a journey of delivering change gradually and accepting that a complete solution does not always need to be delivered first time. As a Senior BA you will have plenty of scope to help with this!

Good Place to Work

Everyone at YBS is friendly and willing to help.There is always lots going on but all in the vision of making things better.There are lots of channels of communication and senior managers are very inclusive with their communication and are keen to hear from colleagues from all areas of the business.There are behaviours that are embedded and brought to life and a feeling of trust to be able to get on with your role and responsibilities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Yorkshire Building Society. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement