ZARA

Liverpool23 reviews

Found 23 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,039 reviews
inditexrotatidydiscountfashioncolleagueshopretail

Fine working

It's fine working environment extremely fast paced and stressfull. Good incentives and basic pay is offered. Majority of Spanish people in the team. Overall fine

Busy

Very busy, but the time goes fast. When the store is given more hours then much more enjoyable. Some of the customers are awful. Great pay.

Insights into ZARA

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Trust in colleagues

Amazing commission

Fast paced but very well rewarding, the commission is amazing and they always hit the targets so you get a nice bonus at the end of each month, each year you work there you get a service award at the end of each month on top of commission !!

Fast paced & stuck up management

I’m a current employee and I think my time here will be coming to an end soon. It hasn’t been terrible but management seriously needs to improve. I’ve met some amazing friends but the stress of the job and managers on your back for things that aren’t your fault just isn’t worth it. Ridiculous company policies leave customers screaming at us on an hourly basis and managers who take F O R E V E R to come to the cash desk and ‘help’. Unbelievable stressful ridiculous targets.

Pros

25% staff discount

Fast paced

Great benefits such as pay rate, increase of holidays with service length, company sick and maternity pay.High management not approachable and can be very hard sometimes specially when you've got children and no childcare, the company isn't very flexible.

Pros

Great pay rate

Cons

Lack of empathy from high management.

Don’t bother

Zara is one of my favourite fashion brands so it seemed like a no brainier when I saw jobs listed at my local store. BIG mistake. The management is terrible, often quite bi-polar with their treatment of staff and it makes for a tense atmosphere. If you make a simple mistake you’re looked down upon and if you’re not from the same culture as the majority you will be made to feel like an outcast. The benefits and pay are great- but everything else is a shambles.

Pros

Good discount

Cons

Rude staff Terrible management

Bad place to work

It was my first experience working in retail and i have to say it was unpleasant. Some of the managers and colleagues are rude, arrogant and don’t have patience. It’s not a professional environment, because everybody is gossiping and complaining about other’s mistakes. They should have more group activities and more training. Despite all this, the payment is ok.

Nice for a while

The job is very high paced and target focused, but colleagues and managers are very helpful and friendly. There's no possibility of doing any overtime, however you always get your contracted hours and you get your salary on time.

Good place

It is an easy job itself and the working hours allow you to have leisure time. The money is good and the team work closely to make sure everything is delivered on time.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Working in the evenings

Worst place ever

The managers were so rude all the time, and some of the collegues the same. If you ask something because you are new: FORGET TO LEARN. The don’t help you at all, and if they do is snorting all the time and with a bad face. Worst place ever. Work in a bar before here.

Good job but boring and stressful

Good place to work if you like a fast paced environment, basically just any other retail job however it’s crazy stressful and the same thing every day

Pros

Free fruit, day goes quick

Cons

Boring, stressful and bad management

High Paced

This is a great place to work and has lots of great individuals to work with. The location of the job means there is always new customers coming into the store and is always busy.

Pros

Discounted lunch

Cons

Early hours

Best place I’ve worked so far!

I have currently only been working at Zara for 3 weeks now & although my contract is 3 months I am hoping to be kept on because of how much I enjoy everyone who I work with. It’s an absolute pleasure to say I work for such a great company but even more so to say I work with the amazing people I do. Zara is the first job I’ve had where I don’t dread going in, my colleagues have been beyond supportive and helpful considering this is my first retail job. My hours is only 20 per week so I can’t speak for the full time staff but the work life balance for me is so suited to my commitments outside of work. The shop does get extremely busy however everyone are so hardworking and passionate about their store.

Pros

Amazing colleagues!! Managers are super supportive and lovely, good pay too

Cons

None!

busy and not cordination management

all is about depend the manager wich will be assigner to you . Plus you have do many things of wich a person not can finished , because always the are short staff .

awful work place

My review of working in this store is bad, due to the reasons, the management is disgusting and we are way over worked and under appreciated. There is no respect or understanding of a work and home life balance, it is difficult to get the holidays ,and days off or if you wanted to swap shifts with another colleague its almost impossible. Although the money is good and the commission is high it definitely isn't worth effecting your mental state. This job has effected me a lot causing anxiety and stress even at my young age of 19 which is not good. I do not recommend this job to anyone.

Busy but staff fairly easy going

Friendly, young and fun staff overall. The occasional manager takes their position and power too seriously which creates a bad atmosphere. Folding clothes, refilling stock and tills are easy.

Pros

Social aspect of going out with staff

Fun place to work.

Working in a place like Zara, specially the ladies wear stockroom is not only stressful but also exciting and fun. I am learning a lot of how the "behind the scenes" of Inditex works. I truly believe anyone who knows how to work in the Zara ladies wear stockroom will be able to work anywhere else due to the permanent stimulation, pressure and fast pace environment that this place is.

Pros

Easy professional growth

Cons

Pressure in 25s

Very long hours

Managers expect you to work quicker than any human is physically capable. The hours are stupidly long (11/12 hour days Everyone's rude - it's just not a nice environment

fun in workplace

i really enjoy my job, is a nice place to work, sometimes you ve got issues with the customers but generally is a good place to work, no free time at all when you are full time employer.

Pros

free 20 mins break, good commision, good stuff discount

nice work place

it was nice to work for zara but thats all...the managers are weird ..working there was pretty easy ...and yhe breaks was fine..they have fruits and stuff at the rest room that is for the employees to eat..

very poor

I was working here and when i left i had problems receiving my P45 form and they kept charging me on my other pay slips. The management was no help at all and they kept giving me the runaround.

Pros

Cons

too many

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ZARA. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement