Zayo Group logo
Zayo Group

Zayo Group Employee Reviews

fun workplace

working at Zayo is good short but not long term. people here are friendly and honestly the best thing about working here. The work is okay but not related with the work i want to do not much to learn

Poor structure

Disorganized. Inaccurate scheduling, budgets, and trackers. Leadership creates tension. Less than 2 percent forecast accuracy for internal tasks. Unprincipled with poor leadership correspondence with clients.

Pros

hats and shirts

Candidate for worse management in US workforce

Set you up for failure. Will work you to death literally. No leadership, rudderless and very inhumane culture that harkens to dark industrial times. Honestly not much good about this work environment it’s a job. Not hard just not enough resources, training provided.

Pros

You get a check

Cons

Company Culture

no growth opportunity

I actually was hired on with Allstream (Zayo purchased Allstream -formally Integra Telecom). The internal systems and tools needed for daily tasks is outdated and unorganized. The expectations and responsibility increased substantially without any wage increases. Procedures and manager direction are inconsistent and there are a lot of lay offs.

Co-workers are supportive and helpful. Life vs Work balance is terrible.

As a field tech each day is varied enough so that its not boring. The day goes by pretty fast with plenty to do. However, management seems to find ways to unnecessarily add to the frustration levels my micro-managing day to day tasks. The culture from management is work until you are dead, if you don't like it, there is the door. We commonly are working 15-20 hour days that run into the next work day. Co-workers are diligent and are ready and willing to assist and support to get tasks completed despite the many challenges we face. Compensation is more than fair however IMO.Overall, its not the worst job I have had but it could be much better.

Pros

Competitive pay

Cons

Long work hours.

The bonus structure is terrible

The bonus structure is terrible. What is promised is never provided. I would not recommend working for this company if you are based outside of Corado

Great people horrible company

That says it all. It was a great team of professional people. But management is still stuck in the 80's. Unbelievable how they treat women and contractors.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Leadership is poor

Overworked and underappreciated

After slashing headcount across the company, management has made little to no effort to change processes to run more efficiently, yet they get upset and do not understand why they continue to struggle across all aspects of the company.

Great learning experience if you want to learn about ethics violations

Company is rife with unskilled management. Ethics violations abound. Every manager is taking kickbacks from their contractors. HR is designed to help you fail but the lack of support form corporate the lack of training and the inept management has caused this company to lose great PMs. The Atlanta market is the worst of the bunch. Years of ineptitude with no oversight and no quality control makes for a network that is poorly designed and prone to frequent, expensive outages.

Pros

Company vehicle

Cons

Management, Ethics, Pay, Workload, Expectations

The perfect job for someone that has no life and is willing to dedicate their every breathing moment to the company

For 7 years I gave my all to this company and because of hearsay I was let go I was not allowed to be told what I said or to whom I said it. I was an exemplary employee but was let go and brushed under the rug because they were trying to sell the company at the time. They let me go in order to save two or three others on the team. If you want no work-life balance this is the company for you

Pros

Knowledge level of employees

Cons

Corporate doesn't care you're just a number

Jobs at Zayo Group

See more jobs

Poor mamagement and lack of training and respect

This company has the worse management and training ever!They will train you few weeks for a certain role then expect you to learn other job functions in few days and expect you to be productive right the way., so unrealistic! They don't update their system lime they should as they dont want to take the time to do it. Then if you make a mistake, it falls back on you!Then you have some people with attitude and feel entitled as they've been working there longer than you. They pretend that they will help.you succeed but there are some workers who are so hypocrite. They throw you under the bus and find any reason to fire you just to save themselves. Sorry but this is not the type of environment I want to work negative, no incentives to grow and constantly stresses out with no work-life balance.

Pros

Decent salary

Cons

No adequate training, poor mamageneht

Office life was casual

Working with local management was very rewarding. Not so much at corporate level. Budget was difficult to work within. Corporate management was difficult to work with.

Pros

Local management was great

Cons

Corporate Management was difficult

High turnover and poor management!

The culture was horrible there. No one seemed happy, no smiles, no "Good Morning," no eye contact with anyone as you walk the isles. Management had their favorites and they were allowed to literally sleep at their desk, while others did all the work. Different rules for others. I went to HR twice and yet they did nothing! Horrible experience. I only stayed for 14 months, but really should have left 1st month, as I kept thinking it would get better.......nada, zilch! By time I left I felt like I'd been abused!

Pros

At the time close to home

Cons

Poor pay, poor management, long meetings, cold environment.

Best suited for those who like a fast paced and challenging workplace

I see many reviews mentioning lack of training. The resources are there to learn anything you want, but you have to put in the effort. Don't expect to be handed a nice little bundle when you walk in the door with everything you'll ever need to know. Take some responsibility for your own enrichment people. Teams are generally small so everyone is expected to work hard and work together and people who aren't in for that generally don't last. My manager is awesome, treats me like a human being and would give the shirt off his back.

Pros

Challenging, always something new to learn, great teamates

Cons

Gets stressful when deadlines approach, process seems to be an on going work in progress

Great people at the company senior leadership disconnected

The co-workers within the company are all skilled and great to work with. The C level of the company not so much. They focus was more on what would bring the share prices up than what would make a successful environment to grow.

Demanding customer base

Zayo was an alright place to work as long as you like to work balls to the wall everyday. PTO was above average. Company decided to relocate people and I was unwilling to move. Ironic since COVID made everybody work from home.

Pros

Pto, shift work and schedule

Cons

Just to much network for the folks trying to monitor and maintain it.

no work life balance

the company has gone through acquiring 36 companies during past years, the consolidation take huge toe on employees to get the support and resources needed to do their job

Layoffs seem to be Zayo's culture now

Working with zayo there is no training. Very few opportunities to advance and move up the ladder. Company says they care about their employees but yet they lay their people off so they can make the new owners happy. Apparently 10 to 13% growth is the goal now. This last layoff they laid off people in special groups who have special access to different databases.

Pros

Nothing important enough to write about

Cons

Your average day you're at least working 10 hours

Senior management

Very slow to back fill positions and as a result leaves employees in positions to fail more than succeed. Senior management will throw normal employees under the bus with customers if something goes wrong instead of addressing their own shortcomings. Never been happier to leave a company more than Zayo.

Pros- Great work environment Great location Free lunch every month Gaming room Ping pong table Thirsty Thursdays Cons- No work life balance Compensation

Run from this place

Members of Zayo management treat the rank and file employees pretty poorly. Its a job if you need a job, but there is no upward mobility based on merit whatsoever. It is the worst employer I've ever worked for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zayo Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7