Yours Clothing
Happiness score is 52 out of 100

Yours Clothing Employee Reviews

United Kingdom204 reviews

lovelydiscountshopstoreclotheheadtargetdelivery

It can be quite chill but it’s hard to get hours

It’s a decent work environment however your shifts are out on a piece of paper you need to take a picture of and it’s hard to get in touch with management as the only form of communication is the customer phone which is on shop floor

Poor management, bullying and stressful

I thought i landed a great job. Until about a week in and then the backstabbing started. Management provide no training, your expected to learn everything super fast and often left alone not knowing what to do. Very poorly managed and had such a high turn over of staff. At least 4 new starters there within 4/5 months of me starting. Would never work there again.

Insights into Yours Clothing

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Energising work tasks

Good company

Great perksAwesome store manager New area manager is great Fabulous support from other stores in the area Amazing team Plenty of work life balance Monthly pay

Toxic

I witnessed the management team bully two co workers until they left, management was very clickly and would opening discuss other co workers on shop floor in front of customers. One member of management would take very frequent smoking breaks which would last at least 20 minutes.

Fun work place

It was great fun to work with them, they happily take time and explain what they needed if you didn't understand and it was a pleasant time being there

Typical retail

Very under appreciated by head office, staff on the shop floor come up with much better ideas as they are the ones dealing with it day in day out, but nobody at the top seems to listen.

Unsupportive and poor management

There are so many better places to work then Yours Clothing. I have been with a new company for a while now and it has only highlighted how toxic and horrendous the company was to work for. No support from Area Manager, spoken down to frequently and expected to do numerous tasks above your pay grade. For the sake of your work/life balance and mental health - avoid.

Pros

Discount

Cons

Too many to list

Busy but fun environment to work in

I love working at Yours Clothing Chelmsford! The team is very nice and helpful and my manager is very friendly and reasonable. Even though it’s fast paced environment, there’s no stress coming with it. If I had to apply for that job again, I would do it in a heartbeat!

Pros

Exceptional team

Cons

None that I can think of

Waste of 5 years of my life

I think hands down this is the worst place I’ve ever worked for, the only reason I stayed as long was for the team I was with, there is no progression with this company and they will often cut your contact hours down and then make you work 40+ hours a week when they have no one in and often leave you doing a key holder job without the title or hours, this is all till they hire someone to fill the position to then put you back down to you 4 hour contract until that person quits within a couple weeks to then do it all over again. Managers also run on their own time and only look after each other. The amount of work the higher ups also load onto you is insane and not manageable. Don’t worry though the area manager won’t send emails belittling your store if you underperform slightly. Also don’t bother chasing up shifts they don’t pay you for it’s not worth it.They would also rather have people giving you inappropriate comments than lose a sale of £10 so it’s honestly not worth your time .I am now in a much better company and I forgot what it feels like to be respected and appreciated.

Pros

Non

Cons

Too many to list

It was okay

I worked for Yours for over a year. The company as a whole didn't care about staff, you were definitely just a number. The store I worked in was very cliquey but as an adult, I rose above it. Minimum wage sucks and that's all that's offered. It was only a pound or more extra for being a keyholder which totally isn't worth the extra responsibility. Gettibg 50% off the clothing was absolutely amazing though.

A great place to work

Supportive close knit team who want to succeed Clear targets and progression Great customers Friendly happy atmosphere Good attention to detail A great place to work if you love fashion

Never in my life have I worked in such a horrendous place

Worst place Iv ever worked. it made me Ill your just a number and the managed don’t give a dam about you or your mental health. centre and expect way too much!! Unhealthy work place!!

Pros

Cons

Get pooped on daily, management don’t care, your just a number

Exhausting

You put your heart and soul into a place with very little reward and often face demotion - there doesn’t seem to be any loyalty to hardworking employees and it’s a shame because there are some genuinely lovely staff who want to progress and become ambassadors for the company! Retail is hard but working at Yours has become a challenge for physical and mental health, there’s so much to do that you can often find yourself buried in tasks and then take it home with you worrying about how much you have to do the next day. Lately the job has become very task orientated, you will find yourself one afternoon with only 2 members of staff marking down products, re-pricing items, filling gaps, frantically trying to finish a delivery, doing a full window change, steaming and dressing mannequins, doing a survey, putting stock away, tidying and cleaning, packing orders for the internet all whilst trying to remain open and free for all customers who need help, and when you stay late or start early you are told that a good member of management would prioritise and get it all done within the allotted time. It’s just simply not possible, which leads to an unhealthy home/life balance.I have read a lot of comments about bullying in the workplace and cliques - I never once experienced this and have instead met some amazing people. Store Managers have always been very accommodating and supportive, Higher Management are friendly and have good ideas however don’t really invest in your personal development unless you are with a Union or it suits them. Ultimately they are only interested in the store -

Pros

Staff discount

Cons

As stated

toxic environment

Over worked, underpaid. Bullies in management who make fun of colleagues and customers. Overall poor place to work, very draining. Little to no training and you’re expected to know the job within a couple of weeks and feel punished if you ask for help

Pros

Cons

Weekend work, 8-4 on Sundays. Poor management, work from home but no equipment provided, no training, expected to do work above your pay grade

Great Team in store / Upper Management not so

If you enjoy working in a small but friendly team then that’s great. Day to day general duties and stock rotation.The teams within the stores are great and very friendly but beyond that there is no compassion.Upper Management maintain a work harder not smarter regime there is no decision making at store level and store managers have no local authority to do what works for the store.There is very little chance of progress to higher positions and staff retention rate in some stores is awful.This company needs a good reality check on how it treats its staff. With a minimum wage for maximum input expected.

Horrible work place, no respect from managers.

I worked here as a break after university, this was by far the worst decision I have ever made!!!! Although my colleagues were absolutely brilliant, higher management was awful, they do not care about your health or wellbeing or mental health. During my 10 months in one store I saw 3 managers come and go, which goes to show the type of workplace it really was.

Not good

Never understanding, inconsistent shift pattern, upper management set unrealistic targets, in store management could be very cliquey, store was very quiet and not enough tasks to do, very high staff turnover.

Pros

Staff discount

Cons

Many.

I didn't work here for very long, about 6 months or so but it was a good place to work. Staff and management were lovely. Didn't get much experience with higher management so can't comment on that.

Pros

50% off products, supportive management

Relaxed

Not a bad place of work, must be good at selling though & add ons! If you can do this then it’s the right job for you. You get a massive discount on their clothing which is a great hit it’s 50% off. I absolutely loved working here and miss it so much! The only reason I left was because of covid. This is a job anyone will love and won’t want to lose.

Fun place to work

Yours Clothing is a fun place to work, met lots of lovely people working for the company.It is fast paced, with a lot of work to do and not enough time to do it. You will never be bored, there is ALWAYS something to do!Sale time can get a bit stressful.You will be expected to work over your contracted hours at busy times and weekends, and be called in at short notice to cover sickness.

Pros

Nice people, staff discount

Cons

Dealing with Shoplifters, Sale time stress

Productive and enjoyable

All staff are friendly and welcoming, treat you like you have been with them for years. It is fast paced and hard work but I love working there. Great work family

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Yours Clothing. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Yours Clothing with

Learn about Yours Clothing in popular locations

• Yours Clothing
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?